• Please log in to reply
21652 replies to this topic

#9541 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

That missing guy walked 30km to Sooke.

Hey buddy, flag a person down and get a ride, then you can stand down the search party FFS.
  • Bingo likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9542 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

That missing guy walked 30km to Sooke.

Hey buddy, flag a person down and get a ride, then you can stand down the search party FFS.

I don't believe he actually walked that far. Something seems skew-whiff.

#9543 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

I don't believe he actually walked that far. Something seems skew-whiff.

Did you hear the recent story of the Toronto skier vacationing in New York? He went for one last run down the mountain and went missing. His friends were searching the hill frantically but no luck. Then he was found in Sacramento, California, still wearing his ski outfit including helmet and goggles! He says he doesn't know how he got there. It's a crazy story.

http://www.mynbc5.co...fornia/17764938

#9544 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Did you hear the recent story of the Toronto skier vacationing in New York? He went for one last run down the mountain and went missing. His friends were searching the hill frantically but no luck. Then he was found in Sacramento, California, still wearing his ski outfit including helmet and goggles! He says he doesn't know how he got there. It's a crazy story.

http://www.mynbc5.co...fornia/17764938

Sounds like a stag night prank.

#9545 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,414 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

No one is going to have a crazier story for Thanksgiving than that guy.

#9546 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

^So either his buddies drugged him for several hours which is very dangerous...

...or he lied to his wife, which is even more dangerous.

#9547 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

I know someone who had a bout of what is called transient global amnesia. He's a well-respected lawyer down in Texas. One day at work he basically went to work and the next thing he knew he was in hospital. He has no recollection of what happened, what he did during that time, or how he got to hospital. Scary.

#9548 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:50 PM

I know someone who had a bout of what is called transient global amnesia. He's a well-respected lawyer down in Texas. One day at work he basically went to work and the next thing he knew he was in hospital. He has no recollection of what happened, what he did during that time, or how he got to hospital. Scary

Alien Abduction

#9549 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

^So either his buddies drugged him for several hours which is very dangerous...

...or he lied to his wife, which is even more dangerous.

He probably has ended up with a huge medical bill.

#9550 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,184 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:48 AM

There was a discussion that took place in this thread last night that took place after most of us went to bed.

The original topic was an interesting one but it morphed into a personal attack.

I removed the entire conversation so the other moderators can help me with the decisions that we have to make.

I don't like censorship of radical ideas. Actually I embrace them. What I dislike however, is schoolyard name calling and other negative personal comments on this forum.  

#9551 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

Some people will say “we don’t need salacious details, a crime occurred!”.

I don’t think that’s what many people believe. I’d hate the idea that police would characterize every theft - from petty theft like stealing a bike from your front yard, to shoplifting, to armed robbery or a home invasion with violence - as simply “a theft”.

We want a few more details to understand the degree and nature of the crime, and yes there are degrees in almost every crime. That’s all I was calling for here, I was not looking for a fight. I tried to express my ideas on the relevant topic.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 February 2018 - 06:08 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9552 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

VHF, you too can reach out to VicPD for comment. You don’t have to wait for any third party. Connect with them at engagement@vicpd.ca

I don’t know how much they’ll reveal but you never know.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9553 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

There was a discussion that took place in this thread last night that took place after most of us went to bed.

The original topic was an interesting one but it morphed into a personal attack.

I removed the entire conversation so the other moderators can help me with the decisions that we have to make.

I don't like censorship of radical ideas. Actually I embrace them. What I dislike however, is schoolyard name calling and other negative personal comments on this forum.  

So are you saying that by me calling him a creep caused the entire conversation to be deleted? I really hope something else happened after I signed off. Interesting if that's what upset the apple cart and not the subject matter at hand. Apparently no one else on this forum has had a twelve year old daughter suffer a sexual assault.  In hindsight I guess I should have blocked that member. But then that level of censorship wouldn't have alerted me. Have a good day gentlemen. I think it's best I bow out of this forum. I choose the company I keep. Cheers

#9554 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

No, that wasn't why we removed the posts. We removed that exchange because it added zero value to this forum.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9555 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,414 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

Jeepers, there was a good conversation going when I signed off. Oh well, we all know how things can devolve... sigh.

#9556 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:32 AM

But didn't you guys just create a post explaining that this is a private forum and you will censor whatever you want if it makes the forum look bad?
  • Nparker, martini, Matt R. and 1 other like this

#9557 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,212 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

You should probably censor the person asking for more details on the sexual assault of a 12 year old, yes.

Matt.
  • rjag, martini, Jason-L and 3 others like this

#9558 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

But didn't you guys just create a post explaining that this is a private forum and you will censor whatever you want if it makes the forum look bad?

No, they said only if it has no wide value.

Anyway, Rutherford was asked point blank twice this morning by Ferraby on CFAX to explain the nature of the assault, he refused.  Although he did remind us the term seual assault covered a very wide spectrum of actions and severity.

#9559 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

You should probably censor the person asking for more details on the sexual assault of a 12 year old, yes.

Matt.

I was not asking for details, I was asking about the relative severity.  Yes, and you can say "any amount of sexual assault is wrong!!!" and it is and indeed it's illegal.  But I think us adults deserve to know what happened.  Especially when we are asked to help police here.

We'd likely all agree it would be pretty lousy community policing if everything from a petty property theft to shoplifting to car theft to robbery, to purse snatching, to armed robbery and home invasions were simply labelled as "a theft" by police in their press releases and interviews, with no elaboration.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 February 2018 - 11:02 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

#9560 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

When it comes tp a 12 year old we don't need to know anything more than some form of unwarranted sexual activity took place. Doesn't matter if it was a grope or him flashing or worse...we're talking a 12 year old here. The Law is pretty clear about the age of consent etc....she's 12....there is no consent

• Rob Randall, Nparker, martini and 7 others like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users