• Please log in to reply
11591 replies to this topic

#5221 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 August 2021 - 07:54 AM

Last month my dealer offered me a $15k premium over what I paid in January to buy my car back as he has buyers at $25 over

My response would be 'Thanks, I'll list it privately for 20k over'. :D

I wonder how much a 17 year old Subaru wagon would fetch these days :D  

• Mike K. and rjag like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5222 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:04 AM

You might be surprised. That vintage of vehicle, in good condition, is in high demand.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5223 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:25 AM

So I get twice KBB value for it and I still spend more to finance an electric car than my gas bill :D

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5224 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:55 AM

KBB is a scam designed to price trade-in value absurdly low, and dealer re-sale value much, much higher.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5225 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:20 AM

big day tomorrow!  i'm sure mike has booked the time off.

TESLA A.I. DAY: WHAT TO KNOW AND LIVESTREAM INFO FOR ELON MUSK'S HUGE EVENT

Tesla is set to host an artificial intelligence day. The event will likely detail some of its latest advancements

https://www.inverse....on/tesla-ai-day

838650.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 August 2021 - 11:24 AM.

#5226 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:36 PM

my daughter is tripping up hwy 1 in california  in her new VW I.D.4 and sez from very low range to 80% took 1/2 hour at electrify america

plus it is free for 3 years

• rjag likes this

#5227 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 08:58 PM

Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk on Thursday said the electric automaker will probably launch a "Tesla Bot" humanoid robot prototype next year, designed for dangerous, repetitive, or boring work that people don't like to do.

Speaking at Tesla's AI Day event, the billionaire entrepreneur said the robot, which stands around five foot eight inches tall, would be able to handle jobs from attaching bolts to cars with a wrench, or picking up groceries at stores.

The robot would have "profound implications for the economy," Musk said, addressing a labour shortage. He said it was important to make the machine not "super-expensive."

https://www.usnews.c...g-computer-dojo

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 August 2021 - 08:59 PM.

#5228 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 09:14 PM

A new report from Electric Autonomy Canada confirms what EV drivers have long believed – An electric car travels five times further than ICE cars for the same cost.

https://electricauto...ance-travelled/

#5229 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 09:53 PM

When Tesla talks about using its advanced technology in applications outside of cars, we didn’t think he was talking about robot slaves. That’s not an exaggeration.

________

It’s intended to be friendly, of course, and navigate a world built for humans,” said Musk. “We’re setting it such that at a mechanical and physical level, you can run away from it and most likely overpower it.”

Because everyone is definitely afraid of getting beat up by a robot that’s truly had enough, right?

https://techcrunch.c...s-tesla-ai-day/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 August 2021 - 09:55 PM.

#5230 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 01:52 PM

Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk on Thursday said the electric automaker will probably launch a "Tesla Bot" humanoid robot prototype next year, designed for dangerous, repetitive, or boring work that people don't like to do.

Having s*x with Musk himself?! :banana:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#5231 LJ

LJ
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:21 PM

Chevrolet is recalling all of it's Bolts due to fire risk.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#5232 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:23 AM

Strangely, my 2002 E class is still running perfectly with just an annual maintence. 

I figure I will look at electric when it gives up the ghost. 

#5233 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:35 AM

That’ll run forever. You have to put water into the gas tank to muck that thing up.

Know it all.

#5234 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:43 AM

GM now recommends that until customers receive new battery modules, they should set their vehicle to a maximum 90 percent state of charge, charge their vehicle more frequently and not allow it below 70 miles of range, and park the vehicle outside immediately after charging. Reiterating a previous caution, GM warns against charging the vehicle inside the garage overnight.

Between the two recall efforts, GM could potentially be replacing all the battery modules—or full packs, as it may turn out—in more than 140,000 Bolt EVs in North America, of which more than 110,000 are in the U.S.

https://www.greencar...ry-bolt-ev-made

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 August 2021 - 06:43 AM.

#5235 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 04:16 AM

byd dolphin:

The problem with those prices is that they include an RMB13,000 ($2,008) government subsidy. That means the price without incentives would be RMB109,800 ($16,959). That would still make it one of the cheapest cars for sale in the U.S., according to Cars.com's list. It would be more affordable than the Kia Rio LX, which costs $17,045.

The good news is that the U.S. also offers a federal tax credit for electric cars. If the BYD Dolphin were sold in that market, it would be eligible to $7,500, which would drop its price to $9,459. In other words, the BYD could bring a car cheaper than $10,000 back to the American market.

byd-dolphin.jpg

https://www.autoevol...-us-167545.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 August 2021 - 04:17 AM.

#5236 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:02 AM

The Tesla Model Y invasion of Europe begins

Elon Musk, for his part, seems very confident about the Model Y’s potential. Back in April, Musk noted that the Model Y could very well be the world’s best-selling vehicle based on revenue in 2022. By 2023, Musk noted that the Model Y could probably be the world’s best-selling vehicle by total number of units sold annually by 2023. 

https://www.teslarat...nvasion-begins/

A year before the pandemic in 2019, the top-selling car in the world was the Toyota Corolla with over 1.2 million models sold that year, calculated Statista.

In 2020, Tesla nearly produced 500,000 vehicles in total. Tesla Gigafactory Texas and Giga Berlin Model Y production could help the company reach sales numbers closer to the Toyota Corolla’s 2019 top-selling record. Giga Shanghai has already started Model Y production and will probably make significant contributions to meet Tesla’s goal for the product.

“Model Y production rate in Shanghai continues to improve quickly and two new factories Berlin and Texas are making progress,” wrote Tesla in its Update Letter for Q1 2021.

https://www.teslarat...st-selling-car/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 August 2021 - 08:04 AM.

#5237 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:15 AM

Here we go, another meaningless claim that won't be met.

Know it all.

#5238 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:32 AM

Here we go, another meaningless claim that won't be met.

i think what you fail to see is the snowball effect.  volkswagon (9.3 million per year) or chevrolet (6.76m) have no snowball effect as we've had their cars in existence forever.  but the more tesla's that get out there - combined with it's very strong user satisfaction - spreads the word fast.

tesla is not even in the top 20 brands in the world for unit volume yet their models are selling super fast.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 August 2021 - 08:33 AM.

#5239 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:45 AM

I agree, the snowball effect from Musk's over-promising and under-delivering is quite the thing.

Know it all.

#5240 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:57 AM

https://backlinko.com/tesla-stats

it's already by far the biggest EV seller.  and worldwide.  the cars have worldwide appeal.  

byd and sgmw have no north american or european appeal.

and again the growth is like no other car company.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 August 2021 - 09:00 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)