Hollywood news and related issues

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#221 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'll just stick this here it might be a bit about hypocrisy...

Current and former Bell employees have written CBC's Go Public to describe the toll that aggressive sales targets have had on their health at a company well known for its "Let's Talk" campaign — a massive initiative to improve mental health.  

More than 600 people contacted the CBC after the investigation was published earlier this week. In email after email, current and former employees describe panic attacks in the workplace, stress-induced vomiting and diarrhea. Some reported crying before starting call-centre shifts and said taking stress leave is "common."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...rgets-1.4418876

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#222 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:26 AM

Edited by Sparky

Well, now it’s coming out that Lauer’s superiors knew of his predatory ways as did his colleagues. The Today Show “revelation” comments are, indeed, complete BS.

Look how many people knew of Ghomeshi’s BS? EVERYBODY knew.

Can't say I'm surprised about NBC trying to claim that they only found out about Lauer after the accusations against him were made when in reality, they're just trying to cover for themselves and the fact that they already knew what he was doing and they did and said nothing about him until it became public.  This isn't going to go well for either Lauer or NBC.

#223 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

Well thanks for that,  now I have coffee all over my screen and keyboard.  If you're baiting then you're hilarious.  If you actually think this then you're delusional.

Wrong. If you can't accept the truth, that's your problem and yours alone, not mine.

#224 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

And the beat goes on...

A big question remains after renowned conductor James Levine was suspended from the Metropolitan Opera amid accusations of sexual abuse:

Why did it take so long for the company to act after it was informed by police that he had been accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy?

The Met was in crisis mode Monday after The New York Times published interviews with three men who said that Levine, 74, had sexually abused them when they were teenagers.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...o-act-1.4389966

#225 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

^^^ And the dominoes continue to fall in the entertainment industry.  As stated by a commenter at the Rebel...

We also need to consider that there were so many in Hollywood that decided to look the other way & let the abuses continue. They gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation despite the fact that he drugged & raped a 13 year old girl & fled the country to avoid going to jail. Innocent until proven guilty, yes. But Hollywood is a rats nest of perverts, pedophiles & those who enable them. This needs to be remembered going forward every time one of these fools thinks it’s their place to lecture the little people on any topic.

https://www.therebel...y_man_is_guilty

#226 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

^^^ And the dominoes continue to fall in the entertainment industry.  As stated by a commenter at the Rebel...

https://www.therebel...y_man_is_guilty

Where are all the men coming forward to say they were once sexually abused by a woman.

#227 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:14 PM

Where are all the men coming forward to say they were once sexually abused by a woman.

I think that men are still trying to figure out what sexual abuse in 2017 actually means. The G&M ran a story today on how telling a co-worker at work that they looked nice was considered sexual harassment. 

#228 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

Right.  Which one of these is an appropriate Monday morning remark, from boss to worker, and why?

Hey June, did you finally have sex with your hot new boyfriend on the weekend?

Hey Rob, how did that blind date go on Saturday?

Hey Phil, did you go to church on Sunday?  What church is that again?

Hey Bob, how was the NRA rally?

Hey Crystal, did you go out for too many beers Saturday, I see you used the company cab account to get home.  And at 3am.

Hey Jeff, I like your new car, I bet that will help with the ladies!

Hey Claire, you look sharp today, love that dress.

Hey Peter, I just spent the whole weekend reviewing those drawings you had made up on Thursday.  They are brutal, that's more poor work from you once again.  You're gonna need to re-do them all, even if that means you stay late one day this week.  

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 December 2017 - 02:29 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#229 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

As I said elsewhere, it's only liberals who are racist because only they judge and value people based on their race or skin color.  Trump and those who voted for him (and conservatives in general) don't do that, 

Yep them southern rednecks sure don't judge a man by the colour of his skin and they know the worth of a black man.

#230 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

Brian Singer gone awol. Lock up your kids.

#231 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

^It is simple really, the unfortunate impact will be that woman are excluded from many discussions and social events because it is simply not worth the risk that you say something which is misinterpreted and puts you in front of HR. Since we know that those events are where the real teambuilding and personal relations are developed, it will then wind up meaning fewer promotions and opportunities for advancement.

#232 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

^It is simple really, the unfortunate impact will be that woman are excluded from many discussions and social events because it is simply not worth the risk that you say something which is misinterpreted and puts you in front of HR. Since we know that those events are where the real teambuilding and personal relations are developed, it will then wind up meaning fewer promotions and opportunities for advancement.

Facebook COO warns women that male executives may stop hiring them because of sexual harassment scandals
'I have already heard the rumblings of a backlash: 'This is why you shouldn't hire women.' Actually, this is why you should'

http://nationalpost....ssment-scandals

#233 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Yep them southern rednecks sure don't judge a man by the colour of his skin and they know the worth of a black man.

All you're doing is proving me right. Moving on...

#234 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Such is the way of political correctness and the negative impact it's had on society, unfortunately. Now though, those in positions of power who favored PC (invariably on the Left) are now coming under fire for their hypocrisy and it's not going well for them.

#235 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

All you're doing is proving me right. Moving on...

and you're proving i can't argue with stupidity. Moving on ....

#236 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

and you're proving i can't argue with stupidity. Moving on ....

You're still only proving me right (and you're not doing yourself any favors by trying to start fights here either).

Edited by Nostalgic Victoria, 06 December 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#237 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

You're still only proving me right - now drop it and let it go.

You can't drop an outrageous comment and then pretend to take the high road by not engaging.

Anyway, women that spoke out have been named Time's person of the year--no surprise. I'm sure everyone thinks that's well justified although I know there's a certain White House resident that is bitter and envious and was under the mistaken impression the cover can be awarded two years in a row.

Al Franken is expected to announce he is stepping down tomorrow. 

#238 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

You can't drop an outrageous comment and then pretend to take the high road by not engaging.

This applies to you too - it's done.

#239 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Easy for Al Franken he’s an old wealthy guy.

What’s a young guy to do?

#240 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

And a former Saturday Night Live cast member, to boot (didn't care for Stuart Smalley, though).

Edited by Nostalgic Victoria, 06 December 2017 - 02:24 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users