The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21591 replies to this topic

#12381 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

Oh just a cigarette butt. More interesting was there was at least $1000 in monopoly money spread out around it on the ground, all in 1s and 5s.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#12382 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:15 PM

Lol. Wow.

Ok, so the pocket wasn’t quite as big as I imagined it to be.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12383 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:16 AM

Well it is for concealing right?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#12384 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:50 AM

Officers Investigating Suspicious Boat Fire

Victoria, BC – Officers are investigating a suspicious fire on a boat in the Gorge Waterway early this morning.

Just after 1 a.m. this morning, officers and Victoria Fire Department firefighters were called to a report of a boat on fire near the Selkirk Trestle in the Bamfield Park portion of the Gorge Waterway. The boat was fully engulfed in flames when officers arrived.

The Victoria Fire Department was able to extinguish the flames. The boat sunk during the course of the incident. It is unclear if anyone was injured.

The initial investigation indicates that the fire is suspicious. Our investigation remains ongoing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12385 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:33 AM

I ran into a friend the other day who is a close friend of the family that had the arrow shot through their vehicle.

The husband is an RJH doctor, and the mom was driving the brand new vehicle with a newborn inside and at least one other child. The dad was spending a week off work on maternity leave. The arrow landed right under the mom’s seat and had it been a few inches off the result could have been catastrophic for her, or the children. As a result of this incident there is a lot of emotional trauma that is now affecting the family.

Know it all.

#12386 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:20 AM

So sad... and unreal....this is Victoria! Not Chicago.... I can see how trauma would set in. Their sense of security, that people living in Canada have been lucky enough to have most, if not all of our lives, has just been destroyed. It will take time to rebuild it. So sad.
  • Nparker likes this

#12387 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,765 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:49 AM

...this is Victoria! Not Chicago.... It will take time to rebuild it. So sad.

Unfortunately, as long as the CoV has a council that goes out of its way to enable destructive behaviour ("survival crimes" etc.), then I don't see rebuilding happening anytime soon.

• A Girl is No one and rmpeers like this

#12388 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:13 AM

Some kind of an incident at the Comfort Inn this morning. Possibly a fire.

Know it all.

#12389 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:29 AM

Shocker.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#12390 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,053 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

hotel goes 35 years with no incident.

homeless move in set the place on fire first week.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 May 2020 - 09:18 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#12391 exc911ence

exc911ence
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Likely just someone cooking their squirrel dinner over a burning garbage drum in their room.

You can take the ne'er-do-well out of the wilderness but you can't take the wilderness out of the ne'er-do-well.....

#12392 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,765 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

hotel goes 35 years with no incident. homeless move in set the place on fire first week.

I'm surprised it took this long. I would imagine the placed will be pretty much trashed within a month. 

#12393 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:28 PM

Unfortunately, as long as the CoV has a council that goes out of its way to enable destructive behaviour ("survival crimes" etc.), then I don't see rebuilding happening anytime soon.

My biggest beef with them is their heartless attitude towards victims of crime and their championing of those who commit crimes, as long as the criminals fit the "noble criminal" profile that fits their increasingly bizarre worldview.

They are true bigots.
  • Nparker likes this

#12394 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:46 PM

Was it really a fire? Or more likely just someone smoking meth and triggering the fire alarm.

#12395 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,053 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:48 PM

they have an outdoor lounge for that. surely they did not break the rules.

#12396 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,765 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:09 PM

Was it really a fire? Or more likely just someone smoking meth and triggering the fire alarm.

Does it really matter? It represents the same attitude and concern for their own well-being and the well-being of others.

#12397 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

No mention here yet of the guy who fired a gun through the wall of his Yates St apartment this morning?  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#12398 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,053 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:11 PM

the guy was up late. maybe he had lots of guns to clean and then he got a bit tired at 4:40am and when he was cleaning his last one it went off by mistake.

#12399 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:11 PM

First we’ve heard of that. Do you have additional details?

Know it all.

#12400 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

https://www.vicnews....an-in-custody/#

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users