BC Transit (Victoria Regional Transit System) news and issues

• Please log in to reply
9629 replies to this topic

#5141 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Oh and obviously I rarely look for spelling errors because my disability prevents me from seeing them. the disability is that i dont proof read very often and the spell check "corrects " words that I spell wrong and the corrections are usually some other word

#5142 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

If it makes you feel better I don't know anyone brave or dumb enough to bike in them so in reality they are bus only.

So if cyclists are not going to use those lanes, which lane will they use?

Police will begin issuing $109 tickets next week to drivers who misuse bus-and-bike priority lanes on Douglas Street — a fine set to be enforceable 24 hours a day beginning in the spring.

http://www.timescolo...st-you-1.241050

#5143 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:26 AM

So if cyclists are not going to use those lanes, which lane will they use?

On Douglas?  None.  If you want to bike safely north-south you take the Goose or Vancouver, or the Oak backroad route that ends at Bay (slow as heck though).

Blanshard is ok for some people but too scary for most.  Speeds are too high.

#5144 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

What you do not know is that I do not have small feminine fingers...

Come on. You're too modest.

#5145 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

BC Transit

#5146 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

The 24/7 rule is only southbound from Tolmie to hillside at first.

Where does this information com from?  Today's print media does not make it out this way.

• jonny likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5147 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

Where does this information com from?  Today's print media does not make it out this way.

I got it straight from Transit but actually I posted incorrectly.  Will be 24/7 for all both directions from Tolmie to Hillside.  So Hillside-Herald/Fisgard, the parking stays for now.

In the short term this means Tolmie to Hillside in both directions.  Medium term, it would include the MOT portion northbound from Tolmie to the "Burnside bridge" on the TCH.  Beyond Uptown the lane will be a shoulder lane on the highway.  There's no room for this type of shoulder on that little bridge though so the lanes end there.  I don't know if they pick back up on the other side but it may be moot as further up the interchange includes some infra that only a bus would use anyways (at least westbound).  

No funding yet for anything southbound from this bridge to Tolmie, and I have no idea how this all fits with Battleford right there, unless the TCH is going to get really close to the Goose.

I wouldn't be surprised if they focus on expanding the north section and then look at possibly switching the south of Hillside sections to 24/7.

#5148 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

On Douglas?  None.  If you want to bike safely north-south you take the Goose or Vancouver, 

Nice to hear that you now think Vancouver is the preferred route over Cook Street.  :thumbsup:

#5149 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:42 AM

I'm really tired of hearing about chumps like this. Can't he take up gardening instead? It's a boys' league with teenage refs f'chrissake.

B.C. Transit CEO Manuel Achadinha has been suspended for a year from coaching his son’s soccer team and attending any B.C. Soccer games after his anger at a 16-year-old referee escalated to physical contact.

Achadinha was coaching his son’s Lakehill Soccer Association under-14 team as they played against Saanich Fusion at Lochside Turf when he confronted the referee at the end of the game.

He wanted to know why the referee hadn’t called fouls against Fusion players and demonstrated the offending behaviour with his arm, making contact with the referee, said Vince Greco, president of the Vancouver Island Soccer League.

Achadinha became “too heated” during the conversation and “ended up crossing a line, obviously, when he touched the official,” Greco said.

http://vancouversun....h-with-teen-ref

#5150 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

I am pretty sure he wouldnt have acted like that at a transit board meeting or in public. That has been a common occurrence at hockey games and other sports, where parents would go and physically or verbally attack a ref, another parent or another player.

• Nparker likes this

#5151 CriticalMass

CriticalMass
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

Once a bully always a bully.

I have heard from a soccer mum that her son wanted to quit soccer because the coach (MA) would yell and scream at the kids from the sidelines. It was just not fun for him.

I find the response from the ministry lame as well.

The CEO was not at work so it's not a problem.

The CEO represents bc transit 24/7 in all his actions.
  • tedward likes this

#5152 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Once a bully always a bully.

I have heard from a soccer mum that her son wanted to quit soccer because the coach (MA) would yell and scream at the kids from the sidelines. It was just not fun for him.

I find the response from the ministry lame as well.

The CEO was not at work so it's not a problem.

The CEO represents bc transit 24/7 in all his actions.

Ya, like if he only beats his wife at home, and not at the office, that's OK.

• Rob Randall likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5153 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

BCT ran on a Sunday service level on Friday.  So they abandoned their late-night service.    That seems odd, since late-night service is supposed to be for those that enjoy the nightlife or have to work in the nightlife spots.  All which were not affected by Friday being a holiday.

• tedward likes this

#5154 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:54 AM

When did the #15 stop being a 15X?

#5155 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:15 AM

It's a long shot but I'm gonna say today at 6:54 am right here. 

#5156 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

When it get downtown and becomes what used to be the Esquimalt side of the 6. The other side to UCIC is still an X.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5157 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:21 AM

When it get downtown and becomes what used to be the Esquimalt side of the 6. The other side to UCIC is still an X.

It still makes limited stops on the UVic side, but they dropped the X on all stops and on the bus sign.  And on the online schedule.

#5158 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

See what happens when you go away?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#5159 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

Perhaps it just wasn't necessary, since there was not a corresponding "non-X" like there is with say 27 and 28.  The #71 is an express, with very limited stops and schedule.

Maybe the X was also not jiving with their text-to-phone schedule system etc.

#5160 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

We need a new thread "X-Files - the unsolved mysteries of transit routes" 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users