• Please log in to reply
7141 replies to this topic

#61 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

It was a teenage male.

Looks like someone has access to information that hasn't been released to the media. ;)

#62 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

It was a teenage male.

What a waste. Oh, his poor, poor family.

#63 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

What a waste. Oh, his poor, poor family.

+1

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#64 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

And now for something completely different:

Officers went above, beyond call of duty
Rob Mason, Times Colonist
January 03, 2010
http://www2.canada.c...ec-445529cd8696

In light of the negative press that highlights our national police force in less than flattering circumstances, I thought it fitting to submit a Boxing Day story. It's not meant to diminish the impact on those involved in the other stories or enter into debate over any aspect of these occurrences.[...]

#65 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

Looks like it's the only major crash last night. They have not said if the driver was male or female. With a LeBaron, I'd say it's still 50/50.

Only as gay guy would own a convertible LeBaron. That'd be like a guy driving a Miata.

No it was his parents car, and he was not gay. His girlfriend was a old co worker of mine.

#66 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

Pedestrian hurt bad in the 900-blk of Pandora this morning.

EDIT/UPDATE: Turns out only minor injuries and there were several witnesses at 7:30am. The 30-year-old victim had been drinking, and has been issued a ticket for running into the road.

#67 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

That's a bad area for that sort of thing, often some of the people who use the services in that area have absolutely no self-preservation instinct when it comes to crossing streets and will just walk out into traffic. I wonder what happend.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#68 goke

goke
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

They sure had a lot of emergency services there for one person with "minor injuries".
That block is a like a game of Frogger with the hypes trying to get between McD's and the services on the other side. I'm surprised someone doesn't get hit there every week.

#69 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

They sure had a lot of emergency services there for one person with "minor injuries".
That block is a like a game of Frogger with the hypes trying to get between McD's and the services on the other side. I'm surprised someone doesn't get hit there every week.

:D

#70 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Two police cars and a tow truck were still on scene at 9:15 this morning.

Ya know, the road safety squad will have a ball handing out jaywalking tickets to tourists on Government street in the summer but these jackasses get to cross the road all day...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#71 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Well guys I just got my driver's license, that's a traffic incident in its self!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#72 piltdownman

piltdownman
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

^^You can't really ticket the homeless because they can't pay the ticket and thus it isn't a deterrent. Its the same as how they mostly get away drinking or urinating in public. If any of us got caught doing that we would get ticketed, but the homeless hardly even get bothered over it. I guess after x tickets they have to go in front of a judge who will make them swear not to do it again, and when they get caught again its contempt of court.

#73 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

Man arrested after go-kart joy ride

Times Colonist January 8, 2010 10:04 PM

A 26-year-old Sooke man was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of impaired driving — of a go-kart. West Shore RCMP were called to a go-kart accident at the corner of Goldstream and Peatt roads about 10 p.m., 15 minutes after a go-kart was reported stolen. The man was taken to Victoria General Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. The go-kart is worth an estimated $6,000 and can reach speeds of up to 100 kilometres per hour, according to the owner.
© Copyright © The Victoria Times Colonist

#74 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

^I think that guy should hook up with the drunk slattern that fell asleep with her kids in the backseat. They'd make a great couple.

We definitely have to start a separate redneck crime thread.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#75 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

the drunk slattern that fell asleep

Y'know, I felt pretty much the same thing about her when I first read the story - deadbeat mom drinking and driving with her kids in the car. But then, I thought a bit about the blood alcohol content being 5! times the legal limit. 5 x .08 =.40 That big a BAC would probably kill anyone but a long-time, serious alcoholic. So, I began to have a little compassion, and hope that this episode sends mom off to rehab and a daily AA meeting..
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#76 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

In response, Mayor Fortin is going to introduce a motion to spend $120,000 to have Our Place open at 7am evey day instead of 9am. I'll support that. I'd also support them spending $1M to move Our Place to Oak Bay.

#77 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

If Fortin wants a bridge so badly, perhaps he can build a foot bridge over Pandora :P

#78 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

^:D

#79 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Here's an interesting true case I read about today. A Philippino man sideswipes a cart and injures another man. He's clearly at fault yet the judge can't imprison him and lets him go. Any guesses what gave this man a free pass? It wasn't because he was a diplomat, politician, crime boss or powerful celebrity.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#80 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Here's an interesting true case I read about today. A Philippino man sideswipes a cart and injures another man. He's clearly at fault yet the judge can't imprison him and lets him go. Any guesses what gave this man a free pass? It wasn't because he was a diplomat, politician, crime boss or powerful celebrity.

The cart was in the middle of the road.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users