Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21590 replies to this topic

#10621 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

Police have released statements regarding two incidents in Saanich and both are considered incidents where the aggressors knew their victims and the actions were targeted. They say the public is not at-risk.

Of course they did. And in a month when everyone has forgotten about the "nothing to see here folks release", the cops will be begging for witnesses to contact crimestoppers with info to help them solve the case!

#10622 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

Do they ever release a statement saying we're at risk? :)

#10623 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:29 AM

No, you're just to assume that you're never not at risk, unless directed otherwise  ;)

#10624 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,047 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:27 AM

the machete attacker is likely still loose in oak bay.

#10625 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:48 AM

the machete attacker is likely still loose in oak bay.

I asked a friend in the SPD about that and this person said that they know who it is and its not an issue right now as the prime suspect is currently behind bars. And yes, it was a random attack.

#10626 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

Yup. It was an opportunistic crime, they say.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10627 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

I asked a friend in the SPD about that and this person said that they know who it is and its not an issue right now.....

Really?

"it's not an issue right now"

A random and brutal machete slashing in an upscale neighborhood is definitely considered an issue of public concern among a majority of residents.

I'd like to know all the details of the incident so I can parse the information as I see fit to parse it ... this as opposed to being told by the Oak Bay and/or Saanich Police Departments what I should be thinking, and how I should be thinking about it.

#10628 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:08 PM

Really?

"it's not an issue right now"

A random and brutal machete slashing in an upscale neighborhood is definitely considered an issue of public concern among a majority of residents.

I'd like to know all the details of the incident so I can parse the information as I see fit to parse it ... this as opposed to being told by the Oak Bay and/or Saanich Police Departments what I should be thinking, and how I should be thinking about it.

You took my comment out of context, they know who the person is, they have the person in custody serving another sentence and are gathering information and are waiting this out.

Its not an issue right now because they know where the person is and the public is safe because the person is in custody. Once charges are laid the public will be notified. Is that better?

#10629 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

as we speak they may be using the jailhouse version of "mr. big" on him (or her).  frank elsner used to go into jails and do that kind of work.

https://www.sudbury....a-police-247408

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 October 2018 - 03:16 PM.

#10630 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

The man attacked with hammers on Carey was taken off life support. He leaves behind a wife and children. No life insurance.

https://www.gofundme...l-memorial-fund

#10631 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

The man attacked with hammers on Carey was taken off life support. He leaves behind a wife and children. No life insurance.

https://www.gofundme...l-memorial-fund

What a horrible way to go........I hope they catch the COWARDS that did it to him.

• rmpeers likes this

#10632 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

do you think a random guy just gets attacked by hammers? not saying it’s any way to go but that sounds like a drug debt or a rip off or a payback or vigilante justice etc.

#10633 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

this makes me think of the incident where a teen was attacked and beaten over a skate board.. was that ever solved? it was all over social media

#10634 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

Sitting next to someone at music bingo that lives on the road the "incident" occurred on in Saanich near Carey Rd.

So here is how the incident was "targeted". Dude found out that wife was cheating on him with hammer dude. Dude called hammer dude and threatened him about sleeping with his wife. Hammer dude showed up at dudes house with two buddies. Hammer dude and his two buddies kicked the **** out of dude. Two dudes left and hammer dude took a hammer to dudes head just for good measure.
  • martini likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#10635 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,047 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

sounds like the way a thing can go down.
  • sdwright.vic likes this

#10636 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

Sitting next to someone at music bingo that lives on the road the "incident" occurred on in Saanich near Carey Rd.

So here is how the incident was "targeted". Dude found out that wife was cheating on him with hammer dude. Dude called hammer dude and threatened him about sleeping with his wife. Hammer dude showed up at dudes house with two buddies. Hammer dude and his two buddies kicked the **** out of dude. Two dudes left and hammer dude took a hammer to dudes head just for good measure.

Jesus. :(

#10637 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

No goods, no goods at all. The things people will do to each other in the heat of the moment.  Hammer dude took a hammer to the dudes head "Just for good measure" other words to make sure he was never going to see another sunrise. That is what is called pre-meditated MURDER. And to think Hammer Dude was the one cheating with his victims wife. What a COWARD. If only both parties involved had tried to solve the issue with reality, instead of fantasy.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 03 October 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#10638 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:12 AM

Third pellet gun shooting draws police response to 844 Johnson Street low-barrier housing facility

Link to this post: https://vibrantvicto...539#entry459383

Two sources have now confirmed to VV that an occupant of 844 Johnson Street recently fired a pellet gun in the direction of The 834 condominium complex adjacent to the low-barrier housing facility.

The gun was discharged in the direction of a residence in the lower levels of the building. It is not clear whether someone was injured in what is now the third such incident to have occurred since the facility began operating in 2016.

Two prior shootings include a suite in The 834's upper levels having at least one pane of glass broken by a pellet gun pellet, while a subsequent incident injured a woman who was driving past the facility when shots struck her vehicle and shattered the driver's side window.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10639 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

Brutal.

#10640 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:05 AM

If the police don't already have a suspect in custody, you should really give them a call. Even a conversation overheard at the the pub can be helpful.

• martini and pennymurphy2000 like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), pontcanna, Fox