Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21540 replies to this topic

#19781 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 07:55 AM

I was young once, but I wasn't an idiot like this twit. Please tell me this isn't the prevailing attitude of those under 30.
  • Barrrister likes this

#19782 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:05 AM

I suspect he’s over 30.

But take note of this. First, they denied there was even a problem with crime, now they deny its impacts on victims.

So they admit, at least, that there is a crime problem. But it has no victims, so is there really a problem? I can only imagine what next year’s revision will claim as the new truth. That the victims deserved it?
  • Barrrister likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#19783 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:13 AM

I suspect he’s over 30...

That's even worse. Anyone over 30 who still thinks socialsim is viable is a lost cause.

#19784 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:18 AM

It’s just more Twitter theatrics.
  • Stephen James likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#19785 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:04 AM

…“It’s some sort of TikTok challenge, I believe,” Owen May said.

“When I looked it up, I saw dozens of it [doors being kicked in] happening to other houses.”…..

The main reason we need to ban TikTok is it is so lame, it causes children to become dorks.

Edited by todd, 25 March 2023 - 09:05 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

#19786 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:05 AM

Tik Tok may not be the cause, but it sure as heck isn't the cure.

#19787 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:12 AM

Tik Tok may not be the cause, but it sure as heck isn't the cure.

Knew a child who was badly injured after jumping out of his second story classroom window when the first jackass movie came out. Now with reliable streaming services..
  • Matt R. likes this

#19788 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:22 AM

:banana:
  • todd likes this

#19789 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,009 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 04:08 PM

Don’t act like you never tried to rappel from the balcony because you saw Adam West do it on Batman.

#19790 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 06:09 PM

-Suspect has form for attempt jewelry robbery and other stuff from about 2003. Looks like he was on a bench warrant for Drive w/Prohib at the time of the shooting. Presumably charges are pending for actually shooting the victim...

Suspect charged in connection to Nanaimo, B.C. shooting that left business owner in hospital

March 25, 2023 

A suspect connected to a Nanaimo, B.C., shooting that left a business owner in serious condition in hospital has been charged.

According to online court records, Craig Edward Truckle has been charged with one count of pointing a firearm at another person.

(Victim) was shot in the stomach when he and a group of others reportedly decided to go into a homeless encampment to retrieve stolen property.

Later  Saturday afternoon, BC RCMP did confirm a charge had been laid against Truckle in connection to the incident, and the investigation remains ongoing.

More: https://globalnews.c...business-owner/

#19791 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 07:12 PM

That’s why homeowners should be allowed to have guns. This would end.

I'm a homeowner, I have guns.

Now, if I was allowed to shoot the aforementioned idiots, we would have something.

• Nparker likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#19792 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,337 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:26 AM

If I were those homeowners, dealing with this for years, I'd have put in some additional measures. A guard dog would have done the trick. If that isn't an option, motion triggered floodlights. Extremely powerful ones. Maybe hook them up to a loudspeaker 'intruder alert'!

#19793 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:23 AM

A bite from a guard dog would have settled it, for sure.

Know it all.

#19794 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:07 PM

Person With Knife Arrested In Inner Harbour After Beanbag Shotgun Deployment

A person armed with a knife was taken into custody on the Lower Causeway of the Inner Harbour this afternoon after responding officers deployed a beanbag shotgun.

Just before 3 pm today, officers were called for a report of a person in distress, who was armed with a knife and on foot in downtown Victoria. A short time later, officers successfully located the person along the Lower Causeway portion of the Inner Harbour, near the float plane terminal. The person fled from officers when they approached.

Officers deployed a beanbag shotgun and were able to disarm the person and take them into custody. A knife was recovered on scene.

As is policy any time a less-lethal tool is deployed, officers called for BC Emergency Health Services Paramedics to attend to assess the person for injury.

This emerging incident is still under investigation.

If you have information about this incident and have yet to speak with an officer, please call the VicPD Report Desk at (250) 995-7654 extension 1.

Know it all.

#19795 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:34 PM

CONTENT WARNING: Raw footage of a man randomly stabbed and killed in broad daylight in Vancouver. This is what’s happening in cities.

titter:  https://twitter.com/...482633691070464

Man killed in downtown Vancouver stabbing, murder charge laid

https://bc.ctvnews.c...-laid-1.6330993

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 March 2023 - 05:35 PM.

#19796 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:29 PM

Officers Respond To ‘Man With Gun’ Call At Downtown Nightclub

Date: Monday, March 27, 2023

File: #23-10915

Victoria, BC – A Saanich man was arrested and a CO2 powered handgun was seized after VicPD responded to a call for a patron armed with a handgun early Sunday morning.

At approximately 2 am on Sunday, March 26, all available officers responded to a report of a man armed with a gun inside a nightclub in the 0-block of Bastion Square. When officers arrived, they discovered security staff had disarmed the suspect and were holding him for police.

Officers learned that the suspect had dropped what appeared to be a fully-functional handgun, picked it up and placed it in his waistband. Security staff spotted the gun, created an action plan, called 911 and immediately moved in, disarming him within two minutes of spotting the weapon.

Officers were on scene moments later and, upon further investigation, confirmed the nature of the weapon. Powered by CO2 and designed to fire paintballs, rubber balls or pepper balls, the gun resembles a fully functional firearm. A photograph of the seized weapon is below. 

Screenshot 2023-03-27 19.28.09.png

The man was transported to VicPD cells.

This incident remains under investigation. If you have information about this incident and have yet to speak with an officer, please call the VicPD Report Desk at (250) 995-7654 extension 1.

VicPD officers seize an average of one real, functional firearms and one replica firearm each week. Based on real firearms and “replica firearms” seized in 2022, when encountering a report of a firearm, officers face a 50/50 chance that it is a real, functioning gun.

If you see someone with what looks to be a gun, call 911.

#19797 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:30 PM

CONTENT WARNING: Raw footage of a man randomly stabbed and killed in broad daylight in Vancouver. This is what’s happening in cities.

titter: https://twitter.com/...482633691070464

Man killed in downtown Vancouver stabbing, murder charge laid

https://bc.ctvnews.c...-laid-1.6330993

Second degree murder charge.

The man had a wife and child inside.

Why are all those men standing around, one sitting drinking coffee. What is happening psychologically there?

Know it all.

#19798 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:51 PM

That was horrible to watch. A life lost in a second. What has happened to our cities?

#19799 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 07:32 PM

...What has happened to our cities?

triumvarate of evil.png

• LJ likes this

#19800 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 07:46 PM

Knifeman arrested by West Shore RCMP

2023-03-27 

File: #2023-5657

On March 25 2023, the West Shore RCMP responded to a report of a male waving around a knife behind the Four Mile Liquor Store located at 101-1505 Admirals Way in View Royal.

Witnesses advised the male suspect was waving around the knife and a stick in the air and appeared to be under the influence of drugs. Officers attended and located the suspect who was arrested for possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.

Police searched the suspect and his belongings and seized a large knife with a blade approximately 9 inches in length along with a replica handgun and a small quantity of suspected crack cocaine. The suspect was taken into police custody and released once sober on an Undertaking with conditions to not possess any knives or weapons or attend Four Mile Liquor Store.

Photos of knife and replica gun seized by police:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 20.42.17.png

Remarkably no one was injured in this incident. If you or someone you know is struggling with addictions issues, visit the BC Government website on mental health and substance use support for more information.

Released by

Cpl. Nancy Saggar
Media Relations Officer
West Shore RCMP

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPH, Facebook (2)