Legato
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 960 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Legato is an 88-unit, 17-storey condo tower with ground floor commercial space at 960 Yates Street in downtown... (view full profile)
Learn more about Legato on Citified.ca      Official website: legatovictoria.com
Photo

[Downtown] Legato | Condos; commercial | 17-storeys | Complete - built in 2018

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#61 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

I think it is a fantastic looking building, it would compliment the Manhattan nicely, which, right now stands out like the lone tree in the forest. The view towers, for forty years, has also stood out like the lone tree in the forest. It has been said for decades that some other "tall" buildings around it would soften the look of it. I think that is a total no brainer. Look how nice the little cluster of "tall" buildings in the Humbolt valley look. Decades, that is!

• Nparker likes this

#62 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

So what's with the huge parking entrance? That's got to be the biggest I've ever seen in a modern project.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#63 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Really glad they opted to maximum height vs shorter and fatter.

• thundergun likes this

#64 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Looks really good!

#65 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

So what's with the huge parking entrance? That's got to be the biggest I've ever seen in a modern project.

There are six sections across the street-front of the building. The first one on the left has visitor parking behind it. The second one is the parking entrance. The third one is the building's lobby entrance. The three sections on the right are retail space.

victoria-960yatesstreet-02.jpg

#66 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Does that mean the end of Philip Nyren?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#67 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Does that mean the end of Philip Nyren?

It is rumored that they are looking for a new location.

#68 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

I love that the roof line in this rendering is so clean. It's a simple design, but looks so much better than the elevator shaft box we have seen all too often on newer Victoria buildings.

#69 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

It's too bad this doesn't incorporate the weird and totally oddly utilized Shatterbox Coffee site. Nothing against Shatterbox Coffee, there stuff is quite good, but that property is just strange with the coffee shop and weird little private fenced off parking lot with a ramp in the middle of it.

• RFS likes this

#70 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

It's too bad this doesn't incorporate the weird and totally oddly utilized Shatterbox Coffee site. Nothing against Shatterbox Coffee, there stuff is quite good, but that property is just strange with the coffee shop and weird little private fenced off parking lot with a ramp in the middle of it.

With any luck, the revitalization of the neighbouring property will increase interest in the Shatterbox lot. A slender, 25 floor, spire topped condo wedged in between the 15 and 17 story buildings.

#71 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Perhaps they will consider a move into this projects retail space

Edited by RFS, 15 August 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#72 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Rather blah building, and the top is kind of cheesy.  Looks like something they'd build in a Vancouver suburb about 20 years ago. Definitely a step down from the Humboldt Valley and the Chard buildings.  Still far better than what's there now and more people living downtown is great.

#73 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

I love that the roof line in this rendering is so clean. It's a simple design, but looks so much better than the elevator shaft box we have seen all too often on newer Victoria buildings.

Neither of the renderings I've posted show the fell mechanical penthouse. The elevation drawings show a box on top similar to what the Manhattan has.

#74 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

Philip Nyren will be closed by the end of the month.

Where is this in the permitting process? The developer is not requesting any rezoning, so could this be a quick process? Trying to figure out why Philip Nyren is closing so soon. Would they really be demoing in the new year?

Edited by jonny, 21 November 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#75 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

...The developer is not requesting any rezoning, so could this be a quick process?...

From your lips to Council's ears. Let's see if voting "Helps" really does help.

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#76 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

What is the height allowance here?

#77 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

50m and 5.1FSR.

• Mr Cook Street and Mixed365 like this

#78 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

50m and 5.1FSR.

Me like  :lol:

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#79 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

The announcement says 18 stories

Edited by sdwright.vic, 21 November 2014 - 06:34 PM.

• Nparker likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#80 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

how many units?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users