Photo

City of Victoria | 2018-2022 | Mayor and council general discussion

• Please log in to reply
11779 replies to this topic

#7741 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

I saw Shea Perkins complaining that some of the stuff in the tent wasn't up to code..

Then the ungrateful S.O.B. should go out and buy it themself.

• mbjj and Victoria Watcher like this

#7742 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:00 PM

"I believe it's important for us, obviously, to be sitting at the table and the agenda that is brought before us. It is incumbent of us to be prepared with the documents in front of us to sit at this table and deliberate. I find it quite offensive, really, to our citizens and the voters who have put us here, that they are now calling into radio talk shows and sharing photographs of councillors who are meant to be at this table, in this meeting, and yet are wandering around in the Cook Street neighbourhood, and I wonder if there is any rules in order of people joining remotely that they actually be focused on this meeting, and now doing other work. I cannot understand how you can be wandering around this city and be in tuned with this council meeting:" Stephen Andrew.

Andrew was referring to Isitt being spotted at the Cook Street care tent during the council meeting. Photographs of him were taken there, during the council meeting.

Isitt responds immediately thereafter. "There has been issues with establishing systems with the community care tent on Cook Street."

3 hours 15 minutes: https://pub-victoria...5b-5c52d8f35048

No one delivers the comedy gold like Isitt.
  • Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

#7743 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,069 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:07 PM

https://twitter.com/Adam_Stirling

• Nparker likes this

#7744 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:27 PM

I like how it's always the fault of "corporate media" because they're money-hunting, faceless monoliths.

Unless of course, it's on Vibrant Victoria, then it's the fault of the wanna-be amateurs, because they're shameless, hive-mind vigilantes without accountability, hunting for blood, not money.

• Brayvehart likes this

#7745 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:28 PM

Councillor Isitt cited both today in his response, that social media and corporate media are not overly positive about his policies and motions.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7746 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

It's very important that a councilor be engaged at the meeting. Rules dictate that if a councillor must step away from the table it is entered into the minutes as such:

"Councilor Smith left at 8:15. Councillor Smith returned at 8:17"

Even an absence of less than a minute is recorded. This new rule allowing remote attendance must not be abused by councillors who claim they are there when they really are engaged in another matter.

• Jacques Cadé, Nparker, pennymurphy2000 and 3 others like this

#7747 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:51 PM

Councillor Isitt cited both today in his response, that social media and corporate media are not overly positive about his policies and motions.

Perhaps Isitt might want to start presenting policies and motions that the media can endorse. Don't shoot the messenger comrade.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#7748 JimV

JimV
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:10 PM

Isitt responds immediately thereafter. "There has been issues with establishing systems with the community care tent on Cook Street."

All your base are belong to us.

• Matt R. likes this

#7749 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:18 PM

HES busy building the latest poverty pimp empire through his Red Cedar Cafe which services all the « community care tents » from commercial kitchens that were essentially commandeered from private businesses with the help of BC Housing (BC Housing is the poverty pimp kingmaker)
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#7750 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:19 PM

That was his response when asked about being at the Colonial Law Kills tent?
  • Mike K. likes this

#7751 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

He should resign

Edited by A Girl is No one, 28 January 2021 - 05:24 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#7752 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,069 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:27 PM

HES busy building the latest poverty pimp empire through his Red Cedar Cafe which services all the « community care tents » from commercial kitchens that were essentially commandeered from private businesses with the help of BC Housing (BC Housing is the poverty pimp kingmaker)

post of 2021 so far.  well done.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#7753 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:54 PM

Isitt's response is so condescending.  

I think Andrews comment about being at the table meant being at the table in a more figurative manner, in that attending remotely from your home office is also acceptable so long as you are engaged with the meeting.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#7754 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:31 PM

Isitt's response is so condescending...

It's right up there with Dubow's "apology" and his subsequent moral outrage at increased police funding. With each passing day I grow more certain that at least one third of council hates the CoV and wants to see the majority of its citizens suffer to bring about the "social change" they feel is needed.

• mbjj, Awaiting Juno, A Girl is No one and 1 other like this

#7755 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,069 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 07:23 PM

https://twitter.com/Adam_Stirling

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 January 2021 - 07:23 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#7756 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 28 January 2021 - 07:45 PM

Remember those soup kitchens where the religious zealots would tempt the poor and downtrodden in for a bowl of soup and a slice of bread while someone was preaching from the bible....This is what we have with Isitt and his captive audience because sane normal working people would tell him and his ideas to take a bike ride off the edge off the breakwater.

He's using charity as a front to promote his version of utopia and build a base of support

Theres actually a dictionary word for it 'souperism' Souperism - Wikipedia where you would be invited to 'take the soup' I rememebr my late Irish Grandma talking about people 'taking the soup' I had no idea of the implications

Edited by rjag, 28 January 2021 - 07:55 PM.

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#7757 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:29 PM

My greatest wish is that someone with better graphic skills than I would create a meme of Isitt phoning in to a council meeting with different backdrops. Russian revolution, Antifa protest, etc.
  • A Girl is No one and newbie_01 like this

#7758 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 938 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:38 PM

Links to that response, please!

#7759 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:04 PM

Links to that response, please!

https://pub-victoria...5b-5c52d8f35048

3:15 - he was the last to talk after Stephen Andrew.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#7760 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 10:50 PM

My greatest wish is that someone with better graphic skills than I would create a meme of Isitt phoning in to a council meeting with different backdrops. Russian revolution, Antifa protest, etc.

as a temporary fix there is this!

https://www.reddit.c...talogue_of_ben/

• A Girl is No one and newbie_01 like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users