2018 City of Victoria election

• Please log in to reply
5915 replies to this topic

#5901 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:43 AM

I wish he would have issued a public apology after dragging Hammond down with such an awful accusation. The BC Elections investigation, or whatever it is, will run its course as well but all of that is irrelevant with the public only remembering 'something about Hammond paying off a fugitive,'

• Rob Randall, grantpalin and pennymurphy2000 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5902 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:58 AM

I wish he would have issued a public apology after dragging Hammond down with such an awful accusation...

From what little I gleaned about him during the election campaign, apologies of this nature are not "Big Mike's" style.

• Rob Randall likes this

#5903 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

Hammond not only had to deflect the negative light he was cast in by the Helps campaign, he also had to deflect a completely groundless accusation that he was aiding and abetting a fugitive of the law, as Geoghegan put it. Together with Geoghegan's sudden residency within the City of Victoria, despite him having run for Saanich council as a Saanich resident, just lent to the last election being unnecessarily controversial and at times awkward.

Hammond didn’t stand a chance unfortunately. Helps & together Victoria claimed that they ran a clean campaign- but they didn’t. They had their little minions, all closely linked to their campaigns, doing their dirty work on social media. Spreading lies about Hammond etc.

On top of that, new councils social media presence was weak in comparison with the others. The TV campaign was neatly packaged. Even though new council had better candidates- they certainly weren’t showcased well enough

#5904 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:32 PM

I was just reading that now Isitt thinks the city should bill the military for events such as Remembrance Day. And he made that announcement on the D-Day anniversary.

#5905 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

Isitt and his dog and pony show should be ashamed of themselves. They have totally crossed the line with this stupidity. I swear he is seriously trying to make such a fool of himself that there will be no chance of amalgamating with Saanich as he knows he would have to go and get a proper job.

Going to say it...Isitt has zero credibility anymore after this. He's an idiot and a dangerous idiot

Where are any of the 14,200 people that voted for this idiot? Stand up and defend him....I frigging dare you

Edited by rjag, 06 June 2019 - 06:46 PM.

• Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

#5906 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:48 PM

My absolute favourite thing about Sir Ben - he shuts down all of his social media when news breaks that he’s said something stupid -AGAIN. Oh and dodges the media. What’s he going to do when he’s mayor?
  • pennymurphy2000 likes this

#5907 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:02 PM

My absolute favourite thing about Sir Ben - he shuts down all of his social media when news breaks that he’s said something stupid -AGAIN. Oh and dodges the media. What’s he going to do when he’s mayor?

He's a coward...

• Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

#5908 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

...Isitt has zero credibility anymore after this. He's an idiot and a dangerous idiot. Where are any of the 14,200 people that voted for this idiot? Stand up and defend him....I frigging dare you

His followers will eat this **** up. They have about as much capacity for critical thinking as the MAGA hat wearing troglodytes south of the border.

#5909 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:27 PM

Isitt and his dog and pony show should be ashamed of themselves. They have totally crossed the line with this stupidity. I swear he is seriously trying to make such a fool of himself that there will be no chance of amalgamating with Saanich as he knows he would have to go and get a proper job.

Going to say it...Isitt has zero credibility anymore after this. He's an idiot and a dangerous idiot

Where are any of the 14,200 people that voted for this idiot? Stand up and defend him....I frigging dare you

...don't forget the four stooges that supported his motion...

• The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

#5910 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

The only member of Together Victoria to not support the motion was Dubow, then? Or was he not present at the meeting this morning.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5911 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:32 PM

The only member of Together Victoria to not support the motion was Dubow, then? Or was he not present at the meeting this morning.

As far as I know, the only ones opposed were Lisa, Geoff & Charlene
  • AndrewReeve likes this

#5912 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

...don't forget the four stooges that supported his motion...

• The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

...the text of my email to mayor and Council...  mayorandcouncil@victoria.ca

I have come to expect this kind of idiocy from Ben Isitt - but the four councillors supprorting this motion should be ashamed!

The amendment read: "That Council direct staff to engage DND/Veterans Affairs Canada officials to seek to recover costs associated with military events in the City."

"Those entities have substantially greater resources," Isitt told council. "I think responsibility for military commemoration and honouring veterans is more properly the responsibility of those federal agencies."

The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

#5913 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

Collins, Potts and Loveday I can see would subscribe to this lunacy...but Alto? Are you sure? Where was Dubow?

#5914 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

I realize we have two conversations going on regarding Isitt’s DND motion. Please use this thread from this point forward in relation to that discussion: https://vibrantvicto...ussion/page-123

Know it all.

#5915 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:40 AM

Mike Geoghegan said he would make Victoria a better place and by moving all the way to Williams Lake he has fulfilled that promise and we are grateful.

Post of the week for sure.
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#5916 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

I have no personal beef with Geoghegan. We probably see eye-to-eye on a lot of issues. But his dirty tricks campaign of unfounded accusations disgust me and we all have a duty to ensure this type of BS stays out of municipal politics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users