• Please log in to reply
8265 replies to this topic

#5401 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

All Mac's are being rebranded to Circle K
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5402 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,327 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

All Mac's are being rebranded to Circle K

ya announced a couple years ago.  it's just a retirement of the mac's name.  no other significant change.  

#5403 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

This is the same exercise we were discussing mid-May.  Circle indeed.

#5404 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

All I was doing was pointing out that it was no surprise about a rebranding.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5405 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

All I was doing was pointing out that it was no surprise about a rebranding.

I suppose nothing overly strange is actually afoot at Couche-Tard.

#5406 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

The kids’ clothing retailer Carters / OshKosh will be opening a new location soon at Hillside Mall.

#5407 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:58 AM

I am really dismayed at Thriftys lately. Every time I go in there, they've stopped carrying something else I regularly buy. We were talking to one of the stock guys yesterday after I discovered they'd stopped carrying my favorite chocolate milk. He seemed very frustrated as well as they were getting lots of complaints. Thriftys also seems to be going in for large containers of everything, which we definitely do not want. We bought a large container of orange juice in a plastic bottle and before we could drink it all, it had fermented. Also no room in the fridge for all these large things. They are no longer catering to couples or single people it seems.

#5408 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:04 AM

...Thriftys ...are no longer catering to couples or single people it seems.

It's very difficult to find any grocery retailer who thinks of single people. As someone who has spent a good deal of his adult life shopping for one, I have just come to accept this as fact. :(

#5409 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,327 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

the sports merch store in the bay centre (and a 2nd location) is for sale.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

#5410 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Second location is Westshore town centre

#5411 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

Cruising around VicMap and noticed that the old Audi dealership at the corner of Yates/Cook has a building permit on hold to turn the site into a Dollarama. Anyone hear anything on this front?

dollarama.jpg

#5412 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

For a while the GAIN group that owns the Audi franchise and just about every other European car, was using the lot to store Porsche Cayennes and Macans. Last time I went by, someone was stripping an old Volvo 1800 inside. I would hate to see some sort of cheesy Dollarama there. But I'm sure it would only be temporary, until a major development proposal for the property surfaces.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#5413 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Whoa! That’s huge news. Dollarama has to shutter its space on Douglas, and for a time the company had planned to assume the former Staples space (now becoming a bookstore).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5414 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Cruising around VicMap and noticed that the old Audi dealership at the corner of Yates/Cook has a building permit on hold to turn the site into a Dollarama. Anyone hear anything on this front?

No additional details, but based on the permit number the application was made between December 6-10 of last year.

#5415 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

Whoa! That’s huge news. Dollarama has to shutter its space on Douglas, and for a time the company had planned to assume the former Staples space (now becoming a bookstore).

Wasn't that Dollar Tree on Douglas? I don't recall a Dollarama any closer than the one across from Mayfair.

#5416 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

The Douglas Street store started out as a BC-owned Dollar Giant then it was bought by Dollar Tree, a U.S. corporation.

Dollarama is a Canadian company.

#5417 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:47 PM

I would hate to see some sort of cheesy Dollarama there.

Pretty sure it would have to be a luxurious high-end dollar store, seeing as how Harris Green is an unaffordable district full of rich people and luxury condos.

• Nparker and Bob Fugger like this

#5418 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:06 PM

Dollar Tree! That’s it. Great Canadian Dollar Store has been trucking along for decades at the Bay Centre.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5419 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

An update here, the City's BP is incorrect. There is no Dollarama coming to the former Audi dealership. They were in negotiations some time back, but that went nowhere. In the meantime I guess someone had applied for a BP associated to Dollarama.

Know it all.

#5420 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

An update here, the City's BP is incorrect. There is no Dollarama coming to the former Audi dealership. They were in negotiations some time back, but that went nowhere. In the meantime I guess someone had applied for a BP associated to Dollarama.

Thanks for the update Mike, do you know if GAIN essentially intends to lease the space out to a different retailer?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

dasmo