Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21590 replies to this topic

#11541 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

and no charges laid. which is fine. not sure why ther guy called the cops on her. but anyway why does it make the police report? humour? entertainment? to shame or embarrass one of the parties? don't know.

She’s obviously a bit I don’t know if she’s breaking into his house? Do you recommend doing the extraction yourself in this situation?

Edited by todd, 03 September 2019 - 02:49 PM.

#11542 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,046 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

She’s obviously a bit I don’t know if she’s breaking into his house? Do you recommend doing the extraction yourself in this situation?

i would.  i guess i've never had a hard break-up.  so she'd still be my friend even if she's drunk on my couch and my window is broken.

#11543 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:49 PM

I call the police to the restaurant just prior to making a break up.
  • Nparker, Matt R., rmpeers and 1 other like this

#11544 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

^ thank you for that.

Matt.

#11545 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:20 AM

A police incident involving a barricaded man has forced the closure of the 1600-block of Begbie Street east of downtown Victoria. Begbie is the connector between Johnson Street and Shelbourne Street.

The closure stems from a reportedly intoxicated man fleeing from police in a vehicle and subsequently crashing into multiple parked vehicles (including a police cruiser) in the Begbie and Shelbourne streets area. The man is now believed to be barricaded inside a residence on Begbie Street.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11546 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,046 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

Until he sobers up!

#11547 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,755 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:23 AM

Are people getting more out of control or am I just being dramatic? Perhaps it's a little of both.

#11548 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,046 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:26 AM

Are people getting more out of control or am I just being dramatic? Perhaps it's a little of both.

you just hear about lots more stuff.

#11549 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:30 AM

Earlier today a man died on the streets of downtown Victoria from an overdose. It happened right outside of the Quadra Street 7/11. Rescuers tried for a long time to revive the man but eventually they placed a tarp on him as he laid on the sidewalk.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11550 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

The heat does weird things.

#11551 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

I think your right . I hear on the news we aren’t as empathetic as we were 30 years ago because of screen time .They are trying to teach children empathy . If you don’t have empathy you get all kinds of me first you don’t matter behaviour.

#11552 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:11 AM

Definitely both. Sometimes you're dramatic and sometimes you're out of control.

#11553 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,046 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Until he sobers up!

well he held up for 8 hours.

https://www.timescol...doff-1.23935617

Man surrenders to Victoria police after eight-hour standoff

A standoff of almost eight hours between Victoria police and a man who barricaded himself in a Fernwood home ended peacefully early Wednesday afternoon.

After several hours, officers obtained a warrant to enter the residence, said Victoria police civilian spokesman Bowen Osoko.

probably more then enough time to sober up and prevent any impaired charge.  and just "not letting cops in" is not a crime.  he had every right to barricade himself*.  not sure they have much here except leaving scene of accident.  might have been an awful big waste of police resources not sure.

*which in this case likely means he just locked his door and/or told police they could not come in.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 September 2019 - 03:13 PM.

#11554 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

VicPD has closed the 800-block of Johnson due to a barricaded man. No additional details are available.

Believe it or not, this incident was NOT at 844 Johnson, but rather at 834 Johnson. Reports were the second floor, which is the floor that has the subsidized units in the building.

The gentleman is back home and has promised to behave.

#11555 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:55 PM

...not sure they have much here except leaving scene of accident.  might have been an awful big waste of police resources not sure. ...

...“Officers arrived and the man attempted to flee in a vehicle, ramming multiple parked cars, including the first attending police vehicle,” said Const. Matt Rutherford. The passenger side of the squad car was damaged. .... https://www.timescol...doff-1.23935617

and I was detoured because of this f#%@%#@% c^%$^@%@#%

#11556 kenmuir

kenmuir
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:24 AM

Is VicPD not using the crime reports map thingy anymore?  When I look at it, it just says "no incidents" in the sidebar.

#11557 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

If you click "reset filters" that should bring up the data.

Know it all.

#11558 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

🚔 Multiple Charges Sworn in Lengthy Saanich Voyeurism File🚔

In January 2016, the Saanich Police began a voyeurism investigation involving then 29 year old Matthew Charles Schwabe. On September 3, 2019, 30 charges were sworn before the courts against Mr. Schwabe for various offences involving 9 young women over a 4 year period. The charges included Voyeurism, Publication of Intimate Images without Consent, Indecent Act, Child **rnography and Theft Under $5000.

The investigation began after a complaint was received that a young woman had found explicit photographs of herself posted online. The file was transitioned to detectives who began a comprehensive look into the allegations.

“It has been a long, complicated and detailed investigation that has and continues to impact many people. The strength and patience of the 9 young women is commendable and we are very pleased to be at this point of charge approval” said Sgt. Julie Fast, Public Information Officer for Saanich Police.

As this investigation is now before the courts, no further information will be released.

Know it all.

#11559 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,046 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

is this the red barn market case?

yes it is

https://www.cbc.ca/n...wsuit-1.4992087

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 05 September 2019 - 11:08 AM.

• martini likes this

#11560 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

is this the red barn market case?

yes it is

https://www.cbc.ca/n...wsuit-1.4992087

Curious if his father is still the manager at the Duncan market. Where is the predator now?

https://www.timescol...6WBmf54qaJagqPg

Edited by martini, 05 September 2019 - 01:34 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

m3m, Facebook (3)