BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#901 MikeR

MikeR
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

Based on how slow the railings are going in this does not look promising for November. I am doing a deficiency walk-through on an 8th floor unit for a client on Tuesday and will get an update then.

Hi Marko. New to vibrant. Just wondering if you have any updates on the occupancy permits for terrace and podium? Thanks!

#902 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the insight, I suppose everyone expects their new property to look like the promos, and don't understand it was a rendering, therefore more perfect than reality.

50lb dogs though, why would anyone cram that poor animal inside a condo :(

~ Jasmine ~

#903 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,783 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:44 AM

Hi Marko. New to vibrant. Just wondering if you have any updates on the occupancy permits for terrace and podium? Thanks!

They will know more next week when the city inspector comes through but based on the amount of work left I doubt anyone is moving in in November. My personal guess is the terrace/podium starts in December sometime.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#904 Bell bottoms

Bell bottoms
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

The Web camera has not been available for 2 days, anybody know what is wrong?

#905 aastra

aastra
  • 20,792 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:44 PM

Some sort of deficiency?

#906 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:12 AM

The Web camera has not been available for 2 days, anybody know what is wrong?

It was being used by some spiders for Halloween.

#907 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

They will know more next week when the city inspector comes through but based on the amount of work left I doubt anyone is moving in in November. My personal guess is the terrace/podium starts in December sometime.

Do you figure the tower will be completed before or after?

#908 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:10 AM

New member. Retiring to Terrace building at Encore, from Saskatchewan. Moved from West Coast for work many years ago. Really looking forward to leaving the winter here for Victoria activities! Does anyone have an update on the city inspection for completion of the Terrace building? I can't see the progress anymore as the cam has been down for quite a few days now. Sure would be great to get some sort of notice of completion before end November. Thank you. As an aside, anyone know why the cam is still down.

#909 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:18 AM

Is anyone able to post a picture of the front of the Encore Terrace Building and Podium to show an update? I am interested to know if the fencing is still around the Terrace building and if the final concrete slab has been poured in front of the podium building.

#910 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

The fencing is still up on the entire site, including the small building. The entrance isn't complete yet.

The line painters have been in painting all the underground parking lines.

The underground parking driveway doesn't have lights installed yet. The garage door isn't in place. I can't imagine anyone will move in until there is place for residents to park.

• Brownhorsey123 likes this

#911 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

Is anyone able to post a picture of the front of the Encore Terrace Building and Podium to show an update? I am interested to know if the fencing is still around the Terrace building and if the final concrete slab has been poured in front of the podium building.

I take my dog to the park beside the building every day, I'll snap some pictures this weekend so I can do it in the day light.

• Brownhorsey123 likes this

#912 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

I take my dog to the park beside the building every day, I'll snap some pictures this weekend so I can do it in the day light.

Thank you very much. If you are able to post some updated pics on this site, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be appreciative. :)

• Mattjvd likes this

#913 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

The fencing is still up on the entire site, including the small building. The entrance isn't complete yet.

The line painters have been in painting all the underground parking lines.

The underground parking driveway doesn't have lights installed yet. The garage door isn't in place. I can't imagine anyone will move in until there is place for residents to park.

Sounds like, as someone else said, we're looking at at least beginning December, then, for Completion notice. Thanks for update.

#914 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:31 PM

Any word on tower completion? @MarkoJ  I think you mentioned you were doing walk throughs of the tower..

Edited by songheesguy, 08 November 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#915 Stew8

Stew8
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

Any word on tower completion? @MarkoJ  I think you mentioned you were doing walk throughs of the tower..

I'm doing my walk through in the tower on the 15th. Will ask about completion if no one can update beforehand. Thanks.  

• Bell bottoms and songheesguy like this

#916 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

My daughter is looking to buy a unit in there so Im sure there will be quite a few popping up for sale after completion with the spec/ foreign buyer tax coming int effect January 1st if they are completed by then.

#917 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,783 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

Nov 9th

Attached Images

• IMG_8862.jpg
  • IMG_8864.jpg
  • IMG_8866.jpg
  • IMG_8867.jpg
  • IMG_8870.jpg
  • IMG_8873.jpg
  • IMG_8874.jpg

Edited by MarkoJ, 09 November 2018 - 05:19 PM.

• Bell bottoms, Kungsberg, songheesguy and 1 other like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#918 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:00 AM

Nov 9th

Thanks for posting updated pics. Much appreciated being able to get a look!  Doesn't look promising for Completion in Terrace building before end Nov. But I'm no expert on construction completion rates.

#919 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for posting updated pics. Much appreciated being able to get a look!  Doesn't look promising for Completion in Terrace building before end Nov. But I'm no expert on construction completion rates.

It's definitely a possibility. There is lots of workers there right now and they are working 6 days a week. I was told yesterday the tower will be ready mid to end of January....so that means February

#920 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:18 AM

It's definitely a possibility. There is lots of workers there right now and they are working 6 days a week. I was told yesterday the tower will be ready mid to end of January....so that means February

Thanks. I would like to leave the snow in Saskatoon sooner rather than later. LOL!

• songheesguy likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users