Photo
- - - - -

Poll: Victoria Council Candidates (early poll [CLOSED])

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Councillors (up to 8) are you voting for (Victoria) (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Councillors (up to 8) are you voting for (Victoria)

1. Marianne Alto (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. Saul Andersen (2 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

3. Christopher Coleman (15 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

4. Shellie Gudgeon (8 votes [5.16%])

Percentage of vote: 5.16%

5. Aaron Hall (20 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

6. Lisa Helps (8 votes [5.16%])

7. Rose Henry (2 votes [1.29%])

8. Lynn Hunter (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

9. Ben Isitt (6 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

10. Robin Kimpton (2 votes [1.29%])

11. Sukhi Lalli (12 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

12. Philippe Lucas (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

13. John Luton (8 votes [5.16%])

14. Pam Madoff (7 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

15. Linda McGrew (8 votes [5.16%])

16. Sean Murray (1 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

17. Charlayne Thornton-Joe (14 votes [9.03%])

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

18. John C. Turner (2 votes [1.29%])

19. Jon Valentine (1 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

20. Geoff Young (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

21. None interest me or can't/won't vote (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

As in a real election, you can choose any number of candidates up to eight.

It would be interesting to run this poll in a few weeks to see if any support shifts.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#2 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

You know, I really wonder how Ben Isitt justifies running for Council. Since he took on Alan Lowe for the mayoralty, he has been invisible in the city best I can tell. I have never seen him at a Council meeting, never found his name associated with any city initiative, never heard his opinions on major issues. So because he has some name recognition, now he's going to get onto Council?

Nice guy. I have absolutely nothing against him. But how about some people who are actually involved in the things going on in Victoria.

#3 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Ben used to be on the old Shoreline Committee at City Hall. He's spoken in front of Council on a handful of occasions, usually against condo development or in favour of affordable housing. He will put up some decent numbers as he has a lot of support in leftist circles but not enough to oust an incumbent. Besides, I don't think there's room in Council chambers for Isitt and Philippe Lucas.

#4 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

He's spoken in front of Council on a handful of occasions, usually against condo development or in favour of affordable housing.

In the same breath, no doubt...

#5 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ben's most famous moment, the 2008 fight over the Spencer Road Interchange. Quite a few people were involved in that one, and judging by the fellow who came to our door last night, they're helping with Ben's campaign as well.

#6 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

I would like to think these poll results would translate into actual votes on election day, but I have my doubts. It would be so nice to see [most of] the incumbants get ousted.

#7 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

I would like to think these poll results would translate into actual votes on election day, but I have my doubts. It would be so nice to see [most of] the incumbants get ousted.

Agreed. The zero votes for Lynn Hunter warms the cockles of my heart. Now that I've said that, I'll bet someone votes for her! :)

#8 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

I am surprised that 4 people would vote for Marianne Alto and none for Lynn Hunter.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ben's most famous moment, the 2008 fight over the Spencer Road Interchange. Quite a few people were involved in that one, and judging by the fellow who came to our door last night, they're helping with Ben's campaign as well.

Wow...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

You think Ben is making $50/hr. now at UVic?

#11 aaroninvictoria

aaroninvictoria
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

I am liking my odds here! Thanks for the support!

I have been posting some info for voters on my election site.

How To Vote: http://electaaronhal...ss/how-to-vote/

Where To Vote: http://electaaronhal.../where-to-vote/

Currently taking requests for other info ;)

Cheers everyone!
@aaroninvictoria aka @aaronhallcooks

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Not very scientific, and a poor response so far, but glad to see Geoff Young at the top of the pile.

#13 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Not very scientific, and a poor response so far, but glad to see Geoff Young at the top of the pile.

It was only posted late night on the 23rd. I didn't even see it until yesterday.
Maybe not scientific...but telling in some way.
Will be interesting to see the over the next bit.

#14 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

Keep in mind that it is likely that VV does not have a large NDP following. Election day will probably look much different.

#15 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

I have absolutely no idea who to vote for. Other than geoff young none of the current council will get my vote, yet none of the others running have inspired me, heck I don't even really know who they are other than the crazy ones.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#16 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

I have absolutely no idea who to vote for. Other than geoff young none of the current council will get my vote, yet none of the others running have inspired me, heck I don't even really know who they are other than the crazy ones.

The Open Victoria slate looks pretty good.

#17 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Geoff will be the only incumbent I'll be voting for as well.

As Bob mentioned...Open Victoria would be the only other candidates I would be looking at.

#18 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Well we know that with few exceptions the incumbants have a pretty dismal track record, certainly since the last election. I feel I can vote for almost anyone who isn't currently on council and still be able to sleep at night. I am willing to give some new blood a chance, even if some of it is a bit crazy.:D

#19 aaroninvictoria

aaroninvictoria
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

The Open Victoria slate looks pretty good.

Thank you Sir! Big day for us tomorrow at the James Bay all candidates meeting... We are looking to Build some more awareness of what we stand for.

I say to all: "What message you would like me to take to City Hall for you?"
@aaroninvictoria aka @aaronhallcooks

#20 lindamcgrew

lindamcgrew
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi, Nparker
Aaron, and I aren't crazy, I promise! In fact I would be surprised if we couldn't inspire you in some way shape or form. Come meet us at one of the all candidates meetings or email me and we can go for a coffee. It depresses me to think people aren't inspired by what Open Victoria is standing up and demanding. Come on, get excited about an open, transparent city hall! linda@lindamcgrew.com www.openvictoria.com

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users