Cook Street Village

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#181 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

I was here a couple days ago just for a change from my regular hangout across the street.
The place is full of Hispters plunking away on their MacBooks while taking up a complete section but no coffees in hand. I guess that Moka house is Ok with this because they are making up the loss of revenue by over charging regular customers.

I ordered a coffee and a lemon bar.

The coffee is $ 2.20
The lemon bar is $2.81

I pay and find a lonely stool at the bar in the Hipster section surrounded by macbooks.

I look at my receipt and see they have charged $3.10 for the lemon bar.

After 10 minutes of eating the bar slurping back my caffeine and listening to students talking about their great buy on over priced lululemon pants, I head for the door but not before a detour to the counter to enquire about the price.

The Emo girl at the counter has no idea what I am talking about even after I showed her the price in the display case.
She directs me to her barista queen co-workers who gets it but informs me taht the price never got changed after the HST removal and she suggested thet that prices were going to remain the same as before the HSt removal blah blah blah.

I dont care too much about the extra 29 cents plus tax I paid but what I do care about is that if you are going to post prices post the correct prices.

I explained to her that over the course of the day if they sell everything in their display case at more than what the price says them they are making a good profit at the expense of customers who do not ask for a receipt those who can not do math

Her explanation about the price cards and the lame excuse about the tax changed the prices on teh items do not add up and when pushed for a non-confusing answer she said the owner would be able to explain it better but would be in till next day.

#182 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

You got ripped off by over 10% by someone that goes by the name of Day Day.

That's just plain wrong.

#183 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Why is there still PST on that bill?

Matt.

#184 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

You got ripped off by over 10% by someone that goes by the name of Day Day.

That's just plain wrong.

Wrong that they named their child Day, when their surname was Day?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#185 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I

The place is full of Hispters plunking away on their MacBooks...

I pay and find a lonely stool at the bar in the Hipster section...

After 10 minutes of eating the bar slurping back my caffeine and listening to students talking about their great buy on over priced lululemon pants...

The Emo girl at the counter...

She directs me to her barista queen co-workers..

You know, I may have actually cared about this horrible situation that you were subjected to if you weren't so unnecessarily insulting and condescending.

#186 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

So I asked Moka House what they are doing with all if the PST money they are collecting illegally and have been for about 3 weeks now and they say they didn't know they were collecting PST even though it is on reveipts again today

I wonder how a business owner could not know this is happening would it not show up when they close out each day??

Oh and sorry to the above poster for the pointed remarks from the other day there were people with PC s in there too not just MacBooks

#187 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Another horticultural fatality in the village. One of the drivers of one of those Insituform trucks working in the village drove into 80 year old chestnut and damaged it so much that they are now in the midst of cutting it down.
Argh!!!

#188 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

That's really too bad. Just out of curiosity when a public tree (well a tree on public land at least) is cut down, what happens to the wood?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#189 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

On CTV news today (where I swore I saw our very own VHF stroll in front of the camera) they mentioned that the tree was rotting badly inside. However they did believe it had another 15 years.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#190 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

On CTV news today (where I swore I saw our very own VHF stroll in front of the camera)

Indeed, I did. Major faux pas (a socially awkward or tactless act). I heard about it from a few others.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#191 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Depending on the tree and the circumstances, the VIWG is contacted for first refusal.

That's really too bad. Just out of curiosity when a public tree (well a tree on public land at least) is cut down, what happens to the wood?

#192 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

2 units down from Rainbird on Sutlej in the Essencia building.

#193 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

A nail salon is apparently opening in the space where Fairfield Book Shop is currently located. Last week the owners indicated that the book shop was closing, as mentioned by Jill in the business comings and goings thread.

Someone has written us to say that they've spoken with the owner and the book shop sold, but is being converted into a nail salon.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#194 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

Did that frozen yogurt place ever open?

#195 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

Did that frozen yogurt place ever open?

No, or it came and went.  Not there now.

#196 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

Qoola... pretty sure as a competitor to Booster Juice it wasn't supposed to open in the first place.

#197 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

Qoola was there for a little while (maybe over a year). Went there a couple times.

#198 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

They call woodworker groups to come get it.
  • Mike K. likes this
Pieta VanDyke

#199 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,291 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Thanks to Kapten Kapsell for the heads-up!

Cook Street Village liquor store on the move to former RBC bank branch

http://victoria.citi...bc-bank-branch/

Know it all.

#200 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

We were wondering what was going to happen there - although it seems a bit "under-developed" to just have a single story retail location there.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users