The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21601 replies to this topic

#9521 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

With addiction problems. And some type of hoarding disorder too.
  • Matt R. and Daveyboy like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9522 LJ

LJ
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

With addiction problems. And some type of hoarding disorder too.

It's not a problem, it's a disease. Of desparate people. Make that an epidemic.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#9523 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,515 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Despite VicPD not naming names, I'm assuming they were living in the Cool Aid Society apartments on Pandora? Aren't too many other residential buildings in the 700 block.. 

Sounds like the buyers may have been living around there.  The sellers likely pulled up in that SUV.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9524 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Let them sample a nice, big syringe full of their very best product...Addicts, I have sympathy for; dealers, not so much...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#9525 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:43 AM

Sounds like the buyers may have been living around there. The sellers likely pulled up in that SUV.

The master seller has low level sellers living in every project I’m sure.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9526 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

^Dealing is the only way to support a habit unless you resort to a life of crime, that's what I've been told. Show me a user that doesn't deal. It's a grey area; citizens that demand the cops bust all dealers don't understand how sticky the situation is.

#9527 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

^Dealing is the only way to support a habit unless you resort to a life of crime, that's what I've been told. Show me a user that doesn't deal. It's a grey area; citizens that demand the cops bust all dealers don't understand how sticky the situation is.

I do not know many users that deal for profit, on any serious level.  I know lots of dealers that use.

#9528 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Just a couple more desperate people, give them some respect.......

What I don't understand is that we have hundreds of people downtown that are being provided free room and board plus a host of other free services and an unemployment rate so low that anything with two legs can get a job. Isn't the whole idea of a guaranteed minimum income (which is effectively what these people have) to enable people to get their feet under them so that they can get jobs? Seems to me like all the freebies are doing is motivating people not to work.

• Nparker, LJ, Midnightly and 1 other like this

#9529 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

A body was discovered yesterday afternoon along the shores of Crescent Ave. I think that's Gonzalez Beach? It's believed to be that of a kayaker. Search and Rescue plus Coast Guard were also looking for additional people who may have been in the water.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9530 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

What I don't understand is that we have hundreds of people downtown that are being provided free room and board plus a host of other free services and an unemployment rate so low that anything with two legs can get a job. Isn't the whole idea of a guaranteed minimum income (which is effectively what these people have) to enable people to get their feet under them so that they can get jobs? Seems to me like all the freebies are doing is motivating people not to work.

For many people they will simply never move off the current system.

#9531 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

Possible home invasion/BNE occurred on Topaz Ave just before 9am this morning. 

https://www.vicnews....et-in-victoria/

Edited by Kilo95, 06 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#9532 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,617 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

From VicPD: Community Services Division officers are documenting hundreds of exhibits and recommending several charges against a man after a search warrant was executed on Thursday, February 1st.

In late January, officers from VicPD's Community Services Division Bike Unit began a drug investigation into a man who was residing in the 800-block of Johnson Street. The investigation led to the execution of a search warrant which was executed by the Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team.

Seized items included thousands of women’s rings, over $7000 in cash, and drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin and fentanyl. In total, $12,000 of drugs were seized and taken off our streets.  Investigators also located bear spray, a taser, and two imitation firearms.

Four charges are being recommended against the Victoria man.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9533 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

I wonder if they live at that condo at 834.

• Rob Randall, Nparker and 57WestHills like this

#9534 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

thousands of women's rings? as in, at least 2000? wow...

#9535 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,851 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

I wonder if they live at that condo at 834.

I bet those beleaguered residents at 844 Johnson are kept up at night worrying about that wretched condo building. Perhaps the Province can buy it up for more sheltered housing.

#9536 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Any know why 5 police vehicles were at the corner of Burdett/Vancouver, and inside the school parking lot today around noon?

#9537 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Desperate people?
  • Nparker and Daveyboy like this

#9538 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

Why is an articling student handling at least part of the crown dude here.

http://www.timescolo...king-1.23173312

Forcible confinement sexual assault robbery etc, seems pretty serious to put a student on.

#9539 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:10 AM

Why is an articling student handling at least part of the crown dude here.

http://www.timescolo...king-1.23173312

Forcible confinement sexual assault robbery etc, seems pretty serious to put a student on.

Sounds dicey but it is increasingly common I found out. They are allowed to do anything a regular lawyer does but they are on a short leash--being under the watchful eye of other supervisors. I guess it's like the medical system with med students being in residency, performing doctor's duties under supervision before getting their license.

He's won a case already: http://www.timescolo...y-13-1.23058520

#9540 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,851 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

Why is an articling student handling at least part of the crown dude here...

Handling a part of the crown dude sounds a bit like sexual assault itself - unless it's consensual of course.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users