BUILT
Black and White
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1033 Cook Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 1BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Black and White is a six-storey mixed-used development with five residential levels above a ground floor comme... (view full profile)
Learn more about Black and White on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Black and White | Condos; commercial | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
960 replies to this topic

#221 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

Applejack would be nice, too.

We're certainly entertaining other products with apple in the name.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#222 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

The project is now 70% sold-out.
  • Nparker and 2F2R like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#223 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

^ You don't say...

An e-mail I received today says 70% sold.

They were adjusting the sign this morning to reflect something new too.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#224 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:51 PM

Tooks on Cook moving back in?

#225 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Official groundbreaking in 3 weeks.

b-w.JPG

• 2F2R and Mr Cook Street like this

#226 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

The ultimate "Black and White" groundbreaking event would include some giant pandas to represent the colour scheme- in the flesh!

• Nparker likes this

#227 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

Or perhaps this.

Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Battlefield.jpg

#228 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

Official groundbreaking in 3 weeks.

Do you have to be registered to win the local prizes?

Edited by MarkoJ, 15 October 2016 - 05:54 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#229 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

A further incentive to attend the groundbreaking ceremony

Groundbreaking Event November 5th | Win An Electric Bike

Black and White's Official Groundbreaking Event will be held at our stunning Presentation Centre located at 1010 Fort Street, Victoria on Saturday, November 5th. Join the celebration, discover more about these exquisite homes nestled in the vibrant Upper Fort community, and enter to win your very own electric bike. Valued at over $2,000, attendees will get a chance to win an electric bike from local Oak Bay Bikes, the Island's bike shop since 1934. Ideal for city cycling along Dallas Road, rolling hills on the Peninsula and mixed surface trails, this electric bike is your all-access pass to Victoria. Please RSVP by clicking the graphic below.

Edited by Nparker, 31 October 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#230 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

Special guest at the upcoming groundbreaking ceremony

BW.JPG

#231 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,614 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

A fresh outbreak of faux outrage on one of the local FB groups; someone posted an image of the vacated buildings and then a rendering of B&W complete with a Photoshop version of the what the "new" corner of Fort & Cook will look like post construction - resulting in the inevitable howls of "it looks like Vancouver!!!" - whatever that means because isn't every new building in Vancouver 5 stories??? - and "typical developer's changing Victoria's unique character!" blah blah blah, rinse, repeat.

Honestly it still amazes me that such a hard core cadre of whiners and complainers in this town seemingly expect *nothing* to change here. Anywhere. Like. Ever. Seriously I do wonder sometimes what its like living life in a "bubble of un-reality" to steal a page from Monty Python....

• Nparker likes this

#232 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Crews were in there today preparing for demolition.

• Nparker likes this

#233 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

I often wonder if the people who constantly make (disparaging) references to Victoria becoming like Vancouver have actually ever visited the latter city. I have and I just don't see the comparison.

#234 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

A fresh outbreak of faux outrage on one of the local FB groups; someone posted an image of the vacated buildings and then a rendering of B&W complete with a Photoshop version of the what the "new" corner of Fort & Cook will look like post construction - resulting in the inevitable howls of "it looks like Vancouver!!!" - whatever that means because isn't every new building in Vancouver 5 stories??? - and "typical developer's changing Victoria's unique character!" blah blah blah, rinse, repeat.

Honestly it still amazes me that such a hard core cadre of whiners and complainers in this town seemingly expect *nothing* to change here. Anywhere. Like. Ever. Seriously I do wonder sometimes what its like living life in a "bubble of un-reality" to steal a page from Monty Python....

Seems like an odd hill to die on, it's a non-descript old one-floor building.

#235 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,614 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

I often wonder if the people who constantly make (disparaging) references to Victoria becoming like Vancouver have actually ever visited the latter city. I have and I just don't see the comparison.

Which really in the final analysis is the irony: I've lived in YVR twice over the last 25 years and been there so many times for business in the intervening years that sometimes it felt like I was living there again - geographically, architecturally and above all in terms of outlook and attitude the two cities are nothing alike. Vancouver is a million light years apart from from Victoria -> which many Vancouverites barely acknowledge even exists. A 5-story building - no matter what its called or what its color scheme looks like - ain't gonna bridge that gap, lol.....

• Nparker and lanforod like this

#236 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

Right.  And as much as it's bad to be Vancouver, it gets 14x the tourism visits we get.  They must be doing it wrong.

• Nparker and AllseeingEye like this

#237 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,614 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

LOL good catch I kinda thought 22x our tourism numbers was a little high... :)

#238 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:47 PM

LOL good catch I kinda thought 22x our tourism numbers was a little high... :)

I start with hyperbole, then calm myself with facts later.

• Nparker likes this

#239 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Are you able to share the link ASE?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#240 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,614 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:38 PM

Are you able to share the link ASE?

This might work - try this:

https://www.facebook...478150753942607

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users