BUILT
Yello on Yates
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 819 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Yello on Yates is a mixed-use rental residential and ground floor commercial tower spanning the 800 blocks of ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Yello on Yates on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Yello on Yates | Rentals; commercial | 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2018

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

#581 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

I accept your challenge. What about all of the hardware on the roof of the theatre? Will residents on that side be complaining about noise? And why does the newest building in the picture have the least glass coverage?

• Nparker likes this

#582 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

And who is the guy in the blue shirt sitting outside on the lower roof level of 800 Yates?

Will residents be complaining about people in blue shirts sitting outside? Does fundamental livability not matter anymore?

#583 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:16 AM

Those sorts of rooftop spaces are really great. I'm liking that trend. Yello on Yates looks like it will have a good one, too. I don't understand why the Mondrian on Cook doesn't have one.

#584 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:32 AM

"We want rental buildings but they must be enveloped in the most expensive and energy inefficient cladding available."

#585 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

I accidentally left today's script at the coffee shop but I think this is where I normally ask why those energy efficiency concerns are only relevant in Victoria but not in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, etc.

• Nparker and RFS like this

#586 rsnxmt

rsnxmt
  • 53 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

I walked by Yello today. They have gates up now blocking the mid-block walkway.

#587 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

quick learners! it took the metropolitan 30 yers to cage up.

my phone has gone rogue on capitalization . or lack of. the

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 04 May 2018 - 04:44 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#588 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

quick learners...

Is the walkway not a public amenity? Did the developer get some sort of variance for including it?

#589 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

It will be open when it’s ready for public use. It will, however, have a set opening and closing time each day as per the one at The Falls.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#590 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

That's what I thought.

#591 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

why residents of the metropolitan need immediate and direct access to the BC Tel building during daylight hours is also questionable but these mid block walkways are all the rage to get simple politicians onboard.
  • jonny likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#592 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

why residents of the metropolitan need immediate and direct access to the BC Tel building during daylight hours is also questionable...

Aren't these building in different blocks?

Edit: You mean the walkway along Yello that will connect View to Yates

Edited by Nparker, 04 May 2018 - 05:37 PM.

#593 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

yes that’s the connector. not sure why it’s important.

#594 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

I know you were kidding ... but holy smokes, that load of mechanical equipment on top of the Capital 6 is through the roof (literally).

Boilers are usually indoors not heard by passersby ... but on a hot day, with all those roof chillers running at full steam - that's going to make one heck of a lot of noise for the folks on the West side of the building ... at least above the Capital 6 roof line.

#595 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

^just wait if the Jawls decide to knock down Capital 6 and build a high rise.  A great view from Yellow 10 feet over into another suite

#596 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

I wasn't really kidding.

#597 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

Mods: Chard’s website indicates that this is now complete !
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#598 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

quick learners! it took the metropolitan 30 yers to cage up.

The Metropolitan is not nearly that old (late '90s, I believe). And Google Street View shows that path between the Met and Ralph's was gated at least as far back as 2009. They just moved the gate a few feet forward last year for no discernible reason. Drives me crazy as I've always been curious where that path leads. There's no obvious exit point on the Fort St side.

I can at least see why they gates off the Yello walkway as it'll pass right by first-floor residences, won't it? Still, I look forward to being able to shave a solid 20 seconds off my walks to Yates St.

#599 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

1995 completion, ya.

#600 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

The Metropolitan is not nearly that old (late '90s, I believe). And Google Street View shows that path between the Met and Ralph's was gated at least as far back as 2009. They just moved the gate a few feet forward last year for no discernible reason.

Oh there was a discernible reason, alright. Quite a few of them.

They moved it forward because that area became a hiding place for trouble makers, groups of people binge drinking, urination, drug use, drug dealing, a "come down" spot for people too high or too drunk to lumber along, fights, and refuse. It's amazing what a little nook in an urban setting under the partial cover of a tree will yield.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users