Capital Daily

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 01:42 PM

Oh I agree, it’s not an ideal scenario. And of course the damage the stress test has done for qualifying is also another matter. At 5 and a quarter or whatever the stress test is means even at a $100k income you’re now relegated to something along the lines of 70% of what you could qualify for.

In my case the stress test was only off by 3%. But who’s counting.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:03 PM

This is gone to a pay model now? Anyways. Preview of an interesting looking series of articles on housing and how water limits building here. The housing market here is brutal. I don’t know how other service industry businesses survive here without some seriously involved personal solutions. Many businesses own staff housing just to survive.

https://www.capitald...FCeHqKq__LbizE4

Matt.

#83 Banksy

Banksy
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:30 AM

Over the weekend Capital Daily sent out a newsletter claiming Steve Wallace was arrested and charged with sexual assault then released on bail and they were asking people to donate to their organization to continue with their investigative reporting. Now they are saying Steve Wallace was not charged with sexual assault and wasn't released on bail and that they are sorry for making those claims. They also said police are not responding to their requests for comment.

Can someone explain to me what is happening please.

Edited by Banksy, 04 October 2021 - 11:31 AM.

#84 spanky123

spanky123
  • 17,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:58 AM

^ Who knows, lets see how they dig themselves out of this one. 

I'd bet there are a few people in the MSM getting their kicks over this.

• rjag and sebberry like this

#85 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:17 PM

Can someone explain to me what is happening please.

That's easy.  They'll just blame Langford.

#86 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:47 PM

VicPD has written to us with the following statement, from Bowen Osoko:

“We are not able to confirm the information. VicPD has not supplied any documents, undertaking or otherwise, to a media outlet in relation to inquiries about this subject.

We believe survivors of sexualized violence. We take reports of sexualized violence seriously and want survivors to know that we will listen. For information on supports you can access please visit: vicpd.ca/webelieveyou.”

So we gave three claims:
- An arrest took place
- Charges were laid
- Bail was granted
- a document was obtained identifying those facts

This AM, they have walked back the claim charges were laid, and bail was granted, and they’ve identified their source for the document as one of Wallace’s accusers, but the document does not corroborate charges, bail or an arrest.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#87 Banksy

Banksy
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:09 AM

South Island Prosperity Project frontman Dallas Gislason said on Twitter "Wow, amazing work on this team effort! Absolutely A+, top notch, professional journalism at work!" @dallasgislason

I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or if he's serious that the **** up of the decade is A+.

• Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users