Vivid at the Yates
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 849 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 20
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Vivid at the Yates is a 20-storey, 135-unit below market condominium tower situated along the 800-block of Joh... (view full profile)
Learn more about Vivid at the Yates on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Vivid at the Yates | Attainable condos; market commercial | 20-storeys | Built - completed in 2021

• Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#541 pinkcanoe

pinkcanoe
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:47 AM

Any chance I could grab a copy of that as well? Thanks in advnance.

Done. Sent you a Google Drive link to it. DM me if you can't access it.

#542 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:02 PM

Any chance I could grab a copy of that as well? Thanks in advnance.

I sent you the google drive link via PM.

#543 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 08:37 AM

Couple quick pics I took of the firepit and BBQs on the roof and the bike lockup and storage lockers

https://imgur.com/a/MuN9Cey

The storage lockers are bigger than I thought they would be.

• Nparker, sebberry and newbie_01 like this

#544 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2021 - 08:46 AM

Rooftop fire pit looks good, but will anyone be keeping anything of any value in those storage lockers?  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#545 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 09:26 AM

Rooftop fire pit looks good, but will anyone be keeping anything of any value in those storage lockers?  

This set of lockers aren't on the ground floor or underground parking. It would take a little more effort to access them. 

#546 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:35 AM

I personally know of two 'inside job' storage break-and-enters with these silly cages.  Fellow residents aren't much more trustworthy.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#547 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:39 AM

A look at the rooftop terrace and the views https://youtu.be/EVbQluNJ98Y 

• sebberry and yellow_baron like this

#548 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:40 AM

That's pretty nice!

#549 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:00 PM

I personally know of two 'inside job' storage break-and-enters with these silly cages. Fellow residents aren't much more trustworthy.

For these inside jobs, do you know the perpetrators or the victims? Or you know from a friend of a friend of a friend?

Edit: Thanks for pics Magmazing.

My storage unit is going to be in one of the closed off corners of parking level 2. Limited number of storage lockers in there so maybe easier to narrow down the culprit for an inside job? Lol.

Edited by RustyNail, 05 May 2021 - 12:03 PM.

#550 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:09 PM

It's hard to avoid putting car-related stuff in your storage. You don't want to take up condo real estate with tires or bulky tools... or be seen loading up the elevator with them.

Edited by Casual Kev, 05 May 2021 - 12:10 PM.

#551 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:15 PM

For these inside jobs, do you know the perpetrators or the victims? Or you know from a friend of a friend of a friend?

One at a friend's building, another researching strata docs on a place I was interested in.

#552 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:18 PM

It's hard to avoid putting car-related stuff in your storage. You don't want to take up condo real estate with tires or bulky tools... or be seen loading up the elevator with them.

Fortunately I have more than enough room on my balcony for tires, and I have a closet that would comfortably fit a full size washer and dryer dedicated to tools and other hobby related materials. I have no qualms about loading my winter wheels and jack and tools onto a dolly and taking them down the elevator and changing them in the parking garage.  

I have more boxes of Christmas decorations than would fit in the in-suite storage space of many new condos.

#553 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

Fortunately I have more than enough room on my balcony for tires.

Spot the bachelor.

• Mike K., sebberry and Matt R. like this

#554 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:10 PM

Spot the bachelor.

I don't think I've ever once eaten dinner at the coffee table.

• Nparker likes this

#555 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,545 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:12 PM

A look at the rooftop terrace and the views https://youtu.be/EVbQluNJ98Y 

Nice job!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#556 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:45 PM

Some minor annoyances I discovered on my first night.

1. On my main door, I have to turn my key the opposite way of what would be intuitive. The bolt moves to the left to lock, but I have to turn my key to the right.

2. The cabinet doors underneath the bathroom and kitchen sinks all have the handles in the middle of the top edge and not the corner where they open up. I can probably shift them over myself, but then you have a dumb screw hole. It's something that I probably would have noticed had we been allowed to touch things during the deficiency inspection.

3. The windows and sliding door are still filthy outside.

4. Crews apparently sanitized everything but they clearly didn't wipe everything. The cabinets and chrome surfaces showed signs of something being sprayed and then just left to dry. 

5. The path to the storage locker room where my locker is has to go down a couple stairs. A bit surprised it's not a ramp so a cart can be used.

Edited by magmazing, 05 May 2021 - 02:52 PM.

#557 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 08:27 PM

Some minor annoyances I discovered on my first night.

1. On my main door, I have to turn my key the opposite way of what would be intuitive. The bolt moves to the left to lock, but I have to turn my key to the right.

2. The cabinet doors underneath the bathroom and kitchen sinks all have the handles in the middle of the top edge and not the corner where they open up. I can probably shift them over myself, but then you have a dumb screw hole. It's something that I probably would have noticed had we been allowed to touch things during the deficiency inspection.

3. The windows and sliding door are still filthy outside.

4. Crews apparently sanitized everything but they clearly didn't wipe everything. The cabinets and chrome surfaces showed signs of something being sprayed and then just left to dry.

5. The path to the storage locker room where my locker is has to go down a couple stairs. A bit surprised it's not a ramp so a cart can be used.

For point 3: filthy windows, could it be because they still have the protective plastic film on the outside?

I asked about that on my walk-through and that is what they told me.

#558 pinkcanoe

pinkcanoe
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:53 AM

Yeah prices are great. I'm hoping to get the cheapest of Floor Plan B1 (2 bed 2 bath, 731 sqf, floors 10 or 11 probably since floor 9 will have a terrace and be more expensive) and will likely buy a parking spot also. Have the financing in place. Just a matter of whether I got in early enough to get my pick.

-For floor plan B1 though, get a North West facing unit or a North East facing unit? Which direction is better?

-Similar Q for floor plan B5 (2 Bed, 1bath, 764 sqf): get a West South facing unit or an East South Facing unit?

-Which floor plan do you guys like better between B1 and B5?

Floor Plans B1 and B5 have nearly the same pricing.

Plans at: https://vividattheyates.com/#0

Does anyone have access to the floors plans now? I'm specifically looking for the 1 bedroom. They are no longer posted on the Vivid website.

#559 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone have access to the floors plans now? I'm specifically looking for the 1 bedroom. They are no longer posted on the Vivid website.

Sent you a DM

#560 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:42 PM

This set of lockers aren't on the ground floor or underground parking. It would take a little more effort to access them. 

Ok, getting a little off topic here <bad mod!!!> but since it's been brought up...

Found this post in response to a recent media article on the recent drug/weapon bust in Saanich...

I have a feeling these locker rooms are targeted more frequently than you think.  

lockers.JPG

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users