UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Belmont Market Shopping Centre
Uses: commercial, office
Address: Jacklin Road at Jenkins Road
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 1
Belmont Market Shopping Centre is comprised of 160,000 square feet of commercial space with a Thrifty Foods gr... (view full profile)
Learn more about Belmont Market Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Belmont Market | Commercial; rentals, condos | Under construction

Under Construction

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#181 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

^so how long you been holding that in? That post was from June. It's only far, there is plenty of Victoria bashing on here.

I've read this thread EVERY DAY SINCE JUNE and I eventually just blew up about it now.

No, not really. I just read it! But I still think it's not good.

#182 victoriassecret

victoriassecret
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

It's just par for the course for Victorian snobbery. Most of them can't even stand driving more than 10 minutes without needing to pack a lunch. 

#183 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Stew wants other municipalities to step up and spend some money.
People moan and drool about non Victorians using the JSB and that they should pay something for using it but on the other hand Langford is now the go to municipality for shopping and recreation and its mostly outsiders complaining that there is no skate park.
Colwood can step up on this one.

Wow... and here it was I thought I was offering a way for me not to have to go there anymore.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#184 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

It's just par for the course for Victorian snobbery. Most of them can't even stand driving more than 10 minutes without needing to pack a lunch.

Yeah, no. It's nothing for me to decide to drive to Coombs for the day to do my shopping, and even without a packed lunch!
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#185 victoriassecret

victoriassecret
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

they've been actually digging lately on the lot but it's not looking like this will open in july.

#186 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

So, I here the completion date for phase 1 is now summer 2018.

I'm calling BS.

• Nparker likes this

#187 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

No that is what you want, and there is lots of that in western North America for you and those who value what you do. Other folks want walkable shopping experience with lots of people, coffee shops, restaurants, bars. If I'm sitting at the coffee shop there is little as depressing as looking out at a big parking lot.

Except the nice walkable shopping experience is not what Victoria has to offer.

There is also other factors for "putting up with " parking lots (besides being able to park).  If you want to pull out the table saw and build something with your kids, let them help you change the oil in your car, or help them plant whatever they choose to grow in the garden; those are memories for both you and your kids....and skills they come away with.  If so, you move to areas of Saanich, Sidney or the West Shore.  

You can't do that in your condo downtown.  You can however take your kids for a walk to Starbucks through pot smoke filled sidewalks and watch an old man urinate in his pants while he demands change from your child.  That's a learning experience I guess, just not the same as the ones I want my kids to look back at.

Edited by On the Level, 03 March 2017 - 11:12 PM.

• VicHockeyFan, sebberry and RFS like this

#188 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

^Thats Awesome and true

• sebberry likes this

#189 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

If you want to pull out the table saw and build something with your kids, let them help you change the oil in your car, or help them plant whatever they choose to grow in the garden; those are memories for both you and your kids....

hmmn, not to sure how excited my kids would have been changing oil in car or digging in the dirt and I would guess the percentage of people who actually do that with their kids is pretty small.

Although we do have memories of going down to fisherman's wharf on Sunday afternoons, playing in beacon hill park, going to the the symphony splash, Canada Day, Santa Clause parade, taking in plays, concerts, hockey games ...

Living downtown if not for everyone, but neither is living in the suburbs, each to their own and respect the others.

• Nparker, sebberry, Jill and 2 others like this

#190 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

I was learning how to change brakes and oil and other simple car maintenance procedures by they time I was 10.

2 years ago my brakes went metal to metal on a road trip and I had to change my front brakes in a Canadian Tire parking lot in Prince George

• sebberry and On the Level like this

#191 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

I was learning how to change brakes and oil and other simple car maintenance procedures by they time I was 10.

2 years ago my brakes went metal to metal on a road trip and I had to change my front brakes in a Canadian Tire parking lot in Prince George

Most people have regular maintenance done on their cars so they never get to such a dangerous state.

• Matt R. likes this

#192 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Most people have regular maintenance done on their cars so they never get to such a dangerous state.

Why pay the mechanic to change your brake pads when you can teach your kids how to do it in your driveway? 

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#193 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

it was the metal l warning tabs that scrape the rotor nothing to do with maintenance they are there for that reason. Ill teach you about it if you like.

You can google it ....all kinds of info on it for you

#194 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

Anyway.....

We're in a project thread.  There are plenty of other threads for this sort of quality of lifestyle discussion.  :) 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#195 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

we were discussing large parking lots one of which will be part of this development.

A parking lot like any other in suburban areas

#196 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

Why pay the mechanic to change your brake pads when you can teach your kids how to do it in your driveway? 

Why pay someone to fix your plumbing when you teach your kids to do it?

Why pay someone to fix your computer when you can teach your kids to do it?

why pay someone to replace your roof when you can teach your kids to do it?

Why pay someone to fix the furnace when you can teach your kids to do it?

Why pay someone to tune the piano when you can teach your kids to do it?

My daughter drives an EV Car, she would be looking back now thinking what a waste of time I spent learning how to change oil when I drive a car that does not even take oil ;)

What we might consider a life skill to you or me is considered a waste of time to someone else when you can pay someone a few bucks to do it for you allowing you to focus on what you really enjoy doing (or consider a life skill).

• Nparker likes this

#197 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

it was the metal l warning tabs that scrape the rotor nothing to do with maintenance they are there for that reason. Ill teach you about it if you like.

haaah, I would not waste my valuable time on something I have no interest in,  besides regular maintenance would have told me my brakes were due for changing.

I do plenty of stuff on my own, like wiring my house for cat5, building decks, fences, fish ponds, landscaping,  etc I do it because I enjoy doing it not to save a few bucks, even though I do.

I do not consider these "life skils" same as changing the oil or brakes in your car are I do not consider a "life skill"!

This afternoon I will be helping a young person with their second year computer science course, which given in this day and age I do consider a LIFE SKILL!

#198 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Well if your daughter drove her e -car to the Belmont Market Shopping Centre and went into the insurance place to get new plates for her car she should know how to use a screw driver to affix the new plates to the car because it would be ridiculous to call over a mechanic with tools to do it for her.

I believe there will be an insurance business located in the new Belmont Market Shopping Centre

• Matt R. likes this

#199 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

Well if your daughter drove her e -car to the Belmont Market Shopping Centre and went into the insurance place to get new plates for her car she should know how to use a screw driver to affix the new plates to the car because it would be ridiculous to call over a mechanic with tools to do it for her.

I believe there will be an insurance business located in the new Belmont Market Shopping Centre

LOL, seriously now, a screw driver? ... how long did it take you to figure out to use a screw driver ;)

#200 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

I was 4 years old

The Belmont Market Shopping Centre is in a good central location it will be the centre of Langford even though it sits right on the Colwood border. The old CNR line now called the galloping goose trail is the border

Edited by HB, 04 March 2017 - 10:02 AM.

• Matt R. and DavidSchell like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users