8292 replies to this topic

#3061 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Sports Traders to vacate Discovery Street location

http://victoria.citi...treet-location/

After decades of operations out of its Rock Bay retail location, local sporting goods retailer, Sports Traders, plans to vacate its premises at 508 Discovery Street.

The 23,723 square foot retail unit has been put up for lease and is available "immediately" at a monthly rent of $17,500 plus monthly operating costs of $6,936, according to commercial real-estate brokerage Cushman Wakefield. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3062 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Sitka is moving .

There new location is being a kept a secret  only hint given is that it will be on Government street,

They are moving to a smaller location.

I think it will be in the Old Canadian Pacific building

This will be about their 5th move since they first came on the scene

#3063 Jayson Brown

Jayson Brown
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

The whole clothing and café was too hipster for me. PS Whatever happened to Steamers? That was a decade I don’t remember!

#3064 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

And that's why I saw the Citified Sonic outside Sports Traders at 3pm. I thought you were just free parking hopping.
  • lanforod likes this

#3065 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

The whole clothing and café was too hipster for me. PS Whatever happened to Steamers? That was a decade I don’t remember!

Steamers closed in 2007, so yeah, you've missed about a decade...

#3066 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

And that's why I saw the Citified Sonic outside Sports Traders at 3pm. I thought you were just free parking hopping.

Yup, on the case!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3067 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

Steamers closed in 2007, so yeah, you've missed about a decade...

Steamers?  Now That is recent history it was the Kings Hotel for a few decades before steamers

#3068 GabriolaGirl

GabriolaGirl
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:43 AM

I noticed that Maven's on Herald is closing.  Didn't she have a Go Fund last year to pay her rent? 

Anytime we're in Victoria we go down Herald St, not once have I ever come across the shop being open.

#3069 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Hmm. I thought she was just having a sale?

Know it all.

#3070 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

We are CLOSING up shop, our last day will be November 14, 2015! Until then everything is 50%OFF!!! New items still being put out daily!!! Come say "HI!" to us and "Goodbye" to the shop! Ashley will continue doing alterations out of her home/mobile.

https://www.facebook...96125757257141/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3071 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

Sitka is moving .

There new location is being a kept a secret  only hint given is that it will be on Government street,

They are moving to a smaller location.

I think it will be in the Old Canadian Pacific building

This will be about their 5th move since they first came on the scene

Not sure which one the Old CP building is. My money is on this recently renovated building on Gov't just North of Broughton. Street view

#3072 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

Hmm, not a bad guess.

Know it all.

#3073 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Probaby not that one they are definately looking for a smaller floor space not larger.

The the store front in the old CP is much smaller and on a good corner with lots of closeby street parking and the parkade unlike the one mentioned which is mid-block with no street parking out front or on the side

Edited by HB, 29 October 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#3074 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:30 PM

I hope Phillips takes over the Sports Trader store. Big brick warehouse will be a nice tasting room and production spot for their distillery biz.

• Rob Randall, Matt R. and thundergun like this

#3075 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

Probaby not that one they are definately looking for a smaller floor space not larger.

The the store front in the old CP is much smaller and on a good corner with lots of closeby street parking and the parkade unlike the one mentioned which is mid-block with no street parking out front or on the side

That one would be my guess too.

Edited by ZGsta, 02 November 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#3076 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

I thought Sitka was moving to the small space beside W&J Wilson on Government next to trounce alley.

#3077 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

Wow. Major downsize.

Know it all.

#3078 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:29 AM

Ive asked them but their staff has been instructed not to tell

Where did you here about that location as their new spot?

#3079 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

Is that positive customer service, to not tell customers where you are moving to?

Seriously, some people in this town think that competitors are just jumping to get the edge on one another, and letting the new location out, in this case, would be bad for business.  Far from my observations.

• Jill likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3080 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

Move by Sitka to the space beside W & J has been confirmed, and the space formerly occupied by Starbucks in the P.L. James building has been leased.

Retailers see opportunity along Victoria's "golden mile"

http://victoria.citi...as-golden-mile/

Vacant storefronts at the nexus of Government Street and Trounce Alley will be buzzing with activity once more following a sudden leasing mini-boom along Victoria's "golden mile" of shopping.

Sitka Clothing, currently located in the former Steamer's Pub space in the 500-block of Yates Street, will be vacating its premises this month and moving to a newly created retail space adjacent to W & J Wilson clothiers on Government Street at Trounce Alley. Sitka will also occupy storage and office space situated below ground next to WolfSheep Arthouse. The store is expected to be opened at the new location by late November. [Full article]

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

m3m, phx