Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Juliet condo | 44m | 14-storeys | Built - completed in Oct 2008

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#501 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:34 AM

Done

#502 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

The parking entrance seems to be huge. Are those visitor parking spaces I see right outside the gate?

#503 Pask

Pask
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

The parking entrance seems to be huge. Are those visitor parking spaces I see right outside the gate?

They can be used as visitor parking, if the visitor parking is full. The designated visitor parking is after the first gate. There are 5 spots right now, with some more being used for storage for contractors ladders, saws, etc. Once they are gone I think there will be 7 visitor spots available.

#504 Pyroteknik

Pyroteknik
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

View from the Juliet rooftop patio towards downtown and the Johnson St. Bridge.

#505 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Spectacular view and pictures. Thanks.

A couple of interesting things I've never known are in that last photo: a light well/courtyard in the York Hotel on Johnson and in intriguing view of the back of the Oddfellows Hall showing what looks like some of the original exterior. I'd like to get a close up of that.

#506 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

WOW.

A couple of questions about the last photo:
What are the two extremely bright lights over the west?
Is the bridge up?

#507 Pyroteknik

Pyroteknik
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

I'm not sure what the bright lights are.. ball park or field lighting perhaps? Rob, I see what you mean about behind the York and the original buildings on Douglas.. I'll have to see if I can get a clear shot from up there in the daytime. Thanks for the feedback!

#508 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Great pictures!

#509 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the pictures!

The bright lights would be from the navy base in Esquimalt.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#510 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Amazing. I am so jealous of you right now I could choke.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#511 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for the pictures!

The bright lights would be from the navy base in Esquimalt.

Ah yes. Thanks Mike.

#512 Roger

Roger
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Amazing. I am so jealous of you right now I could choke.

Good deals to be had if you are still interested.... This was in the home section of the TC today.

#513 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

The Juliet's best angle:

http://www.flickr.co...ton/3137922253/

#514 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

Good deals to be had if you are still interested.... This was in the home section of the TC today.

That is a pretty good indication that David Chard's next tower won't happen any time soon if he has to offer deep discounts at Juliet.

#515 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

in those recent pics Victoria looks almost like a real city! :o

#516 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

That is a pretty good indication that David Chard's next tower won't happen any time soon if he has to offer deep discounts at Juliet.

The Juliet isn't alone in offering these big discounts: similar price cuts are in effect at the Chelsea as well. "Inventory clear out sales" are being offered at various buildings in Vancouver as well.

Chard's next building seems to be squarely aimed at the 'entry level' market (prices there are going to be lower than Juliet prices, even with the Juliet discounts); perhaps it will proceed as planned if these prices are low enough to attract enough interest?

#517 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

I wouldn't read too much into it.
I'd guess Juliet is well into profit and its inventory clear-out to free up remaining money and clear the decks for the next project.

#518 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

I found this quote by Nick Russell in an old Hallmark Society newsletter:

I was recently at an Advisory Planning Commission hearing at which [Gene] Miller represented developers who wanted approval for a mega-building on Blanshard Street, the site of Romeo’s old restaurant, and towering above the Synagogue –a National Heritage Site.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#519 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for the trip back in time! I recall that argument and many like it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#520 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

I think I would like this building a whole lot more if it had the cobalt blue finish like the one on the proposed 834 johnson.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users