GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Wsor9c0-q-I

#82 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

I was at the game tonight in the blue section 101 behind the away penalty box. I was personally happy to sit in what many would call the 'rowdy 'section, although I could see others taking issue with the young excitement. They spent a lot of time mocking the 'red section' of season ticket holders who were very quiet and cross armed the whole game. I also thought it was VERY bad taste the intermission flying blimp spent 100% of the time dropping tickets over the club seats... WTF!!!! And also they need a video screen to show the very impressive moves the Royals scored on 2 out of 5 goals.

Overall the team was outplayed but thanks to a couple extremely choice moves we pulled off the win. The ticket booth for future ticket single games was packed throughout. In the the short term the team is safe. I just wish that, and this is a personal and perhaps unfounded issue, the season tickets holders went because they liked hockey, not because it was the 'in thing' and 'great ticket' to have, in an otherwise pathetic sports and entertainment environment in Victoria.

#83 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

The game was great and there was lots of energy. It sounds like season ticket sales have been a huge success so we will likely be guaranteed very good attendance for the year.

Most new teams in Victoria do well for a season or two. We have had a couple of recessions over the past 10 years and we might be heading towards a third now so I think that the economic uncertainty wears on people and it is hard to get them to continue to support teams once the novelty has worn off.

#84 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 436 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

How is it affecting the Grizzlies attendance?

#85 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

How is it affecting the Grizzlies attendance?

I'd say negatively.

http://www.bchl.ca/l...3&clientID=1413
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#86 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Last year the Griz averaged 1260 per game, in 2009/10 it was 1412. So the 1148 in one game is not a significant change. With more games we will see how they do.

Meanwhile in Chilliwack, the recently moved Chiefs had a very good home opener in the BCHL.

On a unrelated point - the play by play of the Royals game on the radio was not very good. One guy, no colourman which means no banter, and no between period background interviews and such.

#87 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

SPECTACULAR game on Friday night. I missed the Thursday one but the Friday game was just like the opener. When the team is really into the game they are physical, mouthy, fast and fun to watch. They really care about not only getting the last goal, but the last hit, and the last word. $16 for corner seats to watch a real superstar, Emerson Etem, was a steal. I hope people keep supporting them. 5935 attendance... would have been nice to see a sellout again because the quality of entertainment was again brilliant.

#88 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Last year the Griz averaged 1260 per game, in 2009/10 it was 1412. So the 1148 in one game is not a significant change. With more games we will see how they do.

After three games at Bear Mtn., the average attendance is 984. If it stays roughly the same they've been losing a couple of hundred fans per season. At least they won last night.

#89 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

After three games at Bear Mtn., the average attendance is 984. If it stays roughly the same they've been losing a couple of hundred fans per season. At least they won last night.

I hope there is no drop. It would be a shame.

#90 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

Does anyone know if young kids are the same price as adults, I can't find anything on that on the Ticket site that states otherwise?.

#91 Number Six

Number Six
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

This page shows children's tickets priced at $9 each.

#92 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

I went to he game Friday with a couple of buddies and I must say it was very good! I will definitely go back.

SOFMC is a wonderful little arena, but more than once I found myself looking for the video scoreboard. RG Properties needs to make it happen. Frankly, it's more than a little surprising that such a modern facility that was built only a few years ago does not have LED scoreboards.

#93 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

The video screen is here, hopefully getting ready to be installed soon.

7006 at the game last night, another full house.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#94 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

The video screen is here, hopefully getting ready to be installed soon.

7006 at the game last night, another full house.

From where did the info on video screen come? It would really make attending games much more fun if it finally shows up.

#95 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

From where did the info on video screen come? It would really make attending games much more fun if it finally shows up.

It came from Chilliwack with the team, but they can't hook it up to our existing scoreboard, would be too low.

64xx at the rink last night.

#96 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

It came from Chilliwack with the team, but they can't hook it up to our existing scoreboard, would be too low.

64xx at the rink last night.

So does that mean they are not installing it or that they need to replace the existing scoreboard first?

#97 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

So does that mean they are not installing it or that they need to replace the existing scoreboard first?

They are looking at installing it on a wall. There are some big areas in each corner.

The last game of 2011 is tonight, and it is going to be sold out.

#98 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

I have tickets, but I have to remember to bring a teddy bear to toss on the ice.

#99 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Good game, lots of scoring, 8-4 for the Royals, 7006 tickets sold, 50/50 prize was $3,800.

#100 Number Six

Number Six
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

Someone on Twitter is saying that the video scoreboard was installed at SOF earlier today and that it is "massive". Anyone else heard anything about this?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users