Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Juliet condo | 44m | 14-storeys | Built - completed in Oct 2008

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#541 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

View from the Juliet's 5th floor terrace:

Picture from www.downtownvictoriacondos4sale.com/

#542 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

A second location of the Macchiato Caffe (at Broad and Broughton streets), co-owned by the brothers who run the Italian Imports deli on Blanshard between Fort and View streets, is taking over the old 834 Showroom in the Juliet.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#543 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

I wonder how they'll do with Timmies right next door?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#544 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

They are already right beside Mirage coffee on Blanshard (although that location is mainly food sales). Subway is across the street from it. Downtown their other location right near a Starbucks at the mall, and Mirage on the block over. Not to mention a Blenz up a block, the broughton street deli, and that sandwich place on Courtenay. Very packed downtown!!

#545 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

I am sure that they would be more concerned about Habit or Mirage up the street. This place serves coffee not whatever a "double double" is. Very different customers.

Hopefully they will also get their baked goods from Bonds Bonds. Yum Cinnamon twist in short hop from office!!!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#546 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

This place serves coffee not whatever a "double double" is. Very different customers.

I can go both ways. Sometimes I get confused and order a double double at Starbucks :rolleyes:

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#547 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

A Crack Shack got busted on 700 Johnson St today Probably in the Juliet seems that it is a head quarters of sorts for Crackheads and Junkies this isnt the first time the cops have attended this building.

#548 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

More likely the York hotel...

#549 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Check 6 reported it was a Condo in 700 Block Johnson and in my opinion The York would not be defined as a condo

#550 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

interesting. I guess crack heads have mortgages too.

#551 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

A Crack Shack got busted on 700 Johnson St today Probably in the Juliet seems that it is a head quarters of sorts for Crackheads and Junkies this isnt the first time the cops have attended this building.

Sounds like you have some strange bone to pick with that building. Care to elaborate or at least provide some reference?

#552 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Sounds like you have some strange bone to pick with that building. Care to elaborate or at least provide some reference?

Wow you are a little on the defensive side there. Why is that?

To the contrary. The Building is nice but the undesirables that frequent the building are in the "Bone to Pick Folder"

In my opinion all Drug Dealers should be put in an oven and gassed.

Bentick Island should be re-opened and all addicted personnel could be housed there until totally detoxed.

The name of the reporter in the story is interesting.

Victoria police net crack cocaine, heroine, cash, suspects in downtown raid

By Erin McCracken - Victoria News
Published: March 28, 2012 5:00 PM
Updated: March 28, 2012 5:34 PM
Victoria police have taken more than $20,000 worth of crack cocaine and heroine that was destined for the city streets after raiding a downtown condo Wednesday.
Members of the department's Emergency Response Team executed a search warrant and raided the premises in the 700-block of Johnson St., just before 1 p.m.
The team found drugs and $13,000 in cash. The items were seized by the Victoria Police Department's Strike Force Unit.
A 31-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman, both from Victoria, were arrested. Police say they pair used the condo as their drug-trafficking base of operations.
“The targets in this investigation were trying to establish themselves as suppliers to the downtown core,” said Const. Jeff Lawson, with the strike force unit.
The female suspect is scheduled to appear in court May 9, while the male suspect remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in court Thursday (March 29).
emccracken@vicnews.com

http://www.vicnews.c.../144736335.html

#553 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Oh, come on. Drug dealers like nice new condos. That's not new.

Songhees used to be home to many. Now Aria, Belvedere, Juliet, The Falls are home to some. Big deal.

http://www.viccity.c...downtown condo/

In late June, police seized about $500,000 worth of marijuana, cash, two cars and a boat from two luxury condos in the Humboldt Valley, an area populated with residential highrises.

Hamilton said the two busts are not connected.

"This shows that high-end condos are just as likely to experience criminal activities as other less-expensive buildings," Hamilton said, reminding landlords and tenants to be on the lookout for drug activity in rental properties.

Drug dealers usually pay cash rent, and perhaps pay a premium to landlords too.

Police allege the two were running a dial-a-dope operation from the rented apartment suite. The owner was not aware what was going on.

That's how most drugs are sold outside of nightclubs or the 900-blk Pandora. It's really quite unsophisticated. What's surprising is how slowly cops bust these dealers.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#554 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Oh, come on. Drug dealers like nice new condos. That's not new.

Songhees used to be home to many. Now Aria, Belvedere, Juliet, The Falls are home to some. Big deal.

http://www.viccity.c...downtown condo/

Drug dealers usually pay cash rent, and perhaps pay a premium to landlords too.

That's how most drugs are sold outside of nightclubs or the 900-blk Pandora. It's really quite unsophisticated. What's surprising is how slowly cops bust these dealers.

You are right. they also live in subdivisions, apartments and trailer parks.
I personally wouldn't want to have one as a neighbour.
Free enterprise is alive and well but all of the Slag that comes with it is not something I would want to live near especially in an over priced condo that will never make the owner money when he/she decides to sell it and move on.

#555 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

News flash: people with lots of money prefer fancy condos. Who'd a thunk it? Yes, all high-end condos have shady characters--drug dealers, sex trade workers--even politicians and investment traders! Advocating the death penalty or exile is a lazy way of avoiding thinking about the problem.

Nothing to me suggests Juliet is any worse apart from the condos that have drastic rental restrictions in their bylaws.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#556 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

If we're done here I'd like to remind everyone to keep on topic before this gets out of hand. Thank you :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#557 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

Has the Juliet always had this lighting below the overhang on the roof?

The-Juliet.jpg

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users