BUILT
989 Johnson
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 989 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
989 Johnson is a 206-unit, two-tower 15- and 17-storey condominium complex with a six-storey podium. Ground fl... (view full profile)
Learn more about 989 Johnson on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 989 Johnson | Condos; commercial | 17 & 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

#441 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Just invest $800 to $1000 in a decent portable A/C machine.  DO NOT expect the cheapest, the 8,000 BTU unit to do the job, that's unrealistic.  Get the 12,000+ machine.  Use it 30 days tops.  Then put it away for a year.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#442 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Interesting news, sweet.  Especially on the charger.

^^ wrt parking I think for either place, evening and weekend parking on the street is not bad.  Yes, you might have to plug a meter on weekends, but generally Pandora and Johnson have street parking.  Pandora has that strip of angle parking that's never full on the hill to the top of the green on the parallel access road.

Regarding parking availability, something tells me that may be changing with Legato, 989 Johnson, the Wade, 1008 Pandora, 1075 Pandora, Yates on Yates, Jukebox and 819 Yates literally happening now! We're talking about ~2,000 new residents and ~1,000 new cars in the immediate area very, very soon.

#443 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

Building on Johnson across from the 989 is protected so I wouldn't expect a tower there. Maybe the garage portion the building to the West may come down...

The chapel? It isn't on the heritage register, and isn't designated... so unless there's a covenant on title protecting it, I believe it can be torn down/modified. Is there something else protecting it?

#444 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

I believe you're right, jackerbie. That building may be on a list somewhere but it's not a registered heritage structure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#445 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

I thought the chapel was slated to be demolished.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#446 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

Interesting news, sweet.  Especially on the charger.

^^ wrt parking I think for either place, evening and weekend parking on the street is not bad.  Yes, you might have to plug a meter on weekends, but generally Pandora and Johnson have street parking.  Pandora has that strip of angle parking that's never full on the hill to the top of the green on the parallel access road.

Oh I wouldn't rely on that parking being there for long.  We'll have that ROW for bike lanes in the future.

#447 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

The parking here

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#448 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

Oh no, my bad.  I thought you meant all that parking on Pandora going over the 2 bunny hills.  That Pandora 2 way cycle track should go all the way to Fort someday before likely dying at OB Ave.

#449 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Ah, ok gotcha.

Know it all.

#450 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

That angle parking in the side access road might get metered different (right now it's just time limited). But it won't be removed.

#451 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

The Robins parking across from Sutton Place East and West as well as the Mazda dealership have core sampling going on today... death toll for another parking lot?
  • Nparker, jonny and DavidSchell like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#452 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

Interesting.

Know it all.

#453 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

The Robins parking across from Sutton Place East and West as well as the Mazda dealership have core sampling going on today... death toll for another parking lot?

:banana:

#454 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#455 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

I'm a patron of the dealership. Always seemed like a prime area for redevelopment.

#456 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

Maybe the cremains of Peter Pollen are being inserted deep into the bedrock of the former home of Peter Pollen Ford so that his ghost will haunt whatever unsightly skyscraper is built on that site.

Edited by Rob Randall, 28 March 2017 - 09:17 AM.

• VicHockeyFan and jonny like this

#457 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

<p>

Like what?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#458 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Sometimes you're so impressed by something that you've posted, it just seems insufficient to have only one "Like This" link.

Edited by aastra, 28 March 2017 - 01:49 PM.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#459 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Interesting....part of my decision to pass on a purchase at Lyra was zero flexibility on installing a car charger in the stall and being a Tesla owner just wouldn't work for me if I ended up moving in.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#460 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

The chapel? It isn't on the heritage register, and isn't designated... so unless there's a covenant on title protecting it, I believe it can be torn down/modified. Is there something else protecting it?

I am fairly certain that as part of the sale something was put on title to protect the chapel and the buyer agreed. It is di Castri I believe that designed it.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users