BUILT
The Mondrian
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1090 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 10
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Mondrian is a 93 unit condo with ground floor retail space. Designed to appear like a Mondrian-inspired pa... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Mondrian on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Mondrian | Condos | 10 storeys | Built - completed in 2013

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#421 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

is there a tray that needs to be emptied after every load or does the condensed water go down a drain?

Down the same drain as the wash water.

http://www.ehow.com/...ryer-work_.html
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#422 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

The washer dryer is pretty neat. You just have to put in smaller loads if you want it to dry properly for the setting I use that washes and dries in 1 hour. I know for myself I just had clothing on a drying rack because they were clothes that couldn't be put in the dryer.

Welcome to the forum!

ShiriG, if you have an opportunity to buy an extended warranty on that machine, I'd buy it. Those units are very new, and will be VERY expensive to service after the standard warranty expires.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#423 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

The washer dryer is pretty neat. You just have to put in smaller loads if you want it to dry properly for the setting I use that washes and dries in 1 hour. I know for myself I just had clothing on a drying rack because they were clothes that couldn't be put in the dryer.

I assume you are living at the Mondrian? How do you like the building so far?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#424 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

Welcome to the forum!

ShiriG, if you have an opportunity to buy an extended warranty on that machine, I'd buy it. Those units are very new, and will be VERY expensive to service after the standard warranty expires.

Might be just cheaper to buy a new unit down the road if it does break down?

#425 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Might be just cheaper to buy a new unit down the road if it does break down?

Might be true too. Right now they are around $1500 though. A 5-year full extended warranty might cost $200 or $250. I guess it depends when it breaks. But labour is only covered for one or two years with standard warranty. I'm not an extended warranty fan, I used to sell appliances and knew there were a gain for the company, but not in every case.

#426 ShiriG

ShiriG
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, I love this forum, it was super helpful! I will look into the extended warranty.

MarkoJ, its the first place I've bought and first condo I've lived in so I don't have much to compare it to but I'm loving it so far!

#427 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Welcome to VV, Shiri. Any chance you could snap some photos from your unit? It's always interesting to see what people can see from apartments throughout the city. No pressure of course :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#428 ShiriG

ShiriG
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Mike :) Here are some pictures from the balcony (4th floor). Sorry about the quality, I took them from the smartphone.

#429 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Nice view even from the 4th.

#430 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Agreed, that's not bad for the fourth floor. At most other downtown buildings you'd be looking at ...other buildings from that height.

Thanks, ShiriG!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#431 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

what's the fsr for this building?

#432 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I would guess 4:1, I could go look it up but it would be close to that. Most of the building is quite setback and it is not very tall. Maybe 3.2:1

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#433 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

August 18th, 2013. My final batch for the Mondrian.

#434 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

And that's that.

#435 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

De Hoog/Keirulf have done a few "stand alone" buildings now and I think they're good at designing buildings that don't have a "bad" side. You know, the awkward-looking blank side that's never seen in the glossy renderings. This building must have been a challenge as the massing and height was pretty much maxed out meaning all they had to work with was a big cube. Even the parking entrance--in some projects a horrible gaping maw--is clean and simple. Can't wait to see ground floor activity.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#436 gkz

gkz
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Any bets on how long until the first retail space is occupied? It looks like they are having trouble selling/leasing them.

#437 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Edited by HB, 14 November 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#438 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I would bet that it fills before 601 Herald but I could be wrong...

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#439 Urbanistco

Urbanistco
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

holy panel reveals batman! :)

#440 cocity

cocity
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

I think that the exterior of this building is really well done. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looks. I would say that it has better street level design than most new condo developments (i.e the 834, Corazon, among others). With the two story podium and the setback for higher levels it seems as if the building could have comfortably been a few stories higher. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users