Photo

Clover Point

• Please log in to reply
1112 replies to this topic

#341 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:21 PM

Council and the Mayor had a chance to be global trendsetters rather they cowered to the settlers. There was talk of even erecting a statue of mayor helps at clover point in recognition, however now that our hand has been called clover point will need to be recolonized in a less formal manor and unfortunately tears may be shed.

Are you related to Ron From Seattle ?

#342 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:35 PM

i glocked down there on my coffee break. it was too windy so i sturmed out of there.

I would have barrelled out of there, too.

• On the Level likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#343 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:16 PM

I would have barrelled out of there, too.

That's terrible. I want to clip you round the ear for that. Don't you have beretta things to do? If you can't think of a good pun then put a muzzle on it. Just butt out.

• North Shore likes this

#344 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:22 PM

I feel unfairly targeted here. I'd fire you if I could.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#345 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:26 PM

I'd fire you if I could.

On what charge? You wouldn't have a case. Dude, you're becoming a bore.

#346 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:30 PM

Alright alright, get a handle on yourself, I was just pointing out management can strike at any moment.

Know it all.

#347 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:44 PM

You two are a Target for ridicule.

#348 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:59 PM

If we keep this up we'll have an army of lurkers assaulting VV HQ with guns blazing.

So... nobody liked my idea for an elevated lawn above a slightly recessed parking deck, with paths for cycling and walking looping around on the water's edge where vehicles currently park?

#349 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 February 2021 - 03:03 PM

^ I like that, except for the likely cost because the CoV doesn't know how to do anything for less than 50x what it should cost.

• Nparker likes this

#350 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:02 PM

So far my picnics on the point haven't gone as well as planned. My first attempt involved an armful of unbuttered popcorn. That was a disaster. Then it was cheetos-on-a-platter day. Don't even ask.

Anyway, please wish me luck with the next one: crispy shrimp chips in a wire basket.

Stop complaining about Picnic Point. If you're going to be so fussy, maybe you should go to Nitpick Point.
  • aastra and Lorenzo like this

#351 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:07 PM

Are you related to Ron From Seattle ?

I'm really hoping the statue is a real thing, but it's so tough to tell the difference between satire and actual CoV policy.

#352 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,015 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

I'm really hoping the statue is a real thing, but it's so tough to tell the difference between satire and actual CoV policy.

Obviously satire. The statue of Mayor Helps is going up where the JAM statue was at City Hall.

• Mike K., aastra, Nparker and 1 other like this

#353 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

Stop complaining about Picnic Point. If you're going to be so fussy, maybe you should go to Nitpick Point.

Sorry, I know I can be a blowhard. It's just wind, don't take it seriously.

• rmpeers likes this

#354 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:45 PM

Aww..shoot!...I can't think of any punny remarks!

Edited by tommy, 12 February 2021 - 07:45 PM.

#355 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,083 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

It is 4 a.m. and I am so angry at Victoria city council that I have to write this email.

I dislike big cities, we moved from Toronto 46 years ago. Until the past six years or so, Victoria, in spite of population growth, had retained its safe, friendly, small town feeling.

Not any more.

Now again Mayor Lisa Helps and her cronies want to rob us of another of our gems that make this city the Victoria that we love.

Clover Point is unique, being so close to the city centre, yet, when you have even 15 minutes to drive down there and maybe eat your lunch, it is so relaxing and refreshing.

Another unique thing is that I have never visited Clover Point and been unable to park, there are so many spots, and many people just stay for a short time. Even on a cold windy day it is beautiful.

Not everyone has the time or maybe the ability to park and walk a few hundred yards to enjoy a quick lunch, and sitting in your car on a clifftop overlooking the ocean is not the same. Please don’t remove this pleasure from our senior citizens who may not be disabled, but enjoy this from the comfort of their car.

City council made some bad decisions prior to COVID, but with the traumatic stress they are now under, maybe they should be considered unfit to hold further council meetings till COVID is passed, There must be some benefits from COVID.

Maybe the next council will be Helpsless

Peter Gill

Saanich

https://www.vicnews....-a-quick-break/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 February 2021 - 12:00 PM.

• rjag, A Girl is No one and jrm like this

#356 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 12:36 PM

...maybe they should be considered unfit to hold further council meetings till COVID is passed...

I'd argue that council is as fit as they ever were, but that doesn't mean many of them have ever had the best interests of the majority of the citizens of Victoria in mind.

#357 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:25 PM

'S funny, but I usually go down there on windy/stormy days...and that's when I find that there's no/little parking space..

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#358 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:27 PM

That's terrible. I want to clip you round the ear for that. Don't you have beretta things to do? If you can't think of a good pun then put a muzzle on it. Just butt out.

i don't want to be a heckler, but you guys are really browning me off!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#359 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:43 PM

It is 4 a.m. and I am so angry at Victoria city council that I have to write this email.

I dislike big cities, we moved from Toronto 46 years ago. Until the past six years or so, Victoria, in spite of population growth, had retained its safe, friendly, small town feeling.

Not any more.

Now again Mayor Lisa Helps and her cronies want to rob us of another of our gems that make this city the Victoria that we love.

Clover Point is unique, being so close to the city centre, yet, when you have even 15 minutes to drive down there and maybe eat your lunch, it is so relaxing and refreshing.

Another unique thing is that I have never visited Clover Point and been unable to park, there are so many spots, and many people just stay for a short time. Even on a cold windy day it is beautiful.

Not everyone has the time or maybe the ability to park and walk a few hundred yards to enjoy a quick lunch, and sitting in your car on a clifftop overlooking the ocean is not the same. Please don’t remove this pleasure from our senior citizens who may not be disabled, but enjoy this from the comfort of their car.

City council made some bad decisions prior to COVID, but with the traumatic stress they are now under, maybe they should be considered unfit to hold further council meetings till COVID is passed, There must be some benefits from COVID.

Maybe the next council will be Helpsless

Peter Gill

Saanich

https://www.vicnews....-a-quick-break/

My fear is that council will read "Please don’t remove this pleasure from our senior citizens" and think "yes! It's just as we planned it! #settlertears"

#360 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:41 PM

We are moving away from a car centric focus in Victoria and opening areas up to all including cars and people with other considerations (including mobility).

You can please some of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but no council decision can please all of the people all of the time.

Let council know you views and rational.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users