BUILT
Promontory
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: 83 Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 21
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse, townhome)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Promontory is a 21-storey residential tower consisting of 174 condo units and three townhomes. The tower is si... (view full profile)
Learn more about Promontory on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Promontory at Bayview | Condos | 21-floors | Built - completed in 2014

Condo

• Please log in to reply
3253 replies to this topic

#2901 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Just a note for owners/renters.  If you've noticed the A/C in your condo is not getting cool there's a reason, and it's not your unit's heat pump.  The chillers on the roof are not working.  There is a faulty flow sensor and they are waiting for a replacement part.  They have been able to futz with it and get it working so you may suddenly start cooling but it ultimately fails again after some hours.  For now, best to just open your windows and enjoy the breeze.  :construction:

• wightpalen and dhilpickle like this

#2902 jkuan

jkuan
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Omgosh Gary that actually helps so much! I was wondering why my suite was a little hotter then usual. I already adjusted it but nothing seemed to be working.

#2903 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Opening the windows...what a concept.

#2904 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Opening the windows...what a concept.

When you live in a glass tower, A/C is pretty much mandatory. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2905 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,778 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

As is not throwing stones.

#2906 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Gary can you post some pictures of your new lighting fixtures?

I can.  It's all low-voltage LED by Tech Lighting.  There will be no floor or table lamps in the condo.

IMG_6065.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6121.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

BTW, if anyone is interested in replacing their recessed halogen 35W MR16 bulbs with an LED I highly recommend the single chip SORAA.  http://www.soraa.com...ucts/MR16-GU5.3  They are IMO the best MR16 LED bulbs on the market.   It's what I used in the pendants and reading spot lights.

MR16s-GU5.3.png

Edited by Gary H, 24 July 2014 - 09:23 PM.

• parti365 and Yuwin like this

#2907 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Coming along nicely!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2908 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Murphy Wall Beds of Canada

Today was the big day!  We had our custom Murphy wall bed installed.  Hats off to the entire Murphy Wall Beds of Canada team for a job very well done.  Also, thanks Jesse for coming in early to facilitate a 9AM start time.  We had a couple of extra wiring holes and grommets installed on-site and the installers even drilled a wiring hole, with grommets no less, in the kitchen between the recessed TV opening and the cabinet above.  This will allow me to place the Shaw portal box up and run an IR blaster wire out to where the TV is.  Bosa should have done this as the upper cabinet is almost inaccessible for normal use and looks to be an ideal location to hide the cable TV box and have a clean wiring setup.

Okay, on to the install.  It took them just over three hours.  Here are some highlights:

They remove the baseboard where the bed and cabinets go so as to flush mount them to the wall.

IMG_6174.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

IMG_6186.JPG

IMG_6189.JPG

A mixup in the handle model number resulted in a skinnier handle being installed.   No worries a quick call to one of the owners, Tom, had him stopping by KSC on his way over to Promontory to swap the handles prior to his crew finishing.  Great job Tom! 

IMG_6207.JPG

Everyone was taking pictures of their handiwork.

IMG_6199.JPG

The finished product

DSC06306.JPG

DSC06307.JPG

A comparison to the rendering I created

Suite 1607 v99 Night MLT 112-pass 6h38m (Exp 1.8, Gam 1.2) final Murphy Bed config.png

And a comparison to the rendered vision we are building towards.

Suite 1607 v98 MLT 70-pass, 7h16m (Sun 2, Sky 1.5, Exp 1.7, Gam 1.2) new art.png

Good night, off to our new bed...  :)

Edited by Gary H, 24 July 2014 - 10:28 PM.

• parti365, Yuwin, JacquelineQ and 1 other like this

#2909 JacquelineQ

JacquelineQ
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

That's awesome and beautifully done, Gary! :thumbsup:

Jacqueline

#2910 JacquelineQ

JacquelineQ
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

BTW, good choice on the hardware too!

Jacqueline

#2911 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Today was the big day!  We had our custom Murphy wall bed installed.  Hats off to the entire Murphy Wall Beds of Canada team for a job very well done.  Also, thanks Jesse for coming in early to facilitate a 9AM start time.  We had a couple of extra wiring holes and grommets installed on-site and the installers even drilled a wiring hole, with grommets no less, in the kitchen between the recessed TV opening and the cabinet above.  This will allow me to place the Shaw portal box up and run an IR blaster wire out to where the TV is.  Bosa should have done this as the upper cabinet is almost inaccessible for normal use and looks to be an ideal location to hide the cable TV box and have a clean wiring setup.

