APPROVED
E&N Building
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Kimta Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, townhome, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, 3BR + den)
Sales status: in planning
The E&N Building is a 25-storey condominium proposal for 200-block Kimta Road as part of the Roundhouse de... (view full profile)
Learn more about E&N Building on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Bayview Place, tower 4 (Roundhouse) | Condos | 25-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#61 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Will this building have any commercial presence? I have been saying since before promontory that the brick would be a problem. City can just to use a different colour cant they?
  • Nparker likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#62 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

I'd say they've used brick selectively and tastefully and the "Bayview" look has been distinctive and sharp. But come on, you don't want a third or fourth copy of the same thing in close proximity, even if you're a fan of it. The appearance of the Songhees has improved immensely from having Shutters and the first two Bayview buildings added behind the older buildings. It's such an eclectic mix all of a sudden. It would be such a bummer if the back row of buildings stick on the same one note that was so refreshing when it was first introduced.

• zoomer and Nparker like this

#63 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'd say they've used brick selectively and tastefully and the "Bayview" look has been distinctive and sharp. But come on, you don't want a third or fourth copy of the same thing in close proximity, even if you're a fan of it...

Exactly. It's not that I think the "Bayview style" is inherently bad, but does it need to be repeated, with so little variation over the entire site? After all, there can be too much of a good thing, and variety is the spice of life.

#64 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

So now that Hudson place has been scaled down, will this end up as the tallest in Victoria?

#65 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Not necessarily. I'll have to get the final figures for both.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#66 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

The floor plans were featured in Times Colonist this weekend. Is it just me or why would they put doors that open outward on the patio instead of sliders, such a waste of space especially on some of the larger 2 Br units with 2 doors. Good luck placing patio furniture. Second observation was they plan to do a similar look as all the other buildings with the red brick only this one has weird placement. Last observation not much cupboard space and most units have little closet space and no spot for towels or linens. Views should be decent though. Can't wait to see more precise price sheet for corresponding units.

#67 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

In my experience sliders are not nearly as weatherproof as a swinging door.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#68 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

I guess I have been lucky and never have had any issues and I have owned in 5 different building between Seattle and here with them I hope yours weren't defective. The main concern with doing the opening door is it is in the middle of the patios chopping it in half allowing for the 30" swing as well in summer months I can open it and have a great air flow. This is just my experience and opinion.

#69 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

Ya, especially at higher levels, sliding doors won't pass the new (2014) wind/air/water load specifications.

https://www.rdh.com/...n_canada_intro/

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 06 November 2017 - 10:49 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#70 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

Are they still double wide doors, so both doors swing open? Seems to me you'd get better airflow then, as you can open much more than a slider.

#71 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

They look like single and right in middle of patio. I guess promontory must be built before the sliding door code because we rented a very high up unit and it had a juliet balcony with sliders. None the less at least position the doors at one end or the other not so the swing is right in middle of balcony. Anybody get word on actual pricing. Paper said starting in low 300's

#72 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Our Promontory unit has a slider for the main open balcony, a slider for the Juliette balcony and a single hinged door for the covered balcony.

Rain and wind haven't been a problem for the sliders. Windy days are problematic for the hinged door. Even a moderate breeze can cause the door to slam. We have door stoppers for both the balcony door and the bedroom door when we are letting a breeze flow through the unit.
  • VicHockeyFan and songheesguy like this

#73 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

We don't know a great deal about the tower just yet, but we do know is Focus Equities is hoping to receive a development permit for the tower soon, and could start building by mid-2018. Units range from studios to three-storey suites.

First-phase-of-Vic-Wests-Roundhouse-development-to-launch-with-26-storey-condo-tower.jpg
A scale model identifies the 26-storey Roundhouse tower in white with a planned tower to its right, a model of the currently under construction Encore tower with its lowrise component to the right-of-centre, and behind it the 21-storey Promontory tower. The 11-storey Bayview One, completed in 2009 as the first phase of the Bayview Place development, is seen at top-right.  Citified.ca

First phase of Vic West's Roundhouse development to launch with 26-storey condo tower

https://victoria.cit...-tower-bayview/

• jonny likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#74 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

A highrise made out of ice? That would be cool.

#75 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Speaking of development permits, you may recall a couple of years ago there was much ballyhoo over the Roundhouse getting their development permit.  Those documents are only good for two years and as we all know nothing has been developed.  At the October meeting I asked about this and was told they renewed it for another two years.

• songheesguy likes this

#76 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

A highrise made out of ice? That would be cool.

The A/C bills would either be really low or really high.

#77 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

It was a gong show when I got to the sales event yesterday just after 11:30 am. I couldn't get over all the people, they had free burgers so lots of them could have been chepo's looking for a free lunch but it appeared to be potential buyers to me. You registered and they gave a package with a 3 pg. letter stating basically nothing is official yet and this project may not go ahead or change at any given time which is standard with most pre sales. I was told the official sales will happen end of March or early April when they get the build permit. Prices seemed way too high for a pre sale IMO on the 2BR units running around $1000/ sqft and up. The best deals were the 08 unit priced at $350-450k + GST they are 570 sqft. The event was put out far too premature and quite a few people outside were talking how it was a waste of their time. If they go on first come first serve it wouldn't be but if it turns into a condo lotto then yes.

#78 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

BP won’t be available until the spring? I was told by someone at the event that they exptected it within a couple of weeks.

Know it all.

#79 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

I guess spending $30,000 to generate some buzz is worth it. They took over the front page if the TC for three or more consecutive days.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#80 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

BP won’t be available until the spring? I was told by someone at the event that they exptected it within a couple of weeks.

DP or BP?  I don't think they have their DP yet do they?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users