BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#141 western

western
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

Best renderings so far 

DP_3_2.jpg

DP_1v2.jpg

DP_2v2.jpg

DP_4v2.jpg

shapeimage_1.png

DP_5v2.jpg

DP_6v2.jpg

DP_7v2%202.jpg

DP_8v2.jpg

• 2F2R, Mr Cook Street, nagel and 1 other like this

#142 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

Wow this development looks great. Definitely going to change the area for the better.
  • western likes this

#143 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

As a resident in the area all I can say is: WOW!  That looks spectacular. I can hardly wait.

• western likes this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#144 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:57 AM

Wow! Looks like a really nice university campus or a Silicon Valley headquarters or something like that.

• western likes this

#145 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

why not post all of them? ;)

Gallery7.jpg

Gallery3.jpg

Gallery5.jpg

Gallery12.jpg

Gallery11.jpg

Gallery8.jpg

It's hard to make out what the some of the handwriting says on these ones

Gallery13.jpg

Gallery6.jpg

Gallery4.jpg

http://capitalparkvictoria.com/gallery

- who are/were parry & powell? maybe powell refers to this guy? re: parry my best guess is this guy
- is that triangular mid-block park on michigan really supposed to be a park? it looks a bit more like a scrap of land they couldn't find a better use for. i wonder just because it's a triangle, & what can you do with a triangle?
- at first i didn't get why they would cut off the main plaza with that pond so that it was bounded by only two of the buildings, but then I saw the second rendering with the descriptions & there's that kiosk & a mini plaza in behind. so now it all makes more sense

#146 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Looks great. I'm glad to see the extension of the neighbourhood commercial strip, too. I'm still not sure about the sheer size of that main square. I guess my only big concern would be the potential for all sorts of unseemly stuff in those interior spaces, not just at night but in the daytime, too. They'll need security.

#147 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

Attached Images

• capitol1.jpg
  • capitol2.jpg
  • capitol3.jpg
  • capitol4.jpg

• Mike K., zoomer, sebberry and 2 others like this

#148 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,556 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

Looks great. I'm glad to see the extension of the neighbourhood commercial strip, too. I'm still not sure about the sheer size of that main square. I guess my only big concern would be the potential for all sorts of unseemly stuff in those interior spaces, not just at night but in the daytime, too. They'll need security.

Things are much easier on private property regarding enforcement.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#149 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

^ Also I don't seem to recall there being huge issues around the museum or in the little square to the East of it. I think the hood gives off a not welcoming to seedy feel.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#150 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

^ Also I don't seem to recall there being huge issues around the museum or in the little square to the East of it. I think the hood gives off a not welcoming to seedy feel.

My guess is the homeless folks take the path of least resistance. Places like the Atrium that have active security personnel probably have few issues. Places like Capitol 6 who have no on site security have tons of issues.

#151 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

Photos from Oct 30th

Attached Images

• cap 1.JPG
  • cap 2.JPG

• Nparker, nagel and western like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#152 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

#153 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Will they be putting a crane up on this project?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#154 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:26 AM

The tower crane arrived Friday in a Sea Can. It was bought by Campbell and shipped over from Holland.

It is identical to the crane at 1515 Douglas St.

There will be a huge concrete pour on Monday about 50 Cement Truck Loads

http://www.liebherr....asure-nonMetric

You may have noticed an increase in Gravel Truck with pup trailer, traffic along Douglas st.

Friday there were 37 different gravel trucks coming and going form the site all day Doing 4 or 5 round trips each to a dump site in the Shawnigan Lake Area. (not the SIA site )

This is up to 150 truck trips down Douglas St.This number is Gravel Trucks only does not include Cement or other larger Commercials.

The City appears to not have a designated truck route but I would suggest to the City to have inbound trucks use Blanshard St and out bound trucks to use Douglas st.or visa versa

Calls to City hall were not returned by The Traffic Engineering Dept.

• RoadRunner and hawky like this

#155 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

The above pictures were reposted from here onto the I Love Downtown Victoria FB page about 15 minutes after I posted them here but not credited to HB instead credited to "various contributors"

Please credit to HB.I don't post them here so they can be posted on all the other sites which are making money from them without something as simple as credit. If this starts happening again I will start posting pics with big watermarks saying the pictures are stolen from Vibrant Victoria

i am hoping this is just an oversight.

Edited by HB, 05 December 2015 - 09:49 AM.

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker, Hotel Mike and 1 other like this

#156 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

The above pictures were reposted from here onto the I Love Downtown Victoria FB page but not credited to HB instead credited to "various contributors"

Please credit to HB

Done.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#157 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

thank you

#158 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

Thanks HB. I'll look for the crane on the skyline in the next week.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#159 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

The tower crane arrived Friday in a Sea Can. It was bought by Campbell and shipped over from Holland.

It is identical to the crane at 1515 Douglas St.

From the next to last photo it's clearly a "used" crane.  The fact that they had to buy one from such a far away location tells me the tower crane market is tight with no extra local supply, no wonder we saw that clunker of a crane (the one with the doll) on the Legato site.  Local construction is booming and Campbell must be doing well.  :)

#160 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

This is up to 150 truck trips down Douglas St.This number is Gravel Trucks only does not include Cement or other larger Commercials.

The City appears to not have a designated truck route but I would suggest to the City to have inbound trucks use Blanshard St and out bound trucks to use Douglas st.or visa versa

Calls to City hall were not returned by The Traffic Engineering Dept.

Link to truck route map.

Superior, Douglas, Blanshard, Government/Wharf are all truck routes near this site.

The City can't designate, let alone police, the separate inbound-outbound plan you describe. Only to use the truck routes and the most direct route to and from said routes.

Agreed though that once you combine the Capital Park trucks with the ones leaving the 1515 Douglas site, there's a lot of truck traffic on Douglas these days.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)