#61 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

I like the calamari.

I like the octopus!
  • AllseeingEye and Redd42 like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#62 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

I like the octopus!

:mad:
  • Nparker and sdwright.vic like this

#63 Shack

Shack
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

I had Romeo's pizza a couple weeks ago and did find it a bit on the salty side. That said, if they had online ordering, I'd do it more often. Back to Dominoes...

Calling into Romeos is actually pretty great, especially if you order the same thing over and over since your orders are linked to your phone # in their system Just say you'll have the same thing as last time and you're done.

#64 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

Calling into Romeos is actually pretty great, especially if you order the same thing over and over since your orders are linked to your phone # in their system Just say you'll have the same thing as last time and you're done.

I literally can't do phone orders for takeout... hearing loss. 

#65 Shack

Shack
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

I literally can't do phone orders for takeout... hearing loss. 

Ah, gotcha. Never thought of that. ****, they should just be on Skip the Dishes, problem solved.

• lanforod likes this

#66 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Ah, gotcha. Never thought of that. ****, they should just be on Skip the Dishes, problem solved.

Staffing for an in-house delivery service AND paying 25% off the top to SKD?  Not happening.  They can have online ordering in-house.  They're just stuck in the 1970s is all.

• Greg and Victoria Watcher like this

#67 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

Along with pretty much every decent Asian restaurant in this town
  • Bob Fugger likes this

#68 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:32 PM

That’s that for Romeo’s. The City of Victoria has bought the shuttered restaurant and will turn the land into a park.

CoV:

The City of Victoria has purchased two adjoining properties on Blanshard Street to create a new downtown park. The approximately 25,000 square foot site at 1703 and 1725-1745 Blanshard Street will introduce green space in a rapidly growing urban area.

“This purchase marks a significant step in the City’s commitment to improving the public, social and outdoor experience of being a Victorian. A new downtown park will boost quality of life for downtown residents and add vibrancy to our core,” said Mayor Marianne Alto. “These properties represent a strategic investment in our community, intentionally aligning with Council's objectives to expand green spaces and recreational facilities for residents and visitors to enjoy.”

The $11-million land purchase was funded by City reserves established for acquiring land for parks and open spaces.

A new downtown park is a priority in the City’s Official Community Plan, the Parks and Open Spaces Master Plan and aligns with a number of strategic priorities in the 2023-2026 City Strategic Plan.

“For several years, the City has been seeking opportunities to increase parks and green spaces in areas experiencing high population growth,” said Deputy City Manager Thomas Soulliere. “This future park will provide a welcoming new open place in the heart of the city for people to play, relax and enjoy nature.”

The new park will be accessible to all ages and abilities and will provide valuable green space, new trees and space for recreation and community enjoyment. The specific timing of the park development project will be determined in the coming year.

Attachment: Map showing two adjoining properties on Blanshard Street in Victoria that will be transformed by the City into a new downtown park.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#69 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:38 PM

^ The map shows the middle property not being acquired by the City. It appears to be 1709 Blanchard.

• aastra likes this

#70 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:39 PM

Either a smart move, or not. Hard to say how the future potential of this site will be impacted.

IMG_3104.jpeg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#71 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:41 PM

A less appropriate site for a park likely doesn't exist in the city.
  • m3m likes this

#72 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:51 PM

Either a smart move, or not. Hard to say how the future potential of this site will be impacted.

What's the big deal? Just wait a few years and then blow another $11 million to acquire that fragment. If the CoV plays its cards right methinks this new park could easily end up costing well north of $30 million when all is said and done. This site has some amazing potential to generate longstanding controversy, for sure.

• Nparker likes this

#73 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:58 PM

The middle parcel is the Bayanihan Philipino community centre.

Anyway, this a will be another great park to pitch a tent.

#74 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:59 PM

^ The map shows the middle property not being acquired by the City. It appears to be 1709 Blanchard.

Remind me, wasn't lot consolidation a hot-button issue recently re: some other project? I'm sure our noble city councilors are stewing about it right now re: this park plan. Lot consolidation is very important, lest we forget.

• Nparker likes this

#75 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:53 PM

Yes, at the Committee of the Whole last week, a councillor proposed a narrowly defeated motion to nix a project at 937 View that was perceived to be orphaning a lot at 930 Fort.

The City had spent years denying proposals on joint 937 View and 930 Fort, which created the split into two separate development parcels.

Now the City says 930 is being orphaned by 937 View, but the owners of 930 Fort disagree, and have begun assembling land along Fort Street.

Not sure what to make of it all, but clearly, when it’s the City’s own pursuit, there appears to be no issue with an orphaned lot scenario (literally, in this case).
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#76 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:57 PM

I think the CoV is pretty consistent regarding its inconsistency.

#77 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:00 PM

True that.

Know it all.

#78 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:23 PM

That’s that for Romeo’s. The City of Victoria has bought the shuttered restaurant and will turn the land into a park.

Good Lord, a park along one of the busiest sections of Blanshard for people trying to make their way in and out of the city as kids run to make the light  who are going or coming from the park ... What could go wrong?

These people have lost all sense of reality.

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#79 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:26 PM

...These people have lost all sense of reality.

To be fair, 2/3 of CoV council have never had any sense of reality.

Edited by Nparker, 18 January 2024 - 04:27 PM.

• DavidSchell likes this

#80 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for that dose of reality.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users