BUILT
The Jukebox
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1029 View Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 9
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Jukebox is a nine-storey, mixed-use condominium residence along the 1000-block of View Street in downtown ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Jukebox on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Jukebox | Condos; commercial | 9-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
978 replies to this topic

#741 Chunny

Chunny
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

Just in from my appointment at the site. In a word, impressive. Will post a few pics. To start they are pushing for late April. Exterior cladding is behind but they are promising to be on schedule. Interior finishing is happening from bottom to top. My two units in the 3rd are essentially done. Cabinets, flooring and appliances are in. Building looks very nice.

That's very, very good news - so glad to hear that it impressed you. I was hoping for quality work based on what I have seen from their previous projects. Can't wait to see pictures.

#742 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

Here's a few pics from the building and #333 a 517 sq ft 1 bedroom.

Jukebox 1.jpg

Jukebox 2.jpg

Jukebox 333 1.jpg

Jukebox 333 2.jpg

Jukebox 333 3.jpg

Edited by MikeF4, 28 February 2019 - 05:57 PM.

• Rob Randall, jonny and Chunny like this

#743 Chunny

Chunny
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

The actual looks exactly like the artist rendition - love it! Does the bathroom look cramped? I bet the unit will be very bright with the floor to ceiling window! Did that look impressive?

I wonder what retail stores will be joining the bottom floor.

Edited by Chunny, 28 February 2019 - 06:28 PM.

#744 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

The actual looks exactly like the artist rendition - love it! Does the bathroom look cramped? I bet the unit will be very bright with the floor to ceiling window! Did that look impressive?

I wonder what retail stores will be joining the bottom floor.

The pics were taken about 3:45 pm on a pretty bright day and my unit faces north. I was pleasantly surprised at how much natural light there was. Good sized bathroom with a large shower, no tub. They hadn't installed the glass yet. This unit does not have a balcony so I can't quite remember if the window is actually full height. They are large though because of the high ceiling height. It gives the units a more spacious feel. 

#745 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Nice!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#746 Chunny

Chunny
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

The pics were taken about 3:45 pm on a pretty bright day and my unit faces north. I was pleasantly surprised at how much natural light there was. Good sized bathroom with a large shower, no tub. They hadn't installed the glass yet. This unit does not have a balcony so I can't quite remember if the window is actually full height. They are large though because of the high ceiling height. It gives the units a more spacious feel.

For comparison, here's what's on Jukebox's website:

interior2.jpg

& the window ~

oIHbmUk.jpg

#747 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

Here are some pics from #335, my other unit. A 540 sq. ft 1 bedroom on the NW corner of the building. You can see the window in the last photo. Pocket doors look very nice in frosted glass. Cabinets and handles very sleek looking too. Appliances are also nice looking and a step up from basic builder grade. Even the light switches and power receptacles look cool.

Jukebox 335 1.jpg

Jukebox 335 2.jpg

Jukebox 335 3.jpg

Jukebox 335 4.jpg

Jukebox 335 5.jpg

Jukebox 335 6.jpg

• Victoria Guy and Chunny like this

#748 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

Classic Mosaic properties: attention to detail. Choosing materials that don't necessarily cost a lot more but they look great and last a long time. Reminds me that the original Mosaic Building is having its 20th anniversary later this year. It's still a good looking building inside and out.

#749 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:26 PM

Maybe it's just me but I feel like the exposed pipes contrast pretty poorly with the rest of the decor... it gives a warehousy ambiance.

#750 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,236 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:44 AM

There is an echo of The Reef in these units, as it looked when it first opened 14 years ago. Very similar approach to the sprinkler system, track lighting, kitchen cupboards. Same architect...does anyone know?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#751 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,086 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

very nice. ya that exposed systems (vents wires etc.) is fine with people now.  those light-up unit numbers are interesting.

#752 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:12 AM

Although these interiors are not my taste, I can certainly see how they would appeal to lots of folks. My biggest concern with the exposed ducts (etc.) is all the surfaces that will need constant dusting. This alone would make me choose a more traditional unit.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#753 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:12 AM

There is an echo of The Reef in these units, as it looked when it first opened 14 years ago. Very similar approach to the sprinkler system, track lighting, kitchen cupboards. Same architect...does anyone know?

Yes, Jan Zak has been designing their buildings for 20 years. Mosiac, Jigsaw, Mosaic Portland, Reef, Jukebox, Ventana and others. I believe he is semi-retired in Mexico for quite some time so there is a local architectural firm that is actually the architect of record.

• Hotel Mike and Victoria Watcher like this

#754 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

Although these interiors are not my taste, I can certainly see how they would appeal to lots of folks. My biggest concern with the exposed ducts (etc.) is all the surfaces that will need constant dusting. This alone would make me choose a more traditional unit.

Eh, you get up there once a year with a damp rag. No biggie, especially when your entire household is sub-500 sq. ft.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#755 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:22 AM

I like the look. Its vaguely sci Fi ish. But for some reason I feel like my wife and maybe most women wouldn't like it

#756 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:26 AM

Eh, you get up there once a year with a damp rag...

Once a year? :eek: Clearly you can live with a lot more dust than I can.

#757 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,086 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

Eh, you get up there once a year with a damp rag. No biggie, especially when your entire household is sub-500 sq. ft.

is there a roomba/drone?

• Nparker likes this

#758 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

I had forgotten about the backlit stencils that identify each suite. You can have some fun with that :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#759 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,086 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

too bad fire department requires boring back up digits.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 01 March 2019 - 06:08 PM.

#760 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:43 PM

Just awful.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users