NEST
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1100 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 12
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: pre-sales
NEST is a 12-storey condominium tower with ground and second floor commercial space at Yates and Cook streets ... (view full profile)
Learn more about NEST on Citified.ca      Official website: https://nestbychard.com
Photo

[Fernwood] Nest & Haven | Condos; office; retail | 12 & 6-storeys

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#101 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:58 AM

No rentals here, but it will have a B.C. Housing-supported affordable ownership component similar to what Chard did with Vivid.

And I imagine that at least 25% of the market condos (in the tower component) will be leased out to long-term tenants.  

Mods:  let's change the status of this to 'approved'!    :1954_dancing:

#102 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:01 AM

It might have already been said earlier, but would this project be built in phases? And if so, which building comes first?

#103 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:20 AM

When will construction start here ?

#104 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

First they’ll have to bulldoze the strip mall. I don’t know what sorts of lease agreements they have in place.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#105 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:30 AM

Presumably, the Johnson street low-rise will be built after the "tower"?

Edit: I assume that new parking underneath the tower will in part replace the surface parking that currently fronts Johnson Street.

Edited by Nparker, 29 February 2020 - 10:37 AM.

#106 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

First they’ll have to bulldoze the strip mall. I don’t know what sorts of lease agreements they have in place.

Laundro Lounge has been actively looking for a new home for over a year ...

#107 DavidC

DavidC
  • 111 posts
  • LocationJames Bay / Edmonton

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:26 AM

Received in my inbox today...

(Apology if there is a thread already, did a search and came up empty)

Attached Images

• Haven.jpg

#108 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

I assume that Haven is the low-rise building in the Cook Street Plaza redevelopment: https://vibrantvicto...oreys-approved/

#109 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:23 PM

I assume that Haven is the low-rise building in the Cook Street Plaza redevelopment: https://vibrantvicto...oreys-approved/

That's correct Jackerbie.

Mods:  should we merge this into the existing thread ...?

• Mike K. likes this

#110 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:09 AM

If the Haven is anything like Vivid, it will have to be 100% sold before construction can technically begin. So, the Johnson street lowrise building won't start until it's sold out.

I'm also wondering if like Vivid/Yates on Yates, there's only enough parking for available for the 2 and 3-bedroom units. :P

Edited by magmazing, 08 March 2020 - 11:13 AM.

#111 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:47 PM

If the Haven is anything like Vivid, it will have to be 100% sold before construction can technically begin. So, the Johnson street lowrise building won't start until it's sold out.

I'm also wondering if like Vivid/Yates on Yates, there's only enough parking for available for the 2 and 3-bedroom units. :P

I don't think that first part will be an issue. Vivid buyers made sure that thing sold out pretty fast. :-p

Yeah, parking is always an issue. I hope there is enough parking for everyone. Parking in general seems to be super expensive (the deeper you have to blast, the more expensive) to the point that developers don't get much return on it... at least from what I read.

#112 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

Why do you think it needs to be 100% sold beforehand?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#113 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:10 PM

Why do you think it needs to be 100% sold beforehand?

The Vivid at the Yates was done in partnership with BC Housing. BC Housing provided the financing but on the condition that Chard sell it out first.

This building, the Haven, is supposed to be a similar partnership between Chard and BC Housing.

#114 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:45 PM

Vivid sold-out in October of 2018. Excavation began in January of that year, or ten months earlier.

All lenders want to see strong sales activity prior to giving the go-ahead but work on the Yates/Vivid project began well before the project hit 50% sold-out; it reached 90% in June.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#115 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

Vivid sold-out in October of 2018. Excavation began in January of that year, or ten months earlier.

All lenders want to see strong sales activity prior to giving the go-ahead but work on the Yates/Vivid project began well before the project hit 50% sold-out; it reached 90% in June.

Hmmm. I believe you are right. They weren't waiting for 100% status before they started building, they just needed 100% status before BC Housing would release the funding for Vivid to Chard

#116 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:05 AM

Hmmm. I believe you are right. They weren't waiting for 100% status before they started building, they just needed 100% status before BC Housing would release the funding for Vivid to Chard

I see - that makes sense. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#117 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:37 AM

Yeah, parking is always an issue. I hope there is enough parking for everyone. Parking in general seems to be super expensive (the deeper you have to blast, the more expensive) to the point that developers don't get much return on it... at least from what I read.

The low rise building has 104 units and 59 residential parking spaces.

The 12-storey building has 107 units and 70 residential parking spaces, plus a handful of visitor and car share spaces.

All of the 107 commercial parking spaces are in the low rise building.

#118 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

Haven by Chard (the attainable portion of this project) has begun marketing:

https://www.havenbychard.com/

#119 dangnaggit

dangnaggit
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 03:58 PM

When is this one starting? 

#120 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

As someone who has indicated interest in Chard Development in the past, we are excited to share with you our latest homeownership offering coming this Spring! Located where Victoria's best neighbourhoods connect, NEST is a boutique collection of condominium homes at the corner of Cook and Yates

not.  sure.  they have looked at the map properly.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 February 2021 - 11:59 AM.

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users