• Please log in to reply
21590 replies to this topic

#10401 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

I don't know about anybody else reading this thread, but when the RCMP says "these two cases aren't connected" ... my immediate reaction is to assume that the two cases are indeed most definitely connected.

• Nparker and Bingo like this

#10402 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

I don't know about anybody else reading this thread, but when the RCMP says "these two cases aren't connected" ... my immediate reaction is to assume that the two cases are indeed most definitely connected.

Lol no doubt.

Drug addict goes missing several hundred kilometres from drug traffickers who were on a 'recreational boating trip' to Panama with a bunch of bags and dock outside their turf.

My Crystal ball says the guy down our way took too much of something and did something to himself, you know today random nose bleed, and the other guys are a gang hit.

But both cases involve white men. Suspicious.
  • Bingo likes this

#10403 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:41 AM

Lol no doubt.

Drug addict goes missing several hundred kilometres from drug traffickers who were on a 'recreational boating trip' to Panama with a bunch of bags and dock outside their turf.

My Crystal ball says the guy down our way took too much of something and did something to himself, you know today random nose bleed, and the other guys are a gang hit.

But both cases involve white men. Suspicious.

I bet the full details of the Panama thing are crazy.  What were they doing down there? And on who's behest? And what is the logistics of a gang hit in Ucluelet? 

#10404 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

I bet the full details of the Panama thing are crazy.  What were they doing down there? And on who's behest? And what is the logistics of a gang hit in Ucluelet? 

The paper said they were getting some work done on the boat. Perhaps an extra water tank, but not for water.

Bliss said her husband was a life-long sailor and the voyage from Panama to the West Coast was a great adventure for him. She said he bought the vessel two years ago in hopes of using it to start a sailing and charter business in B.C.

"He's never done a long trip like that," said Bliss. "For him it was just a dream to have that time to be able to sail it back up here. The plan was to have it fixed up there for a reasonable rate and bring it back up."

http://www.timescolo...ance-1.23334812

#10405 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

The RCMP will have looked at Google Maps to see that the two cases could be connected using a 243 km back road from Menzies Road to Ucluelet

Edited by Bingo, 29 June 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#10406 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

Drug addict goes missing several hundred kilometres...

I hadn't seen any mention of a drug addiction in in any of the news releases for this missing person. Is this commonly known but not referenced?

#10407 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

I hadn't seen any mention of a drug addiction in in any of the news releases for this missing person. Is this commonly known but not referenced?

Yes. Facebook... Although it sounded like he had been doing a lot better.
  • thundergun likes this

#10408 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

The back roads trip is is primarily on Highway #4, Bamfield Road, Carmanha Main, and then Cowichan Main to the lake itself.

Total trip time from Ucluelet to Menzies Rd near Duncan via the back road route above is approximately 4 1/2 hours. (it's an amazing drive BTW, on great gravel roads. I've done it many times driving to Bamfield from Victoria).

The same trip on the highway #4 to highway #1 and the the short drive west on Cowichan Lake Road to Menzies Rd is 3 1/2 hours.

Either way ... in terms of travel on Vancouver Island ... either route is nothing more than a short hop, with the "all highway" route being an hour faster, but the "back roads" route positing far less opportunity to get pulled over by the RCMP.

A pertinent question was whether there was enough blood in the still running truck to indicate the person had been driving and bleeding for 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 hours? ... which could easily imply that the driver of the truck with the blood in it could have acquired an injury or wound in Ucluelet, and driven to Menzies Road whereupon the driver of the truck to get out of his vehicle, and hopped into another vehicle waiting for him on Menzies Road ... to to then disappear with (perhaps) a couple of big duffel bags forever?

Easy to create scenarios without any facts ... indeed, way too easy :)

Of course the three key questions to all of this are:

1. "were the duffel bags still with the two bodies discovered in Ucluelet"?
  2. "if the two duffel bags were still with the two bodies, were they empty"?
  3. How much blood was in the still running truck"?

.......and the RCMP doesn't willingly share such details with the public - unless forced to.

#10409 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

Of course the three key questions to all of this are:

1. "were the duffel bags still with the two bodies discovered in Ucluelet"?
  2. "if the two duffel bags were still with the two bodies, were they empty"?
  3. How much blood was in the still running truck"?

.......and the RCMP doesn't willingly share such details with the public - unless forced to.

There would be enough blood to get a DNA sample.

The motor still running is a red herring.

As for the duffel bags, perhaps the bodies were inside them which would answer the first two questions.

#10410 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:40 PM

I go down to Panama for the shoes I remember to scuff them up before the border.

#10411 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

^I know what you're thinking but they're not laced.

• lanforod, thundergun and Jackerbie like this

#10412 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

...the RCMP doesn't willingly share such details with the public - unless forced to.

Unless there is imminent public danger from not sharing this information, does the public need to know these details at this time? I am no officer of the law, but perhaps some facts need to remain "under wraps" as part of the ongoing investigation.

• todd likes this

#10413 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

But suspense raises my blood pressure.

#10414 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

But suspense raises my blood pressure.

Nothing that a nice, relaxing soak in cool ocean water won't fix.

#10415 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

Too warm this time of year

#10416 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

I do hear about a lot of people going down to Panama they got some kind of canal down there that's popular.

#10417 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

todd, on 29 Jun 2018 - 1:40 PM, said:

I go down to Panama for the shoes I remember to scuff them up before the border.

Isn't that a Trump trick?

#10418 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:35 PM

Isn't that a Trump trick?

No.

#10419 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

From people living/working in the area - both men were shot in the head.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#10420 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I didn't see tent city anywhere else. 

Not a crime, but apparently entire U-Haul contents were unloaded there. 

It was posted on FB Victoria rant and raves. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

pontcanna