Photo

Saanich EDPA

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 48,147 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

And he might not be a Saanch resident.  City documents in the past have him in an apartment on Pendergast in CoV.

#242 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • 48,147 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

I kind of question how big this group is.  Searches come up blank for Homeowners for the EDPA.

#243 rjag

rjag
  • 2,922 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

On the local Governance FB page yesterday Benn Kerr made a claim that the directors of SCRES were developers of which 2 lived in the Uplands (not sure what that has to do with this unless its to make out they arent progressives so therefore should be villified) no mention of whether these evil people actually owned land inside the EDPA or not. It was pointed out by a few folks who these folks were (i.e. one of the owners of Rootcellar) and he changed his comment. Wasnt following the thread so closely while this took place but it flashed up and within a few mins it was changed.

If this bylaw is repealed, the sky will not fall, the sun will still rise tomorrow and perhaps this will be an opportunity for a reasoned approach to creating an environmental policy that doesnt run roughshod over a homeowner who wants to extend their patio or do some landscaping

#244 Benn

Benn
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

Rjag why would an Oak Bay resident be lobbying against a bylaw in Saanich?
  • VicHockeyFan and rjag like this

#245 rjag

rjag
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Rjag why would an Oak Bay resident be lobbying against a bylaw in Saanich?

I have no idea, you should ask him? Perhaps he owns property in Saanich that he is concerned about, perhaps he is doing this because his parents or his in-laws are affected and they are seniors and he is being an advocate.....there are a myriad of reasons why someone in a neighbouring municipality may express an interest and get involved. Heck even Mayor Screech has been involved because his aging parents have concerns.

Just look at some of the other threads here, lots of folks are involved with CoV issues but reside in Saanich, should they not be allowed to get involved as our region is so small that a decision in one part of the region may have an effect on another....McKenzie overpass is a classic example, should only the residents of that neighbourhood have a say in that? Sewage treatment plant and its location....should that be limited to Esquimalt residents....Johnson St Bridge fiasco, Tent City..... We live in very close quarters and as such we are all citizens of the region and are affected directly or indirectly by decisions both good and bad. 

Edited by rjag, 09 November 2017 - 08:17 PM.

#246 Benn

Benn
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

I'm not talking about threads on an internet forum, or people's opinions that they are sharing openly, I'm talking about a registered director of an organization called 'Saanich Citizens...', who resides in Oak Bay, and who was never visibly associated with the organization aside from in government filings. Just look up at the top of the page. VHF points out concerns about Larry Wartels, who has his own personal name out there at least, potentially not residing in Saanich. I don't care if you live in Saanich or not, just don't hide behind an organization called 'Saanich Citizens'. You might find this inconsequential, but its just one more thing for the anti-EDPA group. Professionals acting unethically, spreading of blatant misinformation, and a suggestion that the only thing needed for the EDPA to be scientific, was for it to only apply to public property. It's like a bad Scooby Doo episode.

#247 rjag

rjag
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

We have Councillors that dont live in the municipality they represent, how do you square that circle? Shouldn't make a difference whether he lives in Oak Bay or Whitehorse, thats only his principle residence, where is his place of business? Does he own land in Saanich? Does he pay taxes in Saanich? In this case yes, he pays business taxes and perhaps he owns the location his business operates out of...that would give him a vested interest and a direct interest....where he sleeps has nothing to do with it.

Edited by rjag, 09 November 2017 - 10:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users