Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:28 AM

I’m CJ Parker this year.

No relation to me.

#144 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:37 AM

No relation to me.

Some people stand in the darkness afraid to step into the light some people need to have somebody on the edge of surrenders inside. Don't you worry.

#145 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:03 AM

'That ruins everything': Disappointment, confusion as some Quebec towns and cities postpone Halloween

Opinion is mixed as to whether it was a good idea for municipalities to cancel Halloween festivities

Now that dozens of Quebec municipalities have urged trick-or-treaters to hold off until Friday due to the weather, the debate has begun: Was it a good idea?

Parts of southern Quebec are under weather warnings, with rain, wind and even snow in the forecast. In the Montreal area, 50 to 80 millimetres of rain is expected to fall by Friday morning.

The possibility of heavy rain and high winds — forecasters were predicting wind gusts of up to 90 km/h yesterday — prompted many cities and towns to move things around for safety reasons.

Others, including Quebec City, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Montreal-West and Châteauguay, are going ahead with their festivities.

Toronto took a jab at Montreal's decision, with the office of Mayor John Tory saying it has no plans to "mess with Halloween."

(The city is also expecting messy weather, though not as much wind or rain as Montreal.)

"Mayor Tory hopes families across the city have a fun Halloween night, and assures kids that their costumes are still great even if they have a coat on as well," the mayor's office said in a statement.

With a smile, Quebec Premier François Legault​​​ said this was one controversy he would avoid.

"I wish all of our children to have fun tonight or tomorrow night," he told reporters in Quebec City. "I'll let the municipalities take the decision."

https://www.cbc.ca/n...uebec-1.5342247

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 31 October 2019 - 10:04 AM.

#146 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

Best part is all of the candy will be 90% off tomorrow.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#147 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:29 PM

Somehow I think most stores in that area will hold off on discounts for a day...

#148 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

some type of a mummy cat has been found on fort street.

#149 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:50 PM

I wonder if we’ll get kids tonight. Last year was a big fat zero. This year I’m sitting in the driveway with my Guy Fawkes mask waiting for them. Smile and all, Zepp blasting in the background.
  • vortoozo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#150 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

Don't you live in the boonies now?

#151 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

^He's giving out small bottles of Husqvarna 2-Stroke Chainsaw Oil.

• Mike K. and Matt R. like this

#152 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

The little kids were done about an hour ago in our Selkirk neighborhood; a few sporadic firecrackers going off on the other side of the water from us, otherwise pretty tame on the Gorge. I thought downtown was oddly 'non-Halloween like' today. Usually its common to see lots of folks out in costume on October 31 but for the most part not so much this year it seemed.

#153 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

As I mentioned before, there is major infrastructure work going on in Gordon Head. Streets are completely blocked as Saanich replaces sewers and storm drains. Tensions can get heated as just getting your car out of the driveway means dump trucks and backhoes have to move. And it's been going on for months.

But this neighbour takes it in stride. Workers got a kick out of his display featuring bony workers--one surveying, one digging and one supervising.

dig.jpg

• Mike K., todd, grantpalin and 1 other like this

#154 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

No kids yet again, but we did wrangle a runaway dog that fled from some place up the road. The poor gal was terrified of firework noises and I guess escaped her yard somehow. We gave her water and let her roam the yard until she calmed down. Eventually we heard what turned out to be her owner calling for a dog and he was reunited with his pup.

Our Wedgie was dressed up as a prawn tonight. Definitely not a fan of costumes, that cat.

Know it all.

#155 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:20 PM

Don't you live in the boonies now?

Yup. Just coons and stray dogs out this way, I guess.

Know it all.

#156 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

I thought downtown was oddly 'non-Halloween like' today. Usually its common to see lots of folks out in costume on October 31 but for the most part not so much this year it seemed.

for the last couple of years they did a pumpkin displays  (lots of stores carve pumpkins and people can vote on their fave) and halloween trick or treating in the downtown core but i didn't hear anything about either of those happening this year, though i will say the event wasn't well managed (stores pumpkins were rotting by halloween, stores were not informed of the trick or treating event though their names were listed on the paper as offering candy, there was no obvious marking on business doors that were participating, were not provided with the info of times or candy)

#157 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

I’m CJ Parker this year.

F0E62C20-0B20-411C-888B-A1DC94AA8297.jpeg
98C60911-46B9-4D33-A60E-D4D29072DBAD.jpeg

Pamela Anderson is being questioned for her halloween costume photos she has released.

https://youtu.be/PldT2jq7ApM

Edited by todd, 02 November 2019 - 10:03 AM.

#158 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:48 PM

Just a 'little number' I threw on for Hallowe'en 2006 at work; the girls in the office thought "Cher" should put in an appearance and had quite the time doing my hair, makeup and nails. At 270 pounds we all agreed, thankfully, that I would forego the high heels.

This wasn't the worst of it; this was at Coast Capital Savings when I worked there, and my boss at the time who was quite the prankster, thought in addition to humiliating me in drag I should - and did - serenade the senior CCS management group in the Surrey boardroom over our IP phone system with a cute signature number called "I got you Babe!".

Needless to say I got a raise that year commensurate with my embarrassment. The get-up was fine....the singing OTOH was a whole other level of awful. Worst of all somewhere, someone has the whole dreadful performance on tape.....

Attached Images

• Cher.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#159 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

I like what they did in Taiwan today: dress up as normal people in everyday situations

https://twitter.com/...385304041521152

BTW, nobody is wearing a mask because Taiwan is 200 days without a Covid case.

#160 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

Just a 'little number' I threw on for Hallowe'en 2006 at work; the girls in the office thought "Cher" should put in an appearance and had quite the time doing my hair, makeup and nails...

You'd have the trans community after you today, not to mention rabid Cher fans.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users