Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5441 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:50 AM

Better a nothing burger than arrests and paranoia. 

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#5442 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:11 AM

Better a nothing burger than arrests and paranoia. 

When was the last time someone in Victoria was arrested for simple possession of a personal amount of pot, 1975?

• LJ, todd and Victoria Watcher like this

#5443 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:04 AM

The Songhees nation has opened a pot shop on Admirals Road at Glentana Road.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5444 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:12 AM

The Songhees nation has opened a pot shop on Admirals Road at Glentana Road.

Probably like the one in central Saanichton, on reserve land so no taxes (only supposed to be for FN customers though).

#5445 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,047 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:05 AM

An illegal bitcoin mine has been found by police in the U.K. who were looking for a cannabis farm.

The mine — located in an industrial unit on the outskirts of the English city of Birmingham — was stealing thousands of pounds worth of electricity from the mains supply, West Midlands Police said Thursday.

Police searched the unit in Sandwell on May 18 on the back of intelligence that led them to believe it was being used as a cannabis farm.

Many people were visiting the unit at various points of the day, police said, adding there were numerous wiring and ventilation ducts visible. A police drone also detected a lot of heat coming from the building.

https://www.cnbc.com...farm-raid-.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 May 2021 - 10:05 AM.

• Matt R. and todd like this

#5446 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

Cannabis workers to unionize

Workers at Trees Cannabis ­locations have voted to join other “budtenders” as part of the B.C. Bud division of United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1518.

The union said workers have been grappling with low wages, no paid sick days and working without breaks while serving the public as essential workers ­during the pandemic.

https://www.timescol...ding-1.24335345

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 June 2021 - 01:47 PM.

#5447 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,756 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:47 PM

Essential workers?  :lol:

#5448 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:48 PM

the stores were deemed essential. ya.
  • Matt R. and todd like this

#5449 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:16 PM

I see Trees has opened/opening 15 locations in Ontario.

#5450 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:24 AM

Is there a consensus on the use of cannabis for relief of migraine headaches?

I get major migraines, and have long taken somewhat serious prescription medication for them ... but as I get older that medication is less and less effective, and always causes 2 or 3 days of dizziness and general "unwellness" as an after-effect of taking said medication.

I don't smoke, so it would have to be edibles.

It's hard to tell from basic online research whether cannabis actually relieves the pain of a migraine, or whether it just gets you buzzed so you're essentially "distracted" from the pain of the migraine ... albeit that the migraine remains.

Edited by Spy Black, 26 June 2021 - 08:24 AM.

#5451 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:30 AM

do the migraines subside as you stay away from VV?

maybe look for root causes. 🤔

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 June 2021 - 08:31 AM.

#5452 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:35 AM

... now that you mention it ...  :)

• Mike K. likes this

#5453 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:23 AM

I get major migraines, and have long taken somewhat serious prescription medication for them ... but as I get older that medication is less and less effective, and always causes 2 or 3 days of dizziness and general "unwellness" as an after-effect of taking said medication.

It's hard to tell from basic online research whether cannabis actually relieves the pain of a migraine, or whether it just gets you buzzed so you're essentially "distracted" from the pain of the migraine ... albeit that the migraine remains.

CBD maybe?  https://www.reddit.c...hanged_my_life/

• Spy Black likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5454 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 10:14 AM

I wouldn’t recommend it for headaches but very well might work for you. Magic mushrooms(psilocybin) might be worth looking into for you especially for cluster headaches. But I only have a first aid certificate and I don’t think I can give that kind of advice with it. But I do watch House: https://youtu.be/CStS4flV-1Q

Don’t get the really crazy ones https://www.zoomersdispensary.com/ (not an endorsement)

#5455 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 10:33 AM

maybe look for root causes.

It’s a vibrant trip man.

#5456 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 10:59 AM

^Also been watching that Cloud Nine Superstore NBC show it’s a good show. Just thinking about it now because there’s a dispensary down the street from the Dutch Bakery called Cloud Nine also.

• Dr. Barillas likes this

#5457 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:57 AM

I would get an updated medical diagnosis before I tried self-prescribing anything (in case you haven't).

There is very little (if any) meaningful research on the possible benefits of pot or mushrooms (for various reasons) and you risk masking a more serious problem or inadvertently causing another one.

• Spy Black likes this

#5458 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:35 PM

https://www.zoomersdispensary.com/ (not an endorsement)

That explains a lot.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5459 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:04 PM

That explains a lot.

I know, right!

Edited by todd, 26 June 2021 - 02:17 PM.

#5460 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 11:56 AM

Private cannabis retailers in B.C. fear their business is no longer viable given the proliferation of public stores and illicit operators, a survey conducted by Okanagan shops found.

A group of private cannabis retailers known as the Okanagan Cannabis Collective (OCC) teamed up with the Association of Canadian Cannabis Retailers (ACCRES) to conduct the industry survey, which was published Nov. 9. The survey found that roughly 60 per cent of legal retailers in B.C. believe their business is no longer viable.

The survey also found that private cannabis stores are being squeezed out by municipal policies that allow too many stores to exist in close proximity.

https://www.canadian...-stores-survey/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 November 2021 - 11:56 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users