Photo

Should Government Street become a pedestrian boulevard?

Government st Poll Pedestrian new urbanism Government street pedestrian mall

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Government street become a pedestrian boulevard (118 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Government street become a pedestrian boulevard from Yates street to Humbolt street (Allowing restricted single lane traffic)?

1. Yes (75 votes [63.56%])

Percentage of vote: 63.56%

2. No (29 votes [24.58%])

Percentage of vote: 24.58%

3. Depends (14 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1041 marks_28

marks_28
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:06 PM

Contrary to popular belief, there is still lots of parking available. I shop downtown often and have yet to have issues with homeless people. Except one time I was sitting on a picnic table on Govt Street during the summer, and likely a homeless individual sat next to me and explained how the government was brainwashing all of us through chem trails... but besides that, nothing really.
  • Matt R. likes this

#1042 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:34 PM

When my daughter was a teen she was a volunteer down at the cruise ship terminal and the folks all dressed up in "Victorian" clothing. Sorry, I had a giggle thinking of the homeless doing that, bad bad me.

I would pay to see councilors greeting tourists, while dressed as historical figures. Isitt as Sir John A McDonald. You want a vibrant downtown? That's the ticket right there. I will 100% support a car-free Government Street if it features Sir Ben A. greeting people in character.
  • Nparker likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)