• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,655 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

i think it's just easy to forget the big wharf lot(s). entry is just after you have committed to the turn onto fort.  but yes after 4pm and all weekend there is lots of space.

Those lots frankly never occurred to me, or for that matter to any of the other 3 drivers in the truck at the time; nor apparently to the dozens of other cars in the immediate area vainly jostling for an street spot. As for the small surface lot off Fort it was full.

#42 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,655 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

Library parkade has loads of space on a Saturday night and is quite well patrolled. But I know the feeling about autopilot on Fort...Its amazing how much I avoid Fort these days now that its like a goat track 

Other good spot if you can get it, is the small block on Courtney between Wharf and Government, after 6pm the commercial zones are available

Now_that I didn't know; thanks for that Rich. I would never have guessed.

#43 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

some people read the commercial parking signs and just become confused and thus avoid them out of caution. so are often vacant even when available to general cars.

#44 aastra

aastra
  • 14,071 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

What about the parkade under Harbour Square/Court?

#45 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,655 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

/\....Didn't know about that one honestly; it does seem after you get married parking downtown, at night, on a weekend, is not something you tend to do very often, heh.

Raising kids/picking up kids/dropping off kids/homework/home renovations/gardening/grocery shopping/looking after the family vehicles/taking pets to the vet and 101 other domestic things generally mean if you're very lucky you get to go out, and park, at night, on a weekend - maybe - about once a year. Last time I did it was last September so I seem to be batting for average here.... :)

#46 lanforod

lanforod
  • 6,815 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

Everytime I go downtown these days is after 4 PM and I can pretty much always find a spot in one of the parkades. Did you check the parkades, as it sounds more like you were looking for street parking...

#47 m3m

m3m
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

The Courtney/Wharf commercial spots are overtaken by the Customs House construction presently.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users