Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
10447 replies to this topic

#10441 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

Of course, no correlation will be drawn with the addition of low barrier housing a few blocks from there, and the complete lawlessness afforded to its tax payer funded residents. No... nothing to see here...
  • Midnightly and rmpeers like this

#10442 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

Of course, no correlation will be drawn with the addition of low barrier housing a few blocks from there, and the complete lawlessness afforded to its tax payer funded residents. No... nothing to see here...

People who don't like being attacked are afraid of change... people who commit violent attacks aren't bad people... downtown is just as safe as ever... etc etc... rinse and repeat...
  • pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#10443 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

"A few blocks" you mean across the street from the back of the building is the back of the CCH facility - less than a block by my estimation.  I feel for the MoH staff and am surprised they aren't bringing their concerns to the BCGEU.  It becomes an OHS issue, and it's got to be unnerving for all who work in the vicinity.

• Nparker, pennymurphy2000, A Girl is No one and 1 other like this

#10444 Wayne

Wayne
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

"A few blocks" you mean across the street from the back of the building is the back of the CCH facility - less than a block by my estimation.  I feel for the MoH staff and am surprised they aren't bringing their concerns to the BCGEU.  It becomes an OHS issue, and it's got to be unnerving for all who work in the vicinity.

I definitely feel for MoH staff. But I am not sure how much help BCGEU would be.

I think it will become worse, in the fact many staff will go on stress lve, only to have inexperience staff replace them.

#10445 spanky123

spanky123
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

I definitely feel for MoH staff. But I am not sure how much help BCGEU would be.

I think it will become worse, in the fact many staff will go on stress lve, only to have inexperience staff replace them.

It also builds union membership as members on sick leave still pay dues!
  • Wayne likes this

#10446 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 5,219 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

^value added commentary 🙄
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#10447 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

I am glad this is getting exposed because the same government has been arguing with neighbours that low barrier facilities are fantastic and that the neighbors’ concerns are strictly out of NIMBYism etc. The dangers are real. If they are real enough for the MOH workers, they are even more real for neighbours who have to be there at night too, when the s@@t show is at its worst.

Remember, BC housing wanted, and almost did, put the 100+ residents of CCH in Mt Edwards, 18 steps away from a k-8 school!

#10448 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

I do believe that actions over the past number of years have caused Victoria to have a disproportionately high percentage of street people/homeless people as well as to almost encourage drug use. It's not surprising this has a visible impact and, although there are many vested interests who likely benefit from this trend, a responsible and compassionate local government would probably take steps to address it.
  • Midnightly and A Girl is No one like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.