Photo

[Downtown Victoria] View/Vancouver condos | 14-storeys | Canceled

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#81 Marilyn

Marilyn
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

This project is listed on the Vibrant Victoria home page as a new project, today May 18. I'm assuming that it is still "a go."

I'm wondering if the entire area from View Towers east to Vancouver is going to be developed. This would eliminate the Bottle Depot, a very busy spot in my neighbourhood creating a parade of wide-load shopping baskets, baby carriages, strollers, bike trailers, garbage bags filled with empties. On the rare days that the bottle depot is closed, I have seen grown men cry.

#82 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Per info on the Colliers website, the land price has been reduced to $5.8 million.

#83 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Its been for sale for $5.8 million for the last 6 months, and given the current real estate market slide, it will be a long time before it sells.

#84 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

We may see action on this project sooner rather than later I am told.

#85 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

is this the right thead for this?

Undeveloped downtown lot back on the market
By Andrew A. Duffy, Times Colonist
April 30, 2009

A swath of undeveloped land in the Harris Green neighbourhood of downtown Victoria is back on the market this week, following what appears to have been a series of legal proceedings.

Colliers International has listed 1029 View St. -- 29,000 square-feet of vacant space at the corner of View and Vancouver streets -- for sale at $4.699 million.

[...]

http://www.timescolo...8357/story.html

#86 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

This project is unlikely to go ahead at 10-storeys (using the old Harris Green zoning). The prior rezoning attempts were for 14-storeys and they were having a difficult time getting through council. With the current slate it would be even more difficult to get something passed through council.

This was the last design prior to the cancellation of the project:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#87 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Any recent news on this one?

#88 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

I was under the impression it's still two separate lots--the View one which is larger and the Vancouver frontage. I only see a for sale sign on the big View St. lot which is not worth much without the valuable high-profile corner. Likewise, the small lot is virtually worthless without the big lot beside it.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#89 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

The big View lot had some drilling activity a few days ago. Some barrels are there now so I suppose it was soil testing or remediation.

Here's an image taken from the "Old Victoria BC" page on Facebook showing a cabaret that used to be on the site.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#90 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

The latest concept for this property is discussed here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#91 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

We may see action on this project sooner rather than later I am told.

There...that didn't take toooo long. This hole is the same project yes/no?

I wonder how much was left of the swamp down there?

IMG_4326.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users