Photo

Romeo's Place | Victoria | Fisgard at Blanshard

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:08 PM

...I think the main problem with either of these sites would probably be how using them for park space would utterly vanquish the complaint re: North Park being deficient in park space. ...The established political delusions of North Park would be turned upside down...

It's pretty safe to assume that other political delusions from North Park would soon surface. The crazy that resides in my 'hood is a very deep well.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#102 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,071 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:10 PM

Soulliere said the location met several needs for a park, such as its proximity to transit, and bike and pedestrian routes. Its southern exposure also makes it ideal for growing trees and other plants, he says.

https://www.capitald...losed-romeo-lot

"OK, kids, lets get on the bus/bike, we are heading down to the Blanshard Street park".  Said nobody ever.

Green spaces have been shown to greatly reduce urban heat, a growing concern amid the climate crisis. For Victoria, the downtown area stands out as one of the few sections of the city that lacks tree canopies and proximity to parks. It also has, in turn, higher summer temperatures than other parts of the city.

Good grief.  Adding this park will reduce downtown summer temperatures by how much?  8 degress maybe?     :teacher: 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 January 2024 - 11:13 PM.

#103 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:13 PM

Has anyone checked the urban temperature along this block of Blanshard over the past few days?

#104 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:06 AM

Has anyone checked the urban temperature along this block of Blanshard over the past few days?

I live pretty much kitty corner to that property...  It's very warm, I still have yet to turn on heat for over 8 years living there.  I may have to move it it cools down due to this.

#105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:09 AM

Dasmo, who can I source for those parkade renderings?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#106 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:20 AM

I generated them with my paid magic wand so copyright is mine but copyright on generated images isn’t a thing nor should it be. Unless modified by the human hand. Take them and credit “generative art from autonomous sources”
  • Nparker, Ismo07 and Victoria Watcher like this

#107 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:22 AM

Ok!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#108 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:46 AM

haha "autonomous" Should remain as the credit.  

#109 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 10:31 AM

Moving forward, 10-4.

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users