Okay, on to the install.  It took them just over three hours.  Here are some highlights:

They remove the baseboard where the bed and cabinets go so as to flush mount them to the wall.

attachicon.gifIMG_6174.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6176.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6183.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6184.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6186.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6189.JPG

A mixup in the handle model number resulted in a skinnier handle being installed.   No worries a quick call to one of the owners, Tom, had him stopping by KSC on his way over to Promontory to swap the handles prior to his crew finishing.  Great job Tom! 

attachicon.gifIMG_6207.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6199.JPG

The finished product

attachicon.gifDSC06306.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC06307.JPG

attachicon.gifSuite 1607 v99 Night MLT 112-pass 6h38m (Exp 1.8, Gam 1.2) final Murphy Bed config.png

attachicon.gifSuite 1607 v98 MLT 70-pass, 7h16m (Sun 2, Sky 1.5, Exp 1.7, Gam 1.2) new art.png

Very nice!!

#2912 dhilpickle

dhilpickle
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

Thank you Gary!!! I thought I had a faulty heat pump. Proline should post a notice so residents are aware...

Hopefully the replacement part comes soon as we're expecting hot temperatures next week! My place is currently sitting at 79 degrees.... :eek:

#2913 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

Gary your place is looking absolutely awesome!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2914 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

It did not work :( they sounded very nice, but have a dog, and I prefer no pets.

This should give you a rough idea of what your unit might rent for -> http://victoria.crai...4579403360.html

• Teresa likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2915 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Gary your place is looking absolutely awesome!

And so much like his renderings it's almost scary!

• Teresa likes this

#2916 parti365

parti365
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

WE'RE MOVING IN TOMORROW!!!  Stoked and stressed all at the same time, have our own moving truck and expecting two deliveries in a two hour time frame...we'll see.!!! Ha!!!!  Sorry we haven't posted pics from our walk-thru yet...we didn't take any and our friends are on their way back to Jamaica so haven't been able to send them to us just yet.  

Gary and Malie!!!  Your place looks amazing and Gary, you're a master of that sketch-up application.  WOW, the murphy bed is crazy cool! ...and awesome lighting choices, I think I have "Suite Envy!!!"

Hoping to get some walls painted in the first two weeks, my son has a friend who has been in the biz for 15 years, excited to get some color in there.  

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Prom, and don't forget SPINNAKER's on Wednesday!!!

• Teresa, LisaK, MidnightTurtle and 1 other like this

#2917 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

This should give you a rough idea of what your unit might rent for -> http://victoria.crai...9403360.htmThat

Hi Marko

that's the A unit in the seven floor. How much you think it adds up 6 floors higher and upgrades??

By the way, that's combined square footage unit + balcony, living area is only 1160SF

#2918 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Hi Marko

that's the A unit in the seven floor. How much you think it adds up 6 floors higher and upgrades??

By the way, that's combined square footage unit + balcony, living area is only 1160SF

Maybe $100 to $300 extra? Really difficult to say what the rental premium per floor is.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2919 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

WE'RE MOVING IN TOMORROW!!!  Stoked and stressed all at the same time, have our own moving truck and expecting two deliveries in a two hour time frame...we'll see.!!! Ha!!!!  Sorry we haven't posted pics from our walk-thru yet...we didn't take any and our friends are on their way back to Jamaica so haven't been able to send them to us just yet.  

Gary and Malie!!!  Your place looks amazing and Gary, you're a master of that sketch-up application.  WOW, the murphy bed is crazy cool! ...and awesome lighting choices, I think I have "Suite Envy!!!"

Hoping to get some walls painted in the first two weeks, my son has a friend who has been in the biz for 15 years, excited to get some color in there.  

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Prom, and don't forget SPINNAKER's on Wednesday!!!

Good luck guys!! looking forward to see you Wednesday

• parti365 likes this

#2920 Teresa

Teresa
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCALGARY AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_6174.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6176.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6183.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6184.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6186.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6189.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6207.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6199.JPG

The finished product

attachicon.gifDSC06306.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC06307.JPG

attachicon.gifSuite 1607 v99 Night MLT 112-pass 6h38m (Exp 1.8, Gam 1.2) final Murphy Bed config.png

attachicon.gifSuite 1607 v98 MLT 70-pass, 7h16m (Sun 2, Sky 1.5, Exp 1.7, Gam 1.2) new art.png

Love your place Gary! those lights are beautiful!!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users