Victoria

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

Oh, in the photo with Markson at the mike, you can see Riga Godron.  As soon as the conference was over, but before the crowd dispersed, she screamed out that she was also running for mayor and her launch is this afternoon.  One of Andrew's team tried to silence her, to no avail.

• J_Loveday likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

Lisa Helps is generally on a bike when I see her, although I have seen her in a car as well. I cant remember the colour of either
Eric Bramble - http://www.29erradio.com
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#23 osmich

osmich
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think it is excellent that Andrew is getting involved to ask the tough questions! Oh yeah! This is really good:) He mentioned in his speech specifically that he "lives in Victoria and pays taxes in Victoria."

• Nparker likes this

#24 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

I think it is excellent that Andrew is getting involved to ask the tough questions! Oh yeah! This is really good:) He mentioned in his speech specifically that he "lives in Victoria and pays taxes in Victoria."

Looking to discredit Ida right from the get go.

#25 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

Ida needs to step aside. Andrew has also been doing the odd story for CBC radio.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#26 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Anyone recall that Markson was the communications coordinator for the JSB early on...

#27 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Anyone recall that Markson was the communications coordinator for the JSB early on...

I think he was driving a blue Edsel back then.

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Indeed he was.

Andrew will need to explain why a hired PR consultant who did the City's bidding when the electorate was up in arms over the bridge replacement plan is his chosen campaign advisor. This puts Andrew into a sticky position if he intends to criticize Fortin's leadership regarding the bridge and the cost escalation from $66 million to $101 million.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

^ Seriously Mike?? I seem to recall that Markson worked on the pr for the new bridge plans, and then for the borrowing referendum. What does any of that have to do with the way the politicians handled the costs?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#30 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I don't think 'hired PR consultants' should really have to answer for the failures of their clients.

• Holden West likes this

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

It has a great deal to do with it. Markson was one of the individuals responsible for promoting a Yes vote.

If Andrew plans to criticize Fortin over the bridge having Markson on his side is terrible for optics. If he is to associate with anyone that had to do with the bridge fiasco it ought to be Ross Crockford and not one of the City's ex-pro-replacement spin doctors.
  • gumgum and tedward like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#32 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Yeah, I don't think 'hired PR consultants' should really have to answer for the failures of their clients.

Maybe not if they are on contract, but he was an employee - they were his employer. Looks real bad to me.

#33 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Regardless, Andrew entering the race is a game changer. Things are getting interesting.

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

It has a great deal to do with it. Markson was one of the individuals responsible for promoting a Yes vote.

If Andrew plans to criticize Fortin over the bridge having Markson on his side is terrible for optics. If he is to associate with anyone that had to do with the bridge fiasco it ought to be Ross Crockford and not one of the City's ex-pro-replacement spin doctors.

Nobody except us wonks will make that connection.  It's not an issue.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#35 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

In the early days of the bridge debate I believe Markson was still working for the media, and I can still see him on camera poking his pen into the rusting base of a downtown lamp standard.

#36 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

Stephen Andrew just spent an hour on CFAX answering questions from callers. 

You should be able to locate the podcast here when it's up:

https://soundcloud.c...ets/terry-moore

Terry Moore

3:00PM, October 10

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#37 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

Stephen Andrew just spent an hour on CFAX answering questions from callers. 

You should be able to locate the podcast here when it's up:

https://soundcloud.c...ets/terry-moore

Terry Moore

3:00PM, October 10

He's back in the door eh?

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Yes, they let him in twice today.

#39 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

AUDIO, about 8 minutes in.

#40 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Ida's chances at the mayor's seat are now precisely nil. :banana:

I know this has been mentioned before, but is Stephen a resident of the city of Victoria?

As I have previously stated, I can confirm that Stephen is a resident of Victoria (Burnside-Gorge Area) 

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users