• Please log in to reply
9629 replies to this topic

#5161 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

Kelowna yesterday:

...A small group of protesters visited Kelowna Council’s Monday meeting calling for movement. Mayor Colin Basran acknowledged them, but noted they cannot do anything but urge both sides to sit down at the bargaining table.

The foreign-owned employer, First Canada, says they “empathize with and apologize to" their customers.

“This is not what we had hoped for when we began bargaining months ago.” said spokesperson Meribeth Burton “First Canada’s bargaining committee is sitting, waiting and ready for the phone call, ready to get back to the table.”

Burton said there is an offer on the table, “very similar” to one recently tentatively accepted by drivers in Langley and New Westminster.

http://www.castanet....s-off-on-strike

BREAKING NEWS: First Canada and ATU reach tentative contract agreement  

First Canada has reached a tentative contract agreement with the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 1722, who have been on strike the past 13 days.

https://www.kelownan...ract_agreement/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5162 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:56 AM

Always First Canada.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5163 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

http://www.metronews...in-halifax.html

Halifax getting in the game of bus only lanes and a grid of protected bike lanes.

#5164 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

BCT this morning signed a deal for real-time bus tracking technology.

• thundergun likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5165 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

BC Transit is working with its provincial and local partners to finalize plans for the implementation of Real Time information technology. Real Time information will allow customers to determine when buses are due to arrive or leave their location via a mobile app, website, or passenger information displays at key exchanges. Communities that are expected to introduce Real Time include Kamloops, Nanaimo, Comox Valley, Squamish, Whistler, Kelowna, and Victoria.

https://bctransit.co...d=1403646856943

#5166 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

This is great. Do we have any idea of when this technology will be fully functional in the CRD?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5167 CriticalMass

CriticalMass
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

Something fully functional in the CRD.

That's a good one.
  • Mike K., lanforod and grantpalin like this

#5168 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:25 AM

Something fully functional in the CRD.

That's a good one.

The gravy train is pretty functional. Not sure if 'fully' though :P.

#5169 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

This is great. Do we have any idea of when this technology will be fully functional in the CRD?

Up to 18 months.

#5170 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

Which is a trial run for installation on the train out to Langford.

#5171 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

You know, we complain about BC Transit but sometimes they do go out of their way to give people a hand.

Today a passenger reported to the operator leaving a package at a Saanich bus stop.  The operator called for the help of a supervisor, who was able to locate the package and meet up with the passenger at their stop downtown to reunite them with the package.

Merry Christmas.

• Mike K., VicHockeyFan, Nparker and 1 other like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5172 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

Amazing!

Know it all.

#5173 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

Brilliant!  BCT is not running their normal Saturday night late-night buses tomorrow.   You know, on the busiest Saturday night of the year, the one day of the year you can not get taxis.  Just freaking brilliant.

#5174 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,785 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

...BCT is not running their normal Saturday night late-night buses tomorrow...

WTF?

#5175 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

Brilliant!  BCT is not running their normal Saturday night late-night buses tomorrow.   You know, on the busiest Saturday night of the year, the one day of the year you can not get taxis.  Just freaking brilliant.

EDIT:  Transit has quickly clarified their previous erroneous statement.  Late night buses will be running.

• Nparker and sebberry like this

#5176 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

EDIT:  Transit has quickly clarified their previous erroneous statement.  Late night buses will be running.

How late is late?

#5177 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

How late is late?

Regular Saturday schedule.

#5178 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

Or just leave after the fireworks are over.

"We will be adding on some extra buses in the downtown core for the First Night celebrations.

So people looking to get home after the fireworks downtown will have some extra buses that they can get on at that time."

The fireworks will end by 9:30pm.

Dyck says Transit will be running its regular Saturday schedule.

http://www.iheartrad...s-eve-1.2301013

#5179 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:15 AM

Regular Saturday schedule.

Transit rides will be free from 6 p.m. until end of service today; buses will be added to downtown routes to handle the expected crowds.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.j40jMwYf.dpuf

#5180 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Looks like some changes to the Uptown Exchange. The #16 and 30/31 are now stopping here as of January 2, 2016.

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users