Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:46 PM

I imagine weed makes a nice garnish in a number of cocktails.  :P

#5762 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:53 PM

I suspect for most people it's a want rather than a need.

Yes, just like how for most people smoking a joint or taking an edible is a want.  

#5763 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:57 PM

I never suggested it wasn't.

#5764 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:59 PM

I never suggested it wasn't.

Oops, my apologies

#5765 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 06:25 PM

I actually miss weed. Can’t smoke it and edibles are boring. Super handy sleep aid though. Edibles saved me big time when I put my back out. Let me sleep with no half life or noticeable side effects.

The smoking is probably most addictive. Something about smoking is. The state of mind also can be for sure. It can really help with social anxiety and creativity or gardening etc. that’s addictive. But chemically? Nah. I quit easily once my first son was born. Also quit edibles after I was better and I was consuming daily for many months.
  • Matt R. likes this

#5766 LJ

LJ
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 07:29 PM

I found with smoking cigarettes, part of the addiction was seeing the smoke, I couldn't smoke in the dark. Fortunately quit decades ago.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#5767 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 07:55 PM

From the tobacco smokers I have known, part of the difficulty in quitting is changing the behaviours associated with their smoking habit, such as having a cigarette with their first coffee in the morning or after dinner each night etc. Those actions trigger the desire to smoke.

I am so glad I never started smoking, despite the fact that I grew up in a household where everyone smoked, even my siblings as young adults.

• Matt R. likes this

#5768 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 08:02 PM

Everyone smoked pre gen X
  • AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#5769 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 08:02 PM

Even doctors recommend it…
  • Matt R. likes this

#5770 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 08:07 PM

Today - if you have a doctor - they recommend smoking crack laced with fentanyl.

#5771 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 09:16 PM

You make it sound like it's Russian roulette every time someone lights up a joint. Just because someone had a bad experience with it doesn't mean that no one else should be able to partake in it. Weed is not for everyone, just like how not everyone can tolerate alcohol.

Speaking of alcohol, what is the purpose of drinking alcohol? The addictions, health issues, and deaths and injuries it causes is well known - yet many people still need to have a cold one or a glass of wine with their dinner.

It is just like it, exactly. I know we downplay weed, but it can lead to psychosis and intense paranoia if you smoke the wrong stuff. Eat the wrong edible and you can end up in hospital.

People who need a cold one or a glass of wine with dinner are addicted to alcohol, probably. I’d wager alcoholism is far more prevalent than we admit to ourselves, but it’s such a cash cow for governments.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5772 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 09:36 PM

I actually miss weed. Can’t smoke it and edibles are boring. Super handy sleep aid though. Edibles saved me big time when I put my back out. Let me sleep with no half life or noticeable side effects.

The smoking is probably most addictive. Something about smoking is. The state of mind also can be for sure. It can really help with social anxiety and creativity or gardening etc. that’s addictive. But chemically? Nah. I quit easily once my first son was born. Also quit edibles after I was better and I was consuming daily for many months.

The ritual is a big one too. People do the same with coffee, like that scene in Requiem for a Dream.

#5773 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 09:38 PM

Weed psychosis? Hospitalization? What is this nonsense. Dude.

#5774 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 09:49 PM

Society is shielded from this stuff. Talk to an ER nurse, or a cop on the night shift. Weed messes people up real good.
  • Barrrister likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5775 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 10:14 PM

Are you trolling.

Let us know what you think in the comments below.
  • God likes this

#5776 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 10:20 PM

Ignorance is bliss, yo.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#5777 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 01 July 2023 - 08:01 AM

Weed psychosis? Hospitalization? What is this nonsense. Dude.

Not everyone, but they have been linked. In addition THC content has rapidly increased over the past decades.

Is there a link between marijuana use and psychiatric disorders? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) (nih.gov)

The relationship between cannabis (marijuana) use and psychiatric disorders is complex, and more research is needed to better understand the short- and long-term impacts of cannabis use on mental health. Considerable—though not all—evidence has linked cannabis use to earlier onset of psychosis in people with genetic risk factors for psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia, as well as worse symptoms in people who already have these conditions. Although less consistent, there is also evidence linking cannabis use to other mental illnesses and self-harm, including suicidal thoughts and behaviors

Edited by spanky123, 01 July 2023 - 08:01 AM.

#5778 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,068 posts

Posted 01 July 2023 - 09:16 AM

Yes, Mike says this happens all the time at night.

#5779 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 01 July 2023 - 10:11 AM

Matt’s feelings are hurt!

Have a puff, chill.

Know it all.

#5780 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,068 posts

Posted 01 July 2023 - 12:38 PM

Haha! I have no feelings left Mike. Only memes.
  • Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users