Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) news and issues

• Please log in to reply
1934 replies to this topic

#761 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 05:26 PM

Again, Let us not brush over the shock of what just transpired. It is a betrayal at the deepest level. My neighbour is a nurse and did not want to get the experimental treatment. She even went to a few rallies. She summited in the end to keep her job. Of which she did just fine up to that point... I know other health care workers that simply left on their own accord...

Roughly 1,650 unvaccinated Alberta Health Services employees placed on unpaid leave

https://calgary.ctvn...leave-1.5708165

From front line heroes to that in a short span will have it's effect. I'm sure many also didn't enjoy the degree of censorship and authoritarianism in regards to treatments etc. 

Not to mention "unpaid leave" is illegal. 

#762 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 05:27 PM

I personally know 2 nurses who were fired due to covax non compliance. Both lost their licenses to practice privately as well.

#763 JohnN

JohnN
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:43 PM

Ontario: Burned out, closing practices: Family doctors warn health-care situation will likely get worse

Ottawa Citizen, June 5.

“I never envisioned this. I always expected I would be the doctor who would retire with patients I had known for 35 years. To get to the point where I am willing to walk away, that is a really big deal. It is a huge deal.”

• Nparker and Barrrister like this
:)

#764 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,062 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 05:26 AM

Post about Dr. Bonnie Henry's lottery win taken down after negative tweets

A Twitter post from the Victoria Hospitals Foundation included a photograph of Dr. Bonnie Henry wearing a bike helmet with the e-bikes.

Who thought the post would be a good idea?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 June 2022 - 05:41 AM.

#765 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 06:14 AM

“ One commentator called it a public relations failure to post about a polarizing figure, but Brohman said the reaction to Henry “was unlike anything I’ve seen before.”
You don’t hate people for two years in a disguise of an old auntie for free…

Dismissing the reaction to “hate” and painting her a victim is ridiculous. Even without the insanity of the last two years that’s an obvious “let them eat cake” PR mistake. Give the bikes away, do another draw, donate another two bikes to make it four… so many better options that would be in touch with reality.

#766 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 06:17 AM

She makes $380,000 per year.   If she wants to donate some of that taxpayer money back, just make a standard donation or enter the draw in a family members name(s).  So stupid on the part of all parties.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 June 2022 - 06:18 AM.

• dasmo likes this

#767 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:38 AM

She makes $380,000 per year.   If she wants to donate some of that taxpayer money back, just make a standard donation or enter the draw in a family members name(s).  So stupid on the part of all parties.

Actually we don't know how much she has made since the Government has redacted her salary and expenses these past two years. Either way, this is the same as the CEO of a company winning the company raffle at the annual party. Common sense is that you don't put your name in the hat or you give the prize back. Accepting the prize and posting pictures is just dumb and reflects a sense of tone deafness.

Blaming the criticism on her being female is counter-productive and insulting to women.

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#768 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:56 AM

Actually we don't know how much she has made since the Government has redacted her salary and expenses these past two years. Either way, this is the same as the CEO of a company winning the company raffle at the annual party. Common sense is that you don't put your name in the hat or you give the prize back. Accepting the prize and posting pictures is just dumb and reflects a sense of tone deafness.

Blaming the criticism on her being female is counter-productive and insulting to women.

They couldn't blame race since she is a blonde.  :banana:

Edited by dasmo, 07 June 2022 - 01:06 PM.

#769 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 01:05 PM

It’s also not much of a news story: a tweet was taken down.

#770 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 02:52 PM

^ It's still on their Facebook page.

Bonnie.PNG

#771 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 02:54 PM

Tone deaf indeed.

#772 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 02:58 PM

Lots of people feel she killed hundreds of British Columbians. Not a great move to highlight her.

#773 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 03:14 PM

Is this lottery really as random as it is purported to be? That’s an incredible coincidence. Statistically speaking extremely unlikely, unless Dr. Henry purchased thousands of dollars worth of entries, which she very well may have.

Like, if you’re wealthy, would you gamble with $5,000 to potentially win an $80,000 price? Quite possibly.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#774 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 03:24 PM

....Give the bikes away, do another draw, donate another two bikes to make it four… so many better options...

This.

#775 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 04:06 PM

Is this lottery really as random as it is purported to be? That’s an incredible coincidence. Statistically speaking extremely unlikely, unless Dr. Henry purchased thousands of dollars worth of entries, which she very well may have.

Like, if you’re wealthy, would you gamble with $5,000 to potentially win an $80,000 price? Quite possibly.

• Mike K. likes this

#776 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 04:21 PM

Also I am surprised with all the money that was burned over the last two years they couldn't find $10million for some hospital equipment? This has to be raised by a raffle? Take it out of the museum budget.... 

• Barrrister likes this

#777 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 08:12 AM

Also I am surprised with all the money that was burned over the last two years they couldn't find $10million for some hospital equipment? This has to be raised by a raffle? Take it out of the museum budget....

No point using Government money when the public will pay.

#778 JohnN

JohnN
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 05:04 PM

Physician shortage limits access to abortion on Island: doctor

Though many abortion providers are unlisted to avoid harassment and stigma, they are often still available in rural areas — patients just need a point of contact with the health-care system to find one.

A recent leak of U.S. Supreme Court documents detailing plans to overturn Roe v. Wade prompted B.C. Green Party Leader Sonia Furstenau to ask the premier during question period in the B.C. legislature May 19 about improving abortion access across the province.

:)

#779 JimV

JimV
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:23 PM

^Like killing fetuses is the biggest medical problem we have in BC.  Sonia needs to wake up, and I don’t mean woke.

#780 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:34 PM

^Like killing fetuses is the biggest medical problem we have in BC.  Sonia needs to wake up, and I don’t mean woke.

Despite the fact that not a single leader of a major political party in Canada is advocating for more restrictions on abortions, we have an unending parade of politicians who want to score political points on the matter.

Edited by spanky123, 08 June 2022 - 06:34 PM.

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users