BUILT
Oaks at Bellewood Park
Use: condo
Address: 1201 Fort Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (sub-penthouse, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Bellewood Park offers a unique opportunity to experience nature – a place from which one can engage with the... (view full profile)
Learn more about Oaks at Bellewood Park on Citified.ca
Photo

[Rockland] Oaks, Cypress and Townhomes at Bellewood Park | Condos, townhomes | 6 and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2022

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#501 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:57 PM

No comments from the professionals selling? You all seem to post on anything that is selling out? Wink wink

#502 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 07:02 PM

Well deserved, for sure

ABSTRACT DEVELOPMENTS WINS GREEN BUILDER OF THE YEAR AT 2021 CARE AWARDS

[VICTORIA, BC] Abstract Developments has been named Green Builder of the Year by the Vancouver Island Residential Builders Association (VRBA) at the 30th annual CARE Awards.

Held at the Fairmont Empress and hosted by CFAX 1070, the CARE Awards celebrate leaders in sustainable West Coast design and construction.

“The ability to celebrate the achievements of our peers in the development and construction industries is always inspiring, and I would like to congratulate the other winners” said Mike Miller, President and CEO of Abstract Developments. “We are especially proud to be named Green Builder of the Year by the VREB given the commitment our company has made to sustainable building practices.”

Green Builder of the Year recognizes the outstanding contribution of members of the residential construction industry towards the advancement of quality housing through green building practices.

“We are in the midst of a climate crisis, which makes acting as leaders in sustainable building practices extremely important to us,” said Miller. “While locating new higher density housing options near existing services and infrastructure can help reduce Greenhouse Gases, additional considerations like rain gardens, high efficiency fixtures, and electric vehicle charging help to reduce the carbon footprint of our projects.”

The Province of British Columbia introduced the BC Energy Step Code to provide an energy efficiency framework for builders and developers to ensure that standards are met. Abstract Developments has committed to all their projects meeting or exceeding Step Code 3, which ensures a 50% increase in energy efficiency over the standard BC Building Code requirements.

To learn more about these and other awards that Abstract Developments has won in 2021, please visit https://abstractdeve...ut/recognition/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#503 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 03:29 PM

I walked pased this afternoon.  It looks complete.  Have they occupied the second building now?  Is it sold out?

#504 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 07:19 AM

They hope to get the occupancy permit this week.

Apparently only two units left: Penthouse on NE corner of Cypress; and a sub-penthouse on west side of Oaks.

Now is your chance.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#505 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 07:24 AM

Maybe Barrister will buy both.

#506 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:31 AM

Sorry, Canadian real estate is not my first priority as an investment. But if it was I would buy into the new condos on Oak Bay where the former Garden Works stood. Nut lots of experts on here that know better than me.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#507 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:45 AM

That would be a solid investment, I agree.

Anywhere that supply is heavily limited or unlikely but demand is naturally high is advantageous from that perspective.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#508 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 03 March 2022 - 08:05 AM

Bellewood-4.jpg

A luxurious penthouse at Abstract Developments' Bellewood Park in Rockland is one of three remaining condominium homes at the 83-suite project nearing completion along upper Fort Street. Known as Penthouse Five, the residence is part of Abstract's exclusive Luxury Collection delivering the highest standard of quality and finishings to the Capital's residential market.

Sneak peek: Luxury 'Penthouse Five' residence at Rockland's Bellewood Park to be unveiled at Sunday open house

Know it all.

#509 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 02:26 PM

So now that Bellewoods is complete, where and when will we see another concrete boutique build in the area of Rockland, Fairfield, CSV?  Other than what has already been approved like Aragon's/Pendergast.

#510 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 08:32 PM

Hopefully nowhere. 

#511 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 03:14 PM

Although I didn't like the brickwork initially, I now think it almost blends with the surroundings and trees. If it were a solid color, it would stick out for sure. 

Hopefully nowhere?

Victoria needs to change and be relevant. For those that want to stay stagnant, you will just grow old and bitter.  Like so many.

• freedom_2008 likes this

#512 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 06:32 PM

See, I told y'all the brickwork would end up looking good.

Know it all.

#513 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:58 PM

I was talking with a friend today who has moved into the Oaks building. Apparently the hot water system failed today due to a "malfunctioning fan" and they have been told that there will be no hot water until Thursday, at the earliest, because some parts are being shipped from Toronto. You would think that they might try to expedite the restoral of service.

The newly moved in owners of the Oaks building are livid.

#514 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 12:42 AM

Yes, usually there would be some redundancy built in.

#515 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 04:43 PM

Went for another up close and personal look at this place. I really like it. Walking through the middle of the grounds there seem to be some units that almost look like commercial units? I guess those are common areas?

Actually, the thing that might bug me most now is all of the white on the upper levels of the townhouses. I guess the last time I went back there I didn't clue in that the exterior colour was not final. To my eye it looked better dressed in something more subdued rather than in very bright & plain white.

#516 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 05:43 PM

My friend says water was restored Thursday as was the schedule.  I guess there could or should be a redundancy, but do any buildings that are boutique in size have that sort of configuration??  Certainly would add to the overall cost of a build.  I was told pails and dry wipes were provided.  Good thing gas stoves were available to heat the ICE cold water.

#517 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,328 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 05:04 AM

Rare opportunity in the Boutique style 23 Unit Cypress Building of Abstract Developments acclaimed 2 Acre - Bellewood Park development in the idyllic Rockland Neighbourhood just minutes outside of Downtown Victoria or Oak Bay Village. Built in 2021 this 2 Bed / 2 Bath Luxury Condo shows like new, offers one level living with very efficient floor plan, Fantastic Kitchen with Wolf Gas Stove & Fisher-Paykel 2 drawer Dishwasher, one S/U Parking Stall + large storage locker, excellent walk-score of 86, High Quality Finishing and an overall feeling of elegance. The home opens to a huge 369 sq. ft. sunny / west facing private patio with built in heater + natural gas outlet for the BBQ – an incredible outdoor living space for those who like to entertain. This special property offers tremendous value @ - $124K below the BC Assessment and is sure to impress. 

$840,000

https://www.realtor....ctoria-rockland

841 sqft

Total Parking Spaces

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 September 2023 - 05:05 AM.

#518 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 05:59 AM

Typical box in a hive,

#519 Brighton

Brighton
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:26 AM

victoria2.jpg victoria3.jpg

#520 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:30 AM

I am still not a fan of the brick cladding.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users