Robin Kimpton | Victoria Council

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#81 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Win or lose there has been some real positive results due to Robin Kimptons bid for city council. Such as several people have aproached me in need of housing. I have for many years been able to help people over come thier barriers to housing and this election has given more opportunity to do this. Not only in the many rental properties that I manage for Mr. Kimpton but in cooperation with other building owners.

#82 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

I agree with the candidate. This should be for civil discussion of candidates', their position on issues and their track record (If done in a respectful manner).

Also if it is not already understood by members free speech does not apply to privately run spaces such as this. We can and will moderate comments from this point forward that we feel are outside of the parameters that WE deem acceptable.

You know, instead of being the sarcasm police, can you PLEASE end the double and cross posting that the candidate and supporters are guilty of? It's getting on a lot of our nerves.

#83 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

^^^

#84 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

. I have for many years been able to help people over come thier barriers to housing and this election has given more opportunity to do this. .

What are people's "barriers to housing"?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#85 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

What are people's "barriers to housing"?

A barrier to housing is anything that stands in the way of a person aquiring housing. This can be somthing as small as having no identification ( drivers licsence etc. ) or the person is overly shy and does not interview well having a fear of social workers ect. It can be more serious problems such as substance abuse or serious mental health issues. When faced with a homeless person as a prospective tenant we help him or her to identify why they are homeless and what thier barrier is. Quite often we simply help the person by acting as liason to various services in the city or advise them where some employment is available etc. Each person has a unique situation and in some cases we are able to provide emplyment on the spot. I dont claim to be a expert but I have had much success.

#86 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Some I would say are simply "difficult to house" that is, the person is regularly evicted for one reason or another by one landlord after another.
In these cases out side the box methods are needed to overcome the problem. Such as, checking up on the tenant more frequently or involving some of the many social agencies in Victoria such as The Victoria Brain Injury Society or V.I.H.A etc.

#87 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Robin Kimpton houses working families and single persons who do not have any of these barriers. While we do help many to over come thier barriers to housing and employment. That is only a small part of what we do. While Mr. Kimpton does have some difficult to house persons as tenants, it is his position that too many in one place can cause problems and balance is needed. The multi-unit building belonging to Robin Kimpton that I have lived in for years on Grant st. is quiet and peacful.

#88 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

You know, instead of being the sarcasm police, can you PLEASE end the double and cross posting that the candidate and supporters are guilty of? It's getting on a lot of our nerves.

Um yeah that is what I am freakin doing.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#89 Christine Selig

Christine Selig
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

I support Robin Kimpton for city council because Robin and his staff were there for me when I felt like I had no place to turn. I was in an abusive relationship and a new place to live was what I needed to escape.
I had no money for a new place and yet the staff at the hotel took me in and were patient with me until I was able to get the funds needed. In time Robin was able to give me a job and I am so happy now.

#90 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Um yeah that is what I am freakin doing.

That was my third posting on the matter. I was starting to think that it was only my posts that got deleted/edited before the digital ink was dry.

#91 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

I support Robin Kimpton for city council because Robin and his staff were there for me when I felt like I had no place to turn. I was in an abusive relationship and a new place to live was what I needed to escape.
I had no money for a new place and yet the staff at the hotel took me in and were patient with me until I was able to get the funds needed. In time Robin was able to give me a job and I am so happy now.

Hi chrissy. Thanks for supporting Robin in his bid for city council. Everyone at Hotel 760 is happy to have you as part of the team.

#92 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Robin Kimpton seems to be generating a lot of interest on this site.
At 2500 hits and climbing I have to ask, why so many views? I mean really. Not even the candidates for mayor are getting that many views on VV. Can anyone explain this to me?

#93 GMC

GMC
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Robin, I know you and team worked hard during this campaign and have garnered a lot of interest here on VV. As much as Victoria might need you,
I'm sorry to say I don't think they deserve you. Not sure what all those views mean, you might just come from behind and wouldn't that be "the Dean team's" worst nightmare.

#94 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Good luck for tomorrow Robin, I know you and team worked hard during this campaign and have garnered a lot of interest here on VV. As much as Victoria might need you,
I'm sorry to say I don't think they deserve you. Not sure what all those views mean, you might just come from behind and wouldn't that be "the Dean team's" worst nightmare.

Thanks for the support for Robin.
I dont agree that Robin Kimpton on city council would be the Dean Teams "worst" nightmare. I feel it would shake them up for sure. It would keep them honest for sure and send them a message - from the people.

#95 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

Robin Kimpton seems to be generating a lot of interest on this site.
At 2500 hits and climbing I have to ask, why so many views? I mean really. Not even the candidates for mayor are getting that many views on VV. Can anyone explain this to me?

Cross posted in another thread.

#96 GMC

GMC
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for the support for Robin.
I dont agree that Robin Kimpton on city council would be the Dean Teams "worst" nightmare. I feel it would shake them up for sure. It would keep them honest for sure and send them a message - from the people.

That is what I mean Barrett, Robin would not be pushed around by a Mayor who has a reputation as a bully and as you say he would keep them honest. I am not so sure that is they want in City Hall.

#97 GMC

GMC
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

Cross posted in another thread.

I guess the strategy worked then...........:D

#98 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

Well one thing is for sure - it is a sunny day to get out and vote!
Lets send a message to city hall. Vote for change. Consider a vote for Robin Kimpton

#99 Christine Selig

Christine Selig
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

I am a new member of this site. I wanted to join this site in order to show my support for Robin Kimpton. As a result I have come to see that Vibrant Victoria is way cool and I will make it a regular part of my surfing. Good luck today Robin.

#100 RobinKimpton

RobinKimpton
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hey VV thanks for the blog, thanks for providing a platform to express views and get out the message.

Hey Victoria ---- get out there and vote.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